I have an idea for an online service which I am considering to implement to get my hands dirty and make the transition to producer. I am mostly interested into getting into action rather than making money at first still I need to know when the app would be too expensive for me to keep online.
The service needs some backend api's and a smartphone app, and possibly a web page.
I think there is a need for this service and I envision it to be very easy to use. The thing is that I do not think end users will pay for it since the target group is mostly young people. But if it becomes popular I would have running costs, if it becomes too popular I would drain my savings rather fast paying for cloud services.
So I am very curious about how to make the calculations, and what options are out there for monetizing.
I consider ads in app but I know as I user that might put off some people.
I consider creating additional services that would be charged but right now I have no clue which other services I could push.
I realize I am trying to solve a problem I do not have yet but I am afraid that this thought is going to pop up whenever I face any difficulty in the implementation of the service and could demotivate me.
The service needs some backend api's and a smartphone app, and possibly a web page.
I think there is a need for this service and I envision it to be very easy to use. The thing is that I do not think end users will pay for it since the target group is mostly young people. But if it becomes popular I would have running costs, if it becomes too popular I would drain my savings rather fast paying for cloud services.
So I am very curious about how to make the calculations, and what options are out there for monetizing.
I consider ads in app but I know as I user that might put off some people.
I consider creating additional services that would be charged but right now I have no clue which other services I could push.
I realize I am trying to solve a problem I do not have yet but I am afraid that this thought is going to pop up whenever I face any difficulty in the implementation of the service and could demotivate me.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
