The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get a product that I have no knowledge in invented?

theguy22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 13, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Hi Fastlaners,

I've got an idea for a car-related product that I think can do really well, however, I have no knowledge in how to invent that product myself. What are the ways to go about this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

suvv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Dec 12, 2015
MJ said in his book that he had no money to purchase books to read about web design, so he spent his time at the library.
Given that you have internet access, there are a plethora of ways you could learn.

Do you have the drive?

EDIT: To add on to my post - is it machinery related - a modification to the internals? Is it something separate from the car that would be attached? Is it a little gadget or is it an entire electronic system?

theguy22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 13, 2021
London, United Kingdom
MJ said in his book that he had no money to purchase books to read about web design, so he spent his time at the library.
Given that you have internet access, there are a plethora of ways you could learn.

Do you have the drive?

It's not really coding related otherwise I would have learned

suvv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Dec 12, 2015
It's not really coding related otherwise I would have learned
...okay, so is it machinery related? is it attached/installed to the car interior/cabin? is it a gadget?
I get it if you don't want other people stealing your ideas... outside of that, we can't *teach* you how to make it.
You have to want to learn.

theguy22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 13, 2021
London, United Kingdom
...okay, so is it machinery related? is it attached/installed to the car interior/cabin? is it a gadget?
I get it if you don't want other people stealing your ideas... outside of that, we can't *teach* you how to make it.
You have to want to learn.
It's something that I'll literally have to spend 10-15 years learning if I wanted to have a decent shot at making it entirely myself. Hence I'd rather find someone to make it for me.

it's attached/installed to the car interior cabin, a gadget yes

suvv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Dec 12, 2015
It's something that I'll literally have to spend 10-15 years learning if I wanted to have a decent shot at making it entirely myself. Hence I'd rather find someone to make it for me
Cool. How much you paying? I'll do it.

Rearden

Inventor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Aug 24, 2017
Michigan
You can go the Licensing route or the venturing route. Once you decide which path is right for you then you can put together a game plan for execution.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
if you don't tell us:
99.9% you get nowhere and all you get is general advice
0% chance it gets stolen

if you tell us:
1% chance it gets stolen
70% chance you actually get started off in the right direction and your odds of success grow dramatically.

Never understood why people choose option 1 lol

edit: yes I do. Scarcity mentality

suvv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Dec 12, 2015
what can you make? Might want to hire you to build stuff in the near future lol. Do you have stuff like a CNC machine?
Honestly can't really make anything. I was expecting him to reply so that I could inquire about stake in the company, ask if I'll be starting out at salary or hourly, etc.

Not with the intent of being an a**hole, but rather showing him that the Fastlane is a more do-it-yourself approach. Not asking others how you will do it on top of having someone get it done for you. Sure, it worked for Steve Jobs, but only once his feet were off the ground.
However, I do know the basics of 3D modeling software - and if you're paying well, I can actually get a CNC machine for cheap as hell. DM me if you want to talk business, no promises.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.