• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

How to pitch bloggers/influencers?

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by LiveEntrepreneur, Aug 13, 2018.

1. LiveEntrepreneur

LiveEntrepreneur Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $511
    So I can't find a guide on this anywhere, I have found guides to pitch bloggers about guest posting for example but not to get coverage of my app. My goal is to get them to promote my app, obviously I need to provide them some sort of value and I've got the part down of providing the pictures/benefits of the app in the email. But how to start the email to get them interested I have no idea. And also needed some examples of a headline that will catch the eyes of the blogger/influencer.

I also read that each email pitch should be different, but I don't see why I don't just send the same email considering my request is all the same? I'm constantly lost on what to do and need some guidance.

2. jcvlds

jcvlds JC FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $758
    Try to think about what would catch your attention and be really interesting if you were them... this may depend on the niche that you are in and the type of content that each specific blogger focuses on.

You mention you have down the benefits of YOUR app (which I'm assuming are benefits to the users of the app), but you need to think about the benefits to THE BLOGGER/INFLUENCER. Are you thinking about paying them? The value for them may just be monetary if you are going to pay for them posting about your app... does your app help them get more exposure/reach to get more followers?

You have to think about the things they care about and how you can find a valuable exchange so that they will promote your app.

3. MTEE1985

MTEE1985 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,966
    You have several different options for this. Everything mentions above is great, you need to provide them with something of value.

I would add/ask: who are you targeting? Make sure you have your demographic, search by hashtags and just start reaching out. Reaching out to bloggers and influencers is 10x easier than trying to cold call businesses because the bloggers WANT to be contacted.

If they are a large account with over 500k followers than they will likely have a media manager and respond with a media kit detailing pricing. Under 100k and they will respond themselves and may post for as little as $50.

100k-500k is tricky but can be a goldmine. Some of them get to big for their britches and are waiting for Gucci to reach out while others don’t realize they can command $200-$500 a post and might still do it for under $100.

LiveEntrepreneur and jcvlds like this.
  4. LiveEntrepreneur

Rep Bank:
    $511
    Yes you are correct they are benefits for the user of the app not the bloggers. I guess what I was looking for was a template to work with. I got one but I'm almost in a analysis paralysis phase where I want to get it perfect. I was thinking of offering money a small amount or provide them value in another way. Thanks for the advice also.

5. LiveEntrepreneur

Rep Bank:
    $511
    Thanks for the advice.