The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to pitch bloggers/influencers?

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
How does one become a blogger/influencer?

I believe you just start up a blog and a social media account (mainly Instagram or YouTube these days), and begin posting content about particular niche categories or topics that you will focus on.

Depending on how good/valuable your content is around your specific subject area people will follow you on that channel/platform.

If you grow to a certain size of follower base, other people/brands will look at you as an “influencer” that they could use to potentially reach their target customers and expose them to their products.

For what it’s worth, the way I see it, I hate how bloggers themselves are auto declaring themselves “influencers”.... you slap that label on your bio and it’s like now you’re an influencer.... that’s not how it works in my eyes.. someone who truly influences doesn’t need to call himself an influencer.

Brands and other companies began terming those people, influencers, only to describe the way they could leverage those people to reach their target market and make sales.

Anyways, that’s my view. Open to others’ thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Too long. Too formal. Sounds like a copy/paste email or message. The "services" section doesn't work at all. You gotta warm them up to the idea before you start talking details of the deal.

Try something like this for a social message / DM:

Hi [Name],

I think your followers would love our [product name] because [reason].

Would you be interested in doing a collab?

Where "reason" should be something specific or unique to their account. If youtube video, maybe you substitute the word collab with review.

For bloggers, you'd be best off pre-writing an entire article, that would be a good fit for the blog, before you even contact them. Make it super easy for them to work with you. You've already done the work.
Hey Amp, I have been practising writing emails. And I am going to include a pre-written article. Though I had a bit of a silly question. You said "That would be a good fit for the blog", should this article be about my product? Thanks.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
They aren't going to want any content that is a full feature ad for your product.

It needs to be an informative article that is relevant to your niche. Your product can be mentioned in the article. The article just can't be about your product. Make sense?
Yep makes complete sense, thanks. I just got an image in my mind of what it should look like.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
How does one become a blogger/influencer?
The key about being an influencer is not the platform used, but the community built around your branding/product. My girlfriend has been blogging about entrepreneurship, marketing, etc. but creating a community around a blog is really hard (people can only interact in comments, which aren't really dynamic).

She created a Facebook Group to talk about her blog and discuss entrepreneurial ideas with her readers. The group is about to hit the 20,000 members mark in the next days (it's at 19,960-something I believe as I'm typing this).

Instagram has a lot of influencers because comments aren't formal and are linked to emotions (lots of smileys).

YouTube is also a place where comments can develop easily, so the community becomes really strong (the bond made by videos showing yourself changes a lot about how your subscribers perceive you, does that make sense ?).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.