The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to decide on your pricing/positioning?

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
You have a bunch of content you want to monetize.

How are you determining pricing for that product and if you should charge a recurring or one-time fee?

1) Put it all in a membership site and charge a monthly recurring fee

2) Offer a myriad of different products ala carte on your website

3) Offer a core product with one time upsells on the way to checkout

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Concept

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Dec 12, 2014
Do you already have a content site? Or this theoretical?

Firstly, what you should NOT do is promote crap products or services that could damage your overall brand - particularly if you are planning to build a significantly large site.

Ideas you could do for a content site:
  • Advertising - Either Cost Per Click, Cost Per X-amount of Impressions. Make sure the advertisement is relevant to your content.
  • Affiliate Marketing - Cost Per Aquisition.
  • Lead Generation - Eg if you have a physical security website, you could have a number that transfers people to their local security expert. For every lead you send to security companies, they pay you X amount of $
  • Customer Mining - eg rent out email list to complimentary company,
  • Advertorials - people pay you to host an article on your site.
  • Create a product either physical or a service.
I don't have much experience with membership sites so I can't comment.

Get to know your target market, and find out what would benefit them the most. What do they want that you would provide and make money from. Try, test, and refine.

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
Do you already have a content site? Or this theoretical?

Firstly, what you should NOT do is promote crap products or services that could damage your overall brand - particularly if you are planning to build a significantly large site.

Ideas you could do for a content site:
  • Advertising - Either Cost Per Click, Cost Per X-amount of Impressions. Make sure the advertisement is relevant to your content.
  • Affiliate Marketing - Cost Per Aquisition.
  • Lead Generation - Eg if you have a physical security website, you could have a number that transfers people to their local security expert. For every lead you send to security companies, they pay you X amount of $
  • Customer Mining - eg rent out email list to complimentary company,
  • Advertorials - people pay you to host an article on your site.
  • Create a product either physical or a service.
I don't have much experience with membership sites so I can't comment.

Get to know your target market, and find out what would benefit them the most. What do they want that you would provide and make money from. Try, test, and refine.

Have TONS of specifically targeted content that fixes a pain point, exactly what my audience wants.

How do you figure out how to position it in terms of maximum profit... recurring subscription to access the materials vs one off products with adding larger back end of content to upsell?

How are you determining price point...

Can't figure out who I can pay to even answer those questions

G

GuestUser450

You have a bunch of content you want to monetize. How are you determining pricing for that product and if you should charge a recurring or one-time fee?
1) Put it all in a membership site and charge a monthly recurring fee
2) Offer a myriad of different products ala carte on your website
3) Offer a core product with one time upsells on the way to checkout

All 3, maybe more...

Questions to ask:
Who's your ideal customer? How sensitive are they to price/how adept are they at understanding value?

What's the cost of comparable content? What seems too cheap to be good and too expensive for your customers? Knowing that at least gives you a range.

What competing products do your customers buy? Competitors can be ignored except for determining your position relative to them.

How is the value of their products communicated/delivered?
Value is completely subjective.

Are your customers desperate for the information or is it just a nice-to-have? Focus only on the customers who will get the most from the information.

What's the ideal, shut-up-and-take-my-money story? How do you tell that story?

What's the highest price that makes you feel borderline uncomfortable?

Aim high. I assumed my customers would love "free". Turns out, many are wary of free/underpriced anything. It's not that they want to burn money, it's that they want a certain amount of money worth of value.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.