The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Find A Competent Social Media Consultant?

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
Long story short, when Instagram introduced their new algorithms, they made it impossible for me to gain new customers through their platform.
Now that I’ve established new methods of attracting sales, I’d like to go back after the IG market.

Unlike a few years ago, I don’t have the time to research which hashtags to use, and what times to post.

I need help from a social media consultant.
The problem? Everyone and their mother claims to be a social media expert. Most of the people offering their services can’t give you what they need because they are just looking for easy money. They aren’t knowledgeable.

How do I go about finding someone who is right for the job?
Where should I look?
How much should I expect to pay?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Simple, do it yourself. Become ''an expert'' and then hire someone to do the work for you after you train them, after all, you are the expert. If you can't find the time, try sleeping less, that usually works!

Why can't you get more customers from Instagram, have you really thought about it? Maybe your content sucks and noone wants to watch it? That's a problem for you to solve, it has been a problem of mine, still is I guess.

The productacracy principle doesn't just apply to products, it also applies to your social media pages, do people want to look at your Instagram page? Why should they? And why shouldn't they just watch the funny video of a cat doing a backflip, or see what Kim Kardashian just posted? These are questions you need to ask yourself, as you've mentioned.. everyone is a self proclaimed expert, alot of broke wannabe's will enter this niche for quick and easy money looking to suck money out of peoples pockets.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Typically I'd put up a job on Upwork and have the applicants answer a few questions to qualify them.

Apart from that, there's always Clutch.co

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
Simple, do it yourself. Become ''an expert'' and then hire someone to do the work for you after you train them, after all, you are the expert. If you can't find the time, try sleeping less, that usually works!

Why can't you get more customers from Instagram, have you really thought about it? Maybe your content sucks and noone wants to watch it? That's a problem for you to solve, it has been a problem of mine, still is I guess.

The productacracy principle doesn't just apply to products, it also applies to your social media pages, do people want to look at your Instagram page? Why should they? And why shouldn't they just watch the funny video of a cat doing a backflip, or see what Kim Kardashian just posted? These are questions you need to ask yourself, as you've mentioned.. everyone is a self proclaimed expert, alot of broke wannabe's will enter this niche for quick and easy money looking to suck money out of peoples pockets.
In the back of my mind I know that I would do the best job, but I really need to focus my time on other aspects of the business. Primarily production. I may have to just put the whole thought on the backburner until the smoke clears (After July 4th).

As for why I can't get my customers through IG, its not due to content. Before the algorithms, I had a very popular page. So much so that people in my industry (supplements AND XXX) have taken my ideas. Alot of companies have taken notes from my IG page when building their marketing campaigns

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
In the back of my mind I know that I would do the best job, but I really need to focus my time on other aspects of the business. Primarily production. I may have to just put the whole thought on the backburner until the smoke clears (After July 4th).

As for why I can't get my customers through IG, its not due to content. Before the algorithms, I had a very popular page. So much so that people in my industry (supplements AND XXX) have taken my ideas. Alot of companies have taken notes from my IG page when building their marketing campaigns

So why not hire and train someone to do the social media aspect? That would probably be your best bet.

Show them the type of content/posts to make and let them run off with it, empower them and let them run the show.

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
So why not hire and train someone to do the social media aspect? That would probably be your best bet.

Show them the type of content/posts to make and let them run off with it, empower them and let them run the show.
I’m not opposed to it. But that brings about a whole new set of issues. Finding the right person, how much to pay them, giving them access to my social media.
But it’s probably the best course of action

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Instagram has pretty much throttled organic reach. Unless you're a celebrity or have famous friends, or you're running those viral repost pages (and even those are tough nowadays), I wouldn't spend too much effort on IG. Good to have a presence there, but not to spend too much $$$ there.

On FB, there's many IG growth groups. I was in a few of those. These used to be pretty good but the fact that they've gotten inactive and feels dead compared to 2017 - 2019 period shows that the golden age of IG is already over. If your product caters to a young crowd, you might as well try your hand at TikTok if you've the $ and the ability to create funny videos.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
In the back of my mind I know that I would do the best job, but I really need to focus my time on other aspects of the business. Primarily production.
Your time is better spent on production than sales/marketing? That seems unlikely

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
Your time is better spent on production than sales/marketing? That seems unlikely
In regard to getting ready for July 4th, it definitely does
I lost a few employees and my inventory levels are dangerously low
The July 4th sale is going to bring in a few thousand dollars in sales

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.