The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

HOW TO MARKET HOSTELS AND PRICE MY JOB

Marketing, social media, advertising

Muthembwa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 14, 2019
I landed my first client who wants me to market their Hostels to these targets;
  1. Students
  2. People travelling overseas for jobs- since they can't afford lodging fees
  3. Local tourists who can't afford to pay lodging fees.
The client complains that since the closure of universities following the COVID pandemic lockdowns in Kenya, the students who were the majority of his tenants left. However, the universities have opened but the students who had previously rented havent rented again after the COVID pandemic lockdowns.
CHALLENGES IM FACING
  1. How to effectively bring them people who will rent the rooms?​
  2. What method to use in charging the hostel owner as a Digital Marketer?​

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
  1. Students
The client complains that since the closure of universities following the COVID pandemic lockdowns in Kenya, the students who were the majority of his tenants left. However, the universities have opened but the students who had previously rented havent rented again after the COVID pandemic lockdowns.
CHALLENGES IM FACING
This is where copywriting comes into play.

Identify their pain point, is it the money or is it something else they prioritize over everything else? As a Marketer, you got to know that people buy when it fulfills something they're looking for. To be honest Check @Lex DeVille's YT channel, you will get some good tips about copywriting.

Just my two cents :)

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
  1. Students
CHALLENGES IM FACING
To me it seems that you can do a fairly successful FB/social campaign~ish

The idea, find the groups/forums where potential customers have joined.
Contanct the admins and see if you can advertise the hostels services there.
Provide a nice package with a promocode for some discount, make it personal (yea, look into the copywriting for sure).
Next option, get the contacts from your client of all his previous tenants and give all of them a call, email them, whatever. Get into contact, dont be formal, and just ask them whats going on, do they think of getting back, ask them for insight, why arent they returning, has something happened etc.
Dont forget that promo code again (maybe not code, but some marker so that the discount can be personal and can be tracked)
Next option, go to the universities and see what you can do there. Brochures, hand out papers, ask around, get in touch with the teachers, maybe they can refer you some students.

As for the charging method.
I would do it as a percent from the revenue for each customer that you bring.
That`ll show the client your confidence, you`ll be in charge of how much money you make and since you hand out some marker (promo code or something else) it`ll be easy to track how many customers you brought.

Hope this helps.

D

Deleted78083

1. Find out where students look for rooms to rent (websites, facebook group, etc) and display posts or ads there.
2. For tourists: create profiles on the main hotels and hostels directory (trivago, booking, hotels.com, hostelworld.com, Tripadvisor, etc). You can also put the hostel on airbnb.
3. For workers: contact agencies that recruit and send the workers and let the agencies know that the workers can sleep in the hostel because it is so much cheaper and blablabla.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

Provide a nice package with a promocode for some discount, make it personal (yea, look into the copywriting for sure).
Next option, get the contacts from your client of all his previous tenants and give all of them a call, email them, whatever. Get into contact, dont be formal, and just ask them whats going on, do they think of getting back, ask them for insight, why arent they returning, has something happened etc.
Dont forget that promo code again (maybe not code, but some marker so that the discount can be personal and can be tracked)
Next option, go to the universities and see what you can do there. Brochures, hand out papers, ask around, get in touch with the teachers, maybe they can refer you some students.

That`ll show the client your confidence, you`ll be in charge of how much money you make and since you hand out some marker (promo code or something else) it`ll be easy to track how many customers you brought.

Hope this helps.
This is the answer that he needed from a seasoned fastlaner. I tried to provide as much value as I could but your post holds great value. People like you are the reason I love this forum

Muthembwa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 14, 2019

Hope this heIlps

It doe

Hope this helps.
It does help me put a good plan together.

Muthembwa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 14, 2019
1. Find out where students look for rooms to rent (websites, facebook group, etc) and display posts or ads there.
2. For tourists: create profiles on the main hotels and hostels directory (trivago, booking, hotels.com, hostelworld.com, Tripadvisor, etc). You can also put the hostel on airbnb.
3. For workers: contact agencies that recruit and send the workers and let the agencies know that the workers can sleep in the hostel because it is so much cheaper and blablabla.
Thank you. That a good giude. It will guide me

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
This is briliant, I should have considered that option.
You can even extend this to include local businesses where you know they have workers from abroad.
Basically to let them know that you can host their workers for a good price so you can stirke a deal with them or something.
To refer you workers.
Easier for the workers because they`ll have a place to stay right away, even if they decide to leave it later, and esier for the employers because they`ll be able to offer accommodation along with the job.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
It doe

It does help me put a good plan together.
One thing that I thought of earlier, which I forgat to say.
There is such a thing as too much customers.
So key thing here, make sure that if you find customers, there are places for them to stay.

An example of where this can go wrong is a restaurant.
Say that you do a killer promotion and you get alot of bookings for the night.
What if the bookings are too close togehter?
Say that you try to turn tables in 1 hour.
New customers will show up before the current ones have finished.
That could damage the business.

So be mindful of how much customers you need to bring max.
Dont just go all out as if you are trying to fill a skyscraper with people.

Muthembwa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 14, 2019
This is briliant, I should have considered that option.
You can even extend this to include local businesses where you know they have workers from abroad.
Basically to let them know that you can host their workers for a good price so you can stirke a deal with them or something.
To refer you workers.
Easier for the workers because they`ll have a place to stay right away, even if they decide to leave it later, and esier for the employers because they`ll be able to offer accommodation along with the job.
That's a great idea

Muthembwa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 14, 2019
One thing that I thought of earlier, which I forgat to say.
There is such a thing as too much customers.
So key thing here, make sure that if you find customers, there are places for them to stay.

An example of where this can go wrong is a restaurant.
Say that you do a killer promotion and you get alot of bookings for the night.
What if the bookings are too close togehter?
Say that you try to turn tables in 1 hour.
New customers will show up before the current ones have finished.
That could damage the business.

So be mindful of how much customers you need to bring max.
Dont just go all out as if you are trying to fill a skyscraper with people.
thanks for the insight

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.