The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • It's back! As an INSIDER you can now SORT any thread by LIKES. See this post for more info.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

How to get an invention idea produced?

miraman

Contributor
Jul 2, 2018
Let's say you had an idea like one of those reaching tools that help you reach and grab things low and high. How do you get a prototype or get the idea built/engineered so you can test the concept and have it manufactured? Do you try and build it yourself? Or is there a resource that can build the idea you have in your head? Hope this makes sense.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Arun Siva

aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
NORD-TRONDELAG
Just depends on your budget. If you have funds readily available then get a good markup print and finding a manufacture (i dont know what type of product it is you are attempting to manufacture and on what scale) and can go to town with prototyping and back and forth revampments; if you are strapped for cash on the onset, then it is best that you try and do the most you can by yourself (well documented what it is exactly you have in mind and what you want the final product outcome to be) and then try and revamp yourself by experimenting, reaching out to knowledgable people via specific forums. (Again this is all general advice for a generic product)

Feel free to PM me as I am a manufacturing and quality control professional consultant.

smark

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2017
Long Beach, California
With a few hundred (to a few thousand) dollars on the side - which btw should not be hard to get any way you can - you can find a product engineer on freelancing sites like Fiverr or Upwork and have them design it and make some 3D Models for you to make sure that your idea will work in real life.

Then, find an appropriate manufacturer to make it (3D printing can also work with "simple" non-electronic products).

Also, what @Late Bloomer said above. No need to replicate threads.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Apr 17, 2018
Thanks that is pretty much what I was looking for.
Please join in there if you like! It would be nice to have more than one design-seeker in there, to share experiences.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom