The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to monetize an app which is not a SaaS?

Marketing, social media, advertising

bambz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 11, 2021
Hi, I've created MVP with my friends. It's the application, where a user creates a list of gifts he wants to get for different occasions. Users can also invite friends. They can later reserve the ideas for gifts. At first, we've created this app for us because there is always the problem - none of us (group of friends) know what to buy for a birthday, name day, etc to each other.

At some moment we decided to publish this app because more people could have this kind of problem :)

But this app is free. How could we earn on it? Are there some better ideas than ads?

Best regards

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
Hi, I've created MVP with my friends. It's the application, where a user creates a list of gifts he wants to get for different occasions. Users can also invite friends. They can later reserve the ideas for gifts. At first, we've created this app for us because there is always the problem - none of us (group of friends) know what to buy for a birthday, name day, etc to each other.

At some moment we decided to publish this app because more people could have this kind of problem :)

But this app is free. How could we earn on it? Are there some better ideas than ads?

Best regards
Im not an expert on this but If I'm not mistaken some apps sell off peoples information as leads to other companies or people. I don't think they sell off everything and there is a legal side to this because you can't just sell all their information but I'm sure can sell parts of it.

Last edited:

maximusharrison

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 1, 2021
Im not an expert on this but If I'm not mistaken some apps sell off peoples information as leads to other companies or people. I don't think they sell off everything and there is a legal side to this because you can just sell all their information but I'm sure can sell parts of it.
+1 on this. You could also create a community or a forum section on the app where you have people discuss gift ideas. You can earn some money if you sign up for affiliate networks and recommend products you can buy to the community.

Other than that, you could create and dedicate a blog section that mainly focuses on gift ideas.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
+1 on this. You could also create a community or a forum section on the app where you have people discuss gift ideas. You can earn some money if you sign up for affiliate networks and recommend products you can buy to the community.

Other than that, you could create and dedicate a blog section that mainly focuses on gift ideas.
Or come yourself up with gift ideas and list affiliate links.
Also ads on the app.

Pretty much it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ocricci

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 20, 2013
As the user base grows you can charge from product manufacturers to promote their products as gift suggestions on the app

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA

Best regards
As others have suggested, grow the user list first. To do this, think about other ways you can make this app useful. The holiday is coming, can you provide gift ideas? Take a look at this app, all it does is provide people travel packing list suggestions and it makes more than $6K monthly. ‎PackPoint Travel Packing List

1635536260111.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.