The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Get Up at 5 AM every day ?

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
How? You become Muslim.

Muslims have an obligatory prayer to be done before sunrise in like an hour.

So yes, changing your religion can be one way of doing so.

Or - sleep early, wakeup early.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jsueprez

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 10, 2019
Hey guys , I want to increase my discipline .

Just asking what is the best way for you to wake up at 5AM every day ?

Is it motivation your main thing that wake up you and what ?

I started to having this habit 8 months ago more or less..I used to wake up early everyday but not that early (5am).

Here is what I do:

1-. Go to bed at 10pm as late.
2.- Always organize my stuffs for the next day, at 5am my brain is still sleepy, so I just do thing I had planned to do.

Meaning:
-- Prepare my clothes for workout(I do cycling)
So, at 5am I just go the same place an wear my equipment, without having to think where are the stuffs( maillot, cullote, glasses, gloves, jackets, garmin, you see, lots of time if you do not organize).

-- Prepare the coffee (Placed the pan with water in the burner for heating, fill the cup with coffee)
Intermediately after wake up I turn on the burner and then go to the bath for brushing my teeth. When I finish, the water is already hot for preparing the coffee(Expresso). I don't like coffee machine.

3.- Workout first.
At 5am I need to do stuff which does not require to much thinking, my brain is still sleepy. Actually the workout wake up both my body and my brain. I not even think in what kind of workout I will do, because the night before I check it on the planing software.

4.- No Phone, no distraction.
I never take the phone at that time, so do not lose time checking anything. It is easy to get distracted at 5 am. I set the alarm in my watch.

5.- Never snooze
Every time I have snoozed the alarm, I have failed. Lesson learned.

I think more difficult than wake up at 5am is to go bed early, everybody is in a different situation, have kids, work at night, etc. In my case, I am very a lucky one because my girl supports and likes the idea of having this habit.

For me, realize that it is 7am, most of the people is waking up but I already have marked as done few of my daily tasks make my motivation and self-confident increase a lot.

P.D Just sharing with you, how I do. I strongly recommend you the book "The 5am club" by Robin Sharma.

Hey guys , I want to increase my discipline .

Just asking what is the best way for you to wake up at 5AM every day ?

Is it motivation your main thing that wake up you and what ?

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
I don't get it. Is this some kind of self-flagellation for the sake of it? How is getting up at 5am going to help you in any way? Just to start with, you are fighting your natural cycles in winter, where your inner animal is telling you that energy conservation is important for your survival and getting up at 5am is crazy.

Had you said you wanted to get up at 5am to work on your business before work, then it would have sounded okay. But for discipline? WTF.

As others said, the day has 24 hours. Just move your schedule around so you can make the most of them, being it at 4am, 8am, 12pm. Some people are more productive in the morning, some others in the evening or night. What time you do the work at doesn't matter as long as you do it, just make sure you block your most productive time and use it to get work done.

And don't cut on quality sleep. If you get up at 5am, go to bed a 9pm.

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
3 days of waking up at 5am. Super focused on the morning. No distractions at all.

The sleep calculator has been a game changer. The idea of completing sleep cycles taking precedence over hours of sleep has been enlightening.

I’ve experienced getting more hours of sleep, but waking up halfway during a sleep cycle; then needing an afternoon nap. Then I’ve experienced getting less hours of sleep but waking up after a full sleep cycle - didn’t need a nap.

knz

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Apr 6, 2020
Some prefer working longer in the evening, others prefer getting up earlier. It's good to know what you prefer. What also helps is to have a clear structure around bedtime and when waking up. Do the same things 1 hour before, and the 1st hour waking up. Also like others said: use 1 alarm, don't snooze.

I just make sure I always sleep 7 hours a night. I mostly sleep at 23:00, wake up at 6:00 and then go read stuff on this forum for a while before getting up. Love to get inspired in the morning and since my phone is my alarm, TMF is only a click away. It makes me not snooze, it makes me learn things and inspires me to start the day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.