The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to fill in the rest of my time?

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
So while now I am not attending any sort of college/university, and I am working on some stuff now and working part time. I have always had a shit ton of free time, which I try to be productive but I know there are a lot of skills needed in business, and its probably preferable if I master one. If I don't do back to college/university I will need to get a full time job which is no problem but I had a question instead of doing just a random job to fill in the hours should I get a job doing sales? In business you need to learn to sell, but I definitely know sales isn't for me I hate fake smiling with customers and I'm not too interested in trying to sell them something (that could be just because its not a product I've made but not sure). Then why do it, you may ask? Well I understand in business or a lot of stuff in life in general you will have to do things you don't like, and I can easily change my attitude about sales and adopt to it but do you guys think this is a good idea? People advise me to do college whatever as a "backup plan" and it does make sense, but I am willing to take my chances. I remember this thread MJ posted on that he isn't a fan of this backup idea.

Discussion on the value of college degrees, even in business.

I guess because of the debt, but maybe here in Australia its different to America? Here in Australia you don't have to pay the debt until you earn at least 50k or get a job in that field from what I know, and I don't think it will really impact you because they aren't taking huge chunks of money at a time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
the answer should be obvious . your time should be employed for your main goal.

what you are saying is that you don't know where you want to go in life.

don't worry, a lot of entrepreneurs are like you while successful.

i mean, they are rich but they still keep working . they don't understand that working is a means to an end : freedom, wealth and so on

working is not an end in itself. it should free you for then doing the important things in life, your mission

most business gurus work until they die while they are already rich

, they are not human but machines doing business for a lifetime. this is insane

if i won the lottery tonight, then i would need at least 100 more years ( i am 41 ) to do what i have to do in life with me free time

my specific mission which explains why i am on earth

your life is a specific mission which only you can do, not a work-sleep- shit cycle for 80 years

most people don't understant that

Last edited:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
we are talking about this kind of thinking :

emerson.jpg

Here is my definition of a human:

someone who can answer the question " why the hell are you on earth ? "

95 % of people could say : " i don't know, i am just a pawn in a game anyway "

5 % of people will answer: " i am here to honor human intelligence . i have a mission . i am the master of the game, not a pawn "

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
the answer should be obvious . your time should be employed for your main goal.

what you are saying is that you don't know where you want to go in life.

don't worry, a lot of entrepreneurs are like you while successful.

i mean, they are rich but they still keep working . they don't understand that working is a means to an end : freedom, wealth and so on

working is not an end in itself. it should free you for then doing the important things in life, your mission

most business gurus work until they die while they are already rich

, they are not human but machines doing business for a lifetime. this is insane

if i won the lottery tonight, then i would need at least 100 more years ( i am 41 ) to do what i have to do in life with me free time

my specific mission which explains why i am on earth

your life is a specific mission which only you can do, not a work-sleep- shit cycle for 80 years

most people don't understant that
Ah ok thanks for the advice much appreciated. You said "your time should be employed for your main goal.", that makes sense but I am still working part time and probably would need to fill it with something.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.