The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to REALLY become a millionaire (Video)

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
The Yelp reviews are actually quite detailed, and truly sad.

Yep, but I don't put much weight on the reviews because one can always use methods to manipulate them.
Give a hopeless man hope, by selling him a smoke-bomb millionaire-hope book and he will give you the best possible review, although he's still broke.

This doesn't look very good to me (from his Yelp reviews):

a870d7ecb33e587edccebd4cb9f3f213[1].png

Btw one of the main reasons I liked your book in the first place was that it's based on practical advice rather than giving away hope-balloons.
Some of its advice I use as my guide and at different points in the journey I can relate to different principles in there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
I have learned to never perceive people for what they say, but rather for what they actually DO. But still have compassion for them.
Actions tell me more than any amount of words.
If he does MLM and that kind of shit, getting people's money for nothing, then he's not the kind of person I would like to learn from or be my mentor.
I can read a book and repeat all of its key points in a 10 minute video but that doesn't make me a millionaire by my own advice but rather a seller of it.
In that video he says all the things any book about money and/or self-development will tell you - which is mostly smoke.

Brutal honesty is always better than genuine bullshit.
Say whatever you want, but always do what is right.

For me MLM is so wrong, it's criminal (in most cases).

MLM is legal buddy. How many people here like Grant Cardone? He's very similiar and was into pumping up Scientology I think? Isn't that criminal as well after the dozens of exposes going on? MLM looks tame next to it as far as cultish behavior is concerned.

not understanding the hate on this guy right now...I've seen Yelp reviews that are way off. MLM is a personal business so if people feel like they were pitched something unethical, they will post on Yelp no doubt and sway things. Millions of people join mlm and don't post reviews on Yelp and many are ok with it. Compared to that Lopez dude he provides 100x more value at first glance? Maybe I am wrong but his video with Cuban was excellent

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
first glance?

Repeat after me:
"Don't sell me hope, sell me reality, help me perceive what I currently don't, for I don't want to die dreaming - or in this case PHP dreaming)".

It's not hating, you don't have to put such a label on this free discussion.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Repeat after me:
"Don't sell me hope, sell me reality, help me perceive what I currently don't, for I don't want to die dreaming - or in this case PHP dreaming)".

It's not hating, you don't have to put such a label on this free discussion.

the reality is brutal my friend. I believe 65 people control half the world's monetary wealth currently. The reality of most people failing to execute, even with good books like MJ's, is just factual.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I think if we're talking about success we're talking about innovation and efficiency. How can I do what I already do now, but do it better? I think this thought process leads to habits that will get the job done, and implement a system that will work for you when you're not there.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Wow, the guy got me. I was so fooled by the initial post. MLM? Lesson learned.

The most convincing lies are the ones that are almost completely true.

Also, I love this quote from a drone on the Yelp page:

"If PHP is a scam, the local authority or Better Business Bureau would have shut them down already... bottom line, PHP REPRESENTS AIG, nationwide, etc companies that makes it HIGH class Broker agency because of its affiliations with these companies."

This is roughly explained as:

False Cause
Appeal to Authority

Genetic Fallacy

Here's a true story for you that can serve as a kind of parable:

When Ralph Nader was at Princeton University, he was walking around campus one day while they were spraying the trees with dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) to control bag worms and other insects. The clouds were raining on students, they were wiping it off their foreheads, shaking it out of their hair, rubbing it out of their eyes, and spitting it out of their mouths.

Ralph went in to the dean and expressed concern, "Shouldn't they be spraying at night or closing the sidewalks? Doesn't that seem dangerous."

There is no wrong or right way to make money.

Yeaaaaah, that's completely false. Even if you're going to take an absolutely self-interested view, there are tons of ways to make lots of money that sacrifice your own happiness, health, family, security, longevity, future ability to make money in other verticals, etc. Just because there are infinite ways to make money doesn't mean there aren't a ton of "wrong" ones too.

Last edited:

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
It's so much easier to consume than produce...
It's easier for me to produce.. I was watching The Big Short and Christian Bale (Michael Burry) says, "I look for value wherever it can be found." The guy has a pretty interesting way of looking at things, I would suggest watching some of his interviews.

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
Gary Vaynerchuk claims he never reads books.

I'm an active reader, but I certainly don't think it's a necessity. Everyone has there own style of learning and saying you need to read 8 books a month is ridiculous.

