The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Leave an Effective Voicemail?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

PiotrB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 21, 2022
Hey guys!

I'm cold calling brick & mortar business owners in the United States. In some cases, I need to leave a voicemail. A simple call-to-action like "call me back" will probably not work because I'm not able to pick up most of the time due to timezone differences and my personal schedule. One thing I've thought about is leaving my Whatsapp number and letting them message me but it seems like too much work for the prospect (is it?). Therefore, I'm wondering, what would be the most effective call-to-action in my case?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
This thread might be of interest to you. It's about leaving ringless voicemails.

I know, it's a little different from what you ask, but it goes into depth on how you can leave an effective message. Just imagine how concise you gotta be if you're using the same voicemail for 100+ people :)

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Hey guys!

I'm cold calling brick & mortar business owners in the United States. In some cases, I need to leave a voicemail. A simple call-to-action like "call me back" will probably not work because I'm not able to pick up most of the time due to timezone differences and my personal schedule. One thing I've thought about is leaving my Whatsapp number and letting them message me but it seems like too much work for the prospect (is it?). Therefore, I'm wondering, what would be the most effective call-to-action in my case?

Thanks!

What are you selling? There may be a much more effective way to sell it.

In our cold-calling practice, we wouldn't leave messages. We'd call 2 or 3 times without a message to try and catch them at different times of day (morning, mid-day, evening).

In the U.S. -- very few people use Whatsapp (many don't even know what it is... I know, crazy, right!?)

Maybe a call, e-mail, call sequence.

PiotrB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 21, 2022
What are you selling? There may be a much more effective way to sell it.

In our cold-calling practice, we wouldn't leave messages. We'd call 2 or 3 times without a message to try and catch them at different times of day (morning, mid-day, evening).

In the U.S. -- very few people use Whatsapp (many don't even know what it is... I know, crazy, right!?)

Maybe a call, e-mail, call sequence.
Thanks for the reply!

I'm selling B2B Software. Company size is usually between 10-100 employees. The goal of the call is to set a 25-minute demo on zoom with the business owner.

Besides that, very good point on the Whatsapp part. I was almost certain that it's widely popular in the United States :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Thanks for the reply!

I'm selling B2B Software. Company size is usually between 10-100 employees. The goal of the call is to set a 25-minute demo on zoom with the business owner.

I would highly recommend Sales navigator on Linkedin. You can find exactly who you're looking for and people actually respond to cold messages.

Besides that, very good point on the Whatsapp part. I was almost certain that it's widely popular in the United States :)

Yeah, you'd think so, right?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.