The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Make $1 Million Before You Graduate!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Yep, great article... I wish they had added more details about each company... more details about how they got started and what they had to overcome... this article almost makes it looks too simple and easy. No comments on the comments.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Yep, great article... I wish they had added more details about each company... more details about how they got started and what they had to overcome... this article almost makes it looks too simple and easy. No comments on the comments.

How A Former Talent Booker Launched ShowClix, Which Sold 400,000 Tickets In 40 Months – with Lynsie Camuso | Case Studies & Business Tips

There's an interview about one of them, Showclix. Granted it's with the other co-founder of it, but it does mention Josh Dziabiak in it. One interesting thing being that the web hosting company that sold for 1m didn't even start off as a web hosting company. Just happened that he noticed a lot of his customers ended up needing it in addition to his service..

ChrisRempel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Mar 1, 2011
Victoria BC
I wish they had added more details about each company... more details about how they got started and what they had to overcome...

I agree, but this is always the case when mass media portrays entrepreneurs.

It's all about the event. Never the process.

Hence the mass-scale misconception of what it actually takes to succeed, as so eloquently portrayed by 99% of the commenters.

Pretty much all of whom are consumers that, in one way or another, directly contribute to someone else's success story as they buy stuff, use credit cards, get insurance, etc.

It's amazing how they're all complaining about it. It's the consumers that MADE these young guys successful.

God, people are so blind.

-Chris

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
I like the autocricket story. I never really thought about lead generation with auto sales before.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Here's one of the hateful comments that I saw:

They always put these stupid @#$% "success at an early age" stories up. OH PLEASE! These kids have very kosher connections and come from extended families of wealth. They could have put a website up that sells flashlights and one of their elite friends would throw money at it. This isn't reality for people like you and I.

Aside from the anti-semitic comment, I've noticed that most people are only willing to give credit to self-made wealthy people if they have some sort of athletic or musical talent. Some poor kid goes to the NBA and becomes wealthy; "Oh, he's freakishly gifted athletically!". They won't hate on those people because they don't see themselves as possessing those traits.

But, self-made millionaires in business don't possess any sort of physical advantage, which means that pretty much anyone can do it as long as they put in the effort. That's what hurts these people; they don't want to try so they hate on those who succeed and attribute their success to having wealthy connections when that's clearly not the case for most of them.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Here's one of the hateful comments that I saw:

Aside from the anti-semitic comment, I've noticed that most people are only willing to give credit to self-made wealthy people if they have some sort of athletic or musical talent. Some poor kid goes to the NBA and becomes wealthy; "Oh, he's freakishly gifted athletically!". They won't hate on those people because they don't see themselves as possessing those traits.

But, self-made millionaires in business don't possess any sort of physical advantage, which means that pretty much anyone can do it as long as they put in the effort. That's what hurts these people; they don't want to try so they hate on those who succeed and attribute their success to having wealthy connections when that's clearly not the case for most of them.

I agree.
The people are jealous, these millionaires are no different than them[the posters] but they made millions young and never have to work again. The posters are probably at there job slacking knowing they will never have the. I think with todays world, anyone can be a millionaire if they put an effort into getting there. Obviously these kids did.

Haters are motivators.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

sharky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Mar 2, 2011
Philadelphia
I just ran across this same article on yahoo and was going to post it, but MJ you beat me to it! Funny, but I didn't see the guy on the list that made his money investing in mutual funds and clipping coupons...oh, that's right they don't exist!
As for the comments, well I think they just hammer home the fact that the overwhelming majority of people just don't get it.

TMac

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Mar 3, 2011
western suburbs of Chicago
I want to start a website and put up a random topics like " mom of 5 makes 10 million dollars selling widgets and donates her liver to stranger".

The trolls, negative nellies, anti capitalists will come out in droves to post all of their negativity. They will all feed off each other and visit my site and I can make millions from the traffic from all the posts and hits. Now that's fast lane!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.