The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find the next thing?

PJS

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 14, 2010
I've been doing CPA affiliate marketing for years. I've been struggling and living off savings for over a year now. It honestly feels like this model is as 'dead'. Traffic sources with low barriers to entry have really thin margins, and most running on google/facebook are cloaking, and those sources have made it much harder to maintain accounts.

People I know who have made millions are struggling right now, when I talk to others I can read between the lines and see they are not doing great. I guess I'm just looking for the next thing.

At this point, I'm pretty desperate for an income stream. My confidence is shot, I have a negative mindset, and really just want a win with some momentum that can lead to somewhere. I would really like to find something that I can use my online marketing skills in and not start over elsewhere from scratch. I've never been great at networking, and unfortunately everyone I talk to is in similar spot to me so.

How would you guys recommend going about finding something to focus on with good potential? With the rise of gurus it's hard to discern what's real and what isn't.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Marketing will be important in any case, but maybe you have the basics down with your online marketing skills?

You could look at Kevin Kelly's "The Inevitable". He talks about how cognifying physical tools will be an obvious thing for making money in the near future - like the internet was many years ago. There are 12 forces listed in that book that provide business opportunities.

But might there be another way to make affiliate marketing work - through Monogamy / Focus maybe? SmartPassiveIncome.com seems to be doing fine with Bluehost (though there have been no updates for a while). Currently I feel that - due to pricing confusion (books contain the same information, but people pay a lot more for multi-media info products) - Information Products are more promising than affiliate marketing.
I paid a lot of money for "Zero To Launch" (the Ramit Sethi course) ... so the concept worked on me, at least.
Your online marketing skills should be easily applicable to that business model.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.