The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do Startups Create Unique Social Media Content?

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
This is something I never really understood.

I see big brands that do #examplebusiness to be featured on our instagram account! Lets take an example of accessories brand. The customers do all the work of taking the best and unique shots of them wearing the brand and #examplebusiness. The consumer gets to get their little shot of fame /glory and the business gets free content and in turn it strengthens the bond between consumer and business.

Another way, to get content creation is if you have affiliates and you can rehash their pictures. Their pictures should be of good quality, since they are trying to get their commissions.

But, these two methodologies seem to work if you have momentum and after you get the momentum you can grow exponentially.

Customers will start to see their friends wearing it which in turns create social proof for the brand. The customer becomes infatuated with brand hence going through great lengths to get featured on the business instagram.

At first, nobody wants to be an affiliate of a no name business. When you have a following, there is a change of power now. No longer, do you have to ask anyone to be an affiliate. They ask you to become an affiliate. You move up the ladder of choosing affiliates, before you were only asking people to be affiliates that had only 100k following, now you can easily ask someone with a 1M following.

So, back to my question,

If I am a startup brand with absolutely zero customers and following:

How do I get someone to be an affiliate of a no name company?

How do i produce high quality social media content that isn't just reposts of other people's content? When I say high quality content, I am taking about difficult to reproduce and/or unique content. The see these accessories brands have their products in front of lamborghinis, ferraris, famous landmarks, beaches, rainforests. How does a startup get these photos without customers, affiliates, while it being cost effective? The DIY method very inefficient from my experience. I have tried to produce my own content and it not only does it take a significant amount of time, but the photos are subpar in comparison. This takes away time from the internal business workings.

It seems the hardest part if to get the all rolling in branding and social proof, but everything falls into place once it is rolling. How do I get the ball rolling?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I'd start by reaching out to influencers, see how much they charge? Maybe even some within the 10k-50k followers range in your niche would do it just for your product (that would be best, your costs would be manufacturing costs + shipping) and from there you have your first set of followers and content.

Once your following starts to build and your brand becomes more recognised, people will slowly start creating content for you, rinse and repeat, grow exponentially.

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
First learn to take higher quality photos. You don't need wild exotic cars with your product or super models. Just start with some clean photos of your product with a clean background. If your product is something that's visually appealing you can create your own neat backgrounds or take your product to local areas that are "hip, cool, or have outdoors beauty". Your don't have to be an expert photographer to have neat photos. Just make sure lighting is okay and the photos are clear.

Start small, be consistent, and grow accordingly. Building anything new will take time. Make sure to engage anyone who contacts, posts, reposts your content.

You might look into followliker as well. People with little to know content use it to build customer bases then they start selling to that base.

Rickchise23

@clickpickRick
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
503%
Mar 25, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
I'd start by reaching out to influencers, see how much they charge? Maybe even some within the 10k-50k followers range in your niche would do it just for your product (that would be best, your costs would be manufacturing costs + shipping) and from there you have your first set of followers and content.

Once your following starts to build and your brand becomes more recognised, people will slowly start creating content for you, rinse and repeat, grow exponentially.
Exactly what I was going to advise. I ran an ecommerce company for a few years in 2013-2015 and we built our entire business on Instagram with no paid advertising. We would do giveaways and also send free products to influencers in our niche and in return request photos promo videos.

When you start to get sales, run campaigns that reward users who provide content with a discount code. All these campaigns can be run through Shopify apps. Giveaways always worked great. Spend some time in your city find some pretty people and give away some free shit in exchange for shooting a crap load of photos with your products. There are a lot of ways to do this you gotta get out there and just promote the crap out of it. Worry about getting real affiliates later once you have sales for now just get good content you can build off and build your following through content and giveaways so you can appear legit when it is time to bring on affiliates.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jeanne Gray

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 21, 2017
Westfield
How do I get someone to be an affiliate of a no name company?

How do i produce high quality social media content that isn't just reposts of other people's content? When I say high quality content, I am taking about difficult to reproduce and/or unique content. The see these accessories brands have their products in front of lamborghinis, ferraris, famous landmarks, beaches, rainforests. How does a startup get these photos without customers, affiliates, while it being cost effective? The DIY method very inefficient from my experience. I have tried to produce my own content and it not only does it take a significant amount of time, but the photos are subpar in comparison. This takes away time from the internal business workings.

It seems the hardest part if to get the all rolling in branding and social proof, but everything falls into place once it is rolling. How do I get the ball rolling?
The best thing you can do is to build an online community to get exposure and to promote brand awareness. Focus more on listening to your followers and get feedbacks. For a new business startups you should not worry about all social media platforms, emphasis more on one which best fits your brand and your customers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.