Reading too much can be costly too. A year ago, I was reading 14+ books a month and jammed way too much s*** into my head. Now I just stick to 1-3 a week.

Bouncing Soul

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 13, 2014
Yep, but I don't put much weight on the reviews because one can always use methods to manipulate them.
...This doesn't look very good to me (from his Yelp reviews):

As MJ said, way too many specifics in those negative reviews.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Yeaaaaah, that's completely false. Even if you're going to take an absolutely self-interested view, there are tons of ways to make lots of money that sacrifice your own happiness, health, family, security, longevity, future ability to make money in other verticals, etc. Just because there are infinite ways to make money doesn't mean there aren't a ton of "wrong" ones too.

I think you are false.

I only said there is no right or wrong way to "make" money. I never said there wasn't a "better" way considering all the options.

Also, just because something is better, doesn't imply the other lesser options are wrong.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I only said there is no right or wrong way to "make" money.

Totally disagree. Like, sell my first born, disagree.

Bernard Madoff made a lot of money. Don Lapre did too. So did that guy that started that MLM that was raided by the FBI and is now bankrupt (and left thousands of distributors owed money.)

But we should excuse these guys because they made money? And there is no wrong way to do it?

I must be misinterpreting your point.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I only said there is no right or wrong way to "make" money. I never said there wasn't a "better" way considering all the options.

It looks like Kevin O'Leary has joined the forum under this name :D

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
@RHL
@MJ DeMarco
There is no wrong or right way to make money.

Why then, are you guys all consuming videos when you should be baking that bread?
"There's no need to watch this video and learn it's concepts by heart if you want to become a millionaire.
Many ways lead to Rome.

Quit wasting your time searching for the magic money making blueprint and start creating something valuable."

That's how I interpreted that post, not a single mention of moral or ethics.
But maybe I'm wrong.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
It looks like Kevin O'Leary has joined the forum under this name :D

Is Kevin O'Leary the rea

Bernard Madoff made a lot of money. Don Lapre did too. So did that guy that started that MLM that was raided by the FBI and is now bankrupt (and left thousands of distributors owed money.)

But we should excuse these guys because they made money? And there is no wrong way to do it?

Hey MJ- How about Grant Cardone vs the guy in the original Post. Grant is a major promoter of the cult called scientology which also has serious blackmail issues with their audits when used against celebrities. I see tons of people promoting Grant's work now in self help/business/sales. As you can see from video he is not bashful about selling his brand

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

That is true. Drug dealers make money all the time.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I hate these "How to be a millionaire videos", there's never any real value in them, all they do is talk about habits and motivation, and write a bunch of quotes, but never any real numbers or investments. Complete waste of time watching these videos, or reading these books. Why not instead of watching this crap, you pick up a new skill or read about construction or something useful.

Quit wasting your time looking for these videos on youtube and instead focus on creating something new, learning a new skill, or interacting with people to learn about their problems and finding a way to solve them.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013

I don't lump ill intent as "making" money. I consider that stealing.

If you go out with intent at the start to fraud people ( Madoff, Lapre, etc ), then I don't call that a way to "make" money. That's just stealing. You never were providing value of any measure at all.

"Making" money ( not stealing it ) is different.

to make something is a bit different ( in my mind ) than to steal it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I don't lump ill intent as "making" money. I consider that stealing.

If you go out with intent at the start to fraud people ( Madoff, Lapre, etc ), then I don't call that a way to "make" money. That's just stealing. You never were providing value of any measure at all.

"Making" money ( not stealing it ) is different.

to make something is a bit different ( in my mind ) than to steal it.

Thanks for the clarification!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Excellent clip.

Mark on being able to tell who has the potential to 'make it' and how doesn't... (around the 14 minute mark)

"I can tell by the questions they ask me... the questions you ask, tell me, tell whoever, more about you than anything else you do. In particular it tells me about your preparation. If you ask me questions about just basic things, and things you should have known, and you should have down to a science, that's going to disqualify you nearly more than anything."

This really hits home as it is something I have already dealt with this year. No more just blasting posts without doing the research. Someone said a few weeks ago it was a form of action faking (completely true) and I thought about that hard for the rest of the day. There is really very little that I would need to start a post on, its all here already. The only posts I should be starting are I have accomplished X, Y and Z, here is how I did it and here is what I am doing next.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Someone posted one of this guy's videos a while back and that got me watching his stuff. This is pretty good.

he is a great a guy i started watching him from a while back he is pretty good.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.