I've practiced martial arts for a long time. More specifically, Tae Kwon Do.
But today while I was at a beach in San Clemente, CA, I walked across a UFC dojo and saw a guy practicing Muay Thai. Muay Thai is a contact sport from Thailand.
Anyway, these guys are doing it regularly until their shins turn red from repeated hits.
With practice, a Muay Thai fighter can increase his pain tolerance and develop strong legs.
It’s because of “micro fractures” coming from constant punishments their shins are getting.
I guarantee, these guys shed some manly tears too when they were starting out.
But you know what? They just keep doing it. Until their body become a living, breathing weapon.
They just keep doing it.
I admit, when I first started this entrepreneurial journey over 10 years ago, I thought it was going to be a walk in the park because I thought I was always pretty good at making money.
Little did I know about the headaches it brings. Troubles with business partners. Account getting banned. Being in credit card debts to the neck trying to "hang in there", PayPal getting shut down because too much money got deposited at once. Copyright issues. Freelancers not showing up. Disappointments after months of preparation, etc. etc.
And just like a normal guy, there were times I thought about quitting.
But then I read a quote from Jim Straw.
He’s a millionaire business owner with over 700,000 customers worldwide and over $500,000,000 worth of products sold by mail.
He said: “I learned that nothing is as fast or easy as it should be. It only gets easier and faster when you know how to really do it. And learning how to do it means doing it over and over...until you find out how it works."
Of course, if you give up after the first (second, third, or fourth) try, you'll never get better.
If you want to get good at something...keep doing it. That’s it.
I believe if we want to get good something, we must keep doing it...regularly.
Don’t quit at the first sign of trouble.
Don't quit when odds are stacked against you.
Don’t quit when everything goes belly up.
The more you do it. The better you become.
Everybody is practicing their "kicks" today. You're not alone. Keep on practicing until you, become a living, breathing weapon. A total badass entrepeneur.
But today while I was at a beach in San Clemente, CA, I walked across a UFC dojo and saw a guy practicing Muay Thai. Muay Thai is a contact sport from Thailand.
Anyway, these guys are doing it regularly until their shins turn red from repeated hits.
With practice, a Muay Thai fighter can increase his pain tolerance and develop strong legs.
It’s because of “micro fractures” coming from constant punishments their shins are getting.
I guarantee, these guys shed some manly tears too when they were starting out.
But you know what? They just keep doing it. Until their body become a living, breathing weapon.
They just keep doing it.
I admit, when I first started this entrepreneurial journey over 10 years ago, I thought it was going to be a walk in the park because I thought I was always pretty good at making money.
Little did I know about the headaