The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to make 100 bucks in 4 days?

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Go shovel snow, cut grass, or anything with trading time for money. It would be the best investment for your time if you NEED the money in 4 days.

Now, in the long run this isn't advised, but certainly in such a short time span, and presumably no money(?) that'd be the quickiest way to go. It's not exactly difficult...

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
There are many ways you could do that. I have no idea what your skill set is, but here are some ideas:

Walk dogs
Babysit
Clean someone's house/office/etc
Sell things you don't need on ebay/craigslist
Do yard work/remove snow etc
Find aluminum cans around town and sell them to a recycling center
Make an ebook and sell it online
Offer up a skill on fiverr.com - you could literally get paid to do some crazy/weird/interesting things!
Check craigslist for a temp jobs - could be moving stuff, general labor on a construction job, tree removal, etc
Get a second job (assuming you already have one?)
Join usertesting.com and earn money for reviewing sites, yes it is legit!
Offer your services as a virtual assistant
If you're crafty, sell things on etsy
If you're musical, find gigs or even play on the street

And of course you could always resort to begging, stealing, and prostitution, but let's hope this post inspired you to take positive action instead! :p

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
is this post serious? lol you could get a minimum wage job and make well over $100 in 4 days!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Go to Craigslist > Cities under the "free" section under "for sale". Call around picking up stuff you could flip. Do a garage sale marking down the prices

Also can go under the services section like danoodle said and put stuff from his list.

"Walk dogs
Babysit
Clean someone's house/office/etc
Do yard work/remove snow etc"

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
not to pile on cj, but, that's $25/day.... how do you NOT earn $100 in 4 days, that's my question!

In four days cleaning bathrooms at min.wage for only 8 hours a day (there are 24 in a day) you'd get close to $200...

It *sounds* like you're asking for some quick, no effort way to get $100. Which there may be ways to do and there may not, but I'm not sure this forum will be much help to you with that mindset.

D.J.

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 24, 2011
Find a penny, pick it up, all day long, your making money?

You can do random stuff all around town to make that kind of money easy. If your asking how to make it passively, that's for you to construct. :)

As an alternative to what others said, go trash dig, recycle bottles. Hey you may even come across a thrown away wallet, wallah! Danoodle's prostitution idea could do well, you may make well over a 100$!

Good luck man, take action!

cjrocks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Feb 1, 2011
Eugene Oregon
Some good ideas here. I am homeless I have 25 bucks and i have had 7 job interviews and applied for 200 jobs with out no luck since october. I can not just beg with a sign it jsut doesnt sit well with me. I would love to make money on my own i figure i start out trying to make 100 bucks in 4 days to make it simple. I have flipped items from craigslist in the past maybe i can try again but then theres a storage problem. I want to be self sufficiant and not have to rely on a paycheck that is my goal. My retirement lan is to have enough assests to live off of. I am at a verizonwireless store using there internet lol i will be checking back in. sorry if my spelling and grammar is god offle i know it makes some cringe. keep coming with the ideas.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
What city are you in?

exon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2009
Croatia
What about fiverr.com? What would you do for five bucks? 5x / day x 4 days = $100

Write a review, sing, talk, shoot, write... If you have any audio, graphic or coding skills maybe you should try envato marketplace?

Although it is the small amount of money - The principles are always the same - What is your offer? How can you solve a problem or fulfill someones need. Nobody cares about you and your needs (except maybe FFF).

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Get a job.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Go to Craigslist > Cities under the "free" section under "for sale". Call around picking up stuff you could flip. Do a garage sale marking down the prices

Or sell things other people don't need.. Go door to door in your neighborhood ask your neighbors what they need to sell. Post that on craigslist and split the money. 50/50.

Everyone has a bunch of crap they want to get rid of, just no time to post it and show it.

cjrocks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Feb 1, 2011
Eugene Oregon
Get a job.

I would get a job if i could find one. Like i said 200 applications and resumes sent out since early October 7 interviews and still no job. If 100 dollars is to easy then i will make it more simple for you people who can make the bigger bucks. How can i make 1000 dollars in 24 hours with no money to start with? The words "Get a Job" are not what they used to be for me i am just insulted by those words anymore.

littlekingaz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 26, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I am not entirely sure how old you are, but when I was 18 I was able to make 500 in 3 days just by offering a service. I used to own my own door-to-door flyer delivery business and it's fairly simple to get customers, due to the fact that walking door to door is such a pain in the a$$. Business owners will gladly pay you for those types of services. Charge at 0.08 cents a flyer and ask for a minimum of 1000 flyers, and you are well on your way. Does it suck? Hell yeah. But does it pay? Absolutely.

My business partner used to mow lawns and made some good money, considering how old he was at the time (high school student). Offer your services on craigslist and it is simple to get going.

Valuegiver said get a job, and while I value his advice, I think better advice to be offered would be to CREATE a job instead. It's up to you, though. You say you are homeless, so desperate times call for desperate measures. Get creative, and stop letting employers dictate your situation. Take control.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Work for it, it's that damn simple. Consider this the first of many lessons in "tough love".

Too many people ask "how can I get money" with no intention of working for it.

If you want someone to turn over their cash to you, guess what, you're going to have to provide something of value to them. And you're going to have to work at it.

You can't spend your days hanging out at the Verizon store waiting for someone to hand you over $100 just because you're one heck of a nice guy. While you're at the Verizon store, why don't you talk to the manager, tell him about your situation and ask if you can help vacuum the floors at night or stock merchandise or hold one of those sign costume things that fit over your shoulders and act like a human billboard for the store (or any store in the vicinity).

Be productive, provide value, and work for it and you'll have your $100 in a few days.

Problem solved. On to the next one.

NHS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 16, 2010
Lots of great idea except "get a job." This is the fast lane forum we create jobs! :)

I like that flier business you mentioned. Anyone who has free time should be all over that. Get 3-4 business and do all the fliers at once. Simple.

I also like the craigslist idea.

Seriously I walked into a Salvation Army 3 weeks ago just to see if I could make money off of it(not a pretty place). Spent about $35 and made over $100 selling just 5 things in the last 3 weeks. When it's all gone I should make between $275-300. Get your $100 and do this everyday and you will be making a killing in no time.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Lots of great idea except "get a job." This is the fast lane forum we create jobs! :)

I understand what you're saying, but if a person doesn't first have their own financial house in order, they're probably not going to be ready to "create jobs".

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
you are doing something very wrong if you applied to 200 jobs and didn't get one...

don't tell them you are homeless, obviously.

I would get a sign but better yet I would provide service, try selling gum at traffic lights or bottles of water for $2

"get a job is insulting to me" - why are you insulted?

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
"get a job is insulting to me" - why are you insulted?

This is what I was wondering too.

I assumed it was / is due to laziness, which is the reason I replied with the "tough love" comments, but I could be wrong here.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Just like the person who is 100 pounds over weight, it didn't happen over night. It took the habit of "one more bite" over and over again.

You may be in a desperate situation now but you weren't put in this situation overnight... and to top it off, nothing we can say or do for you will change it overnight either. It will take a completely new mindset, new habits, and new actions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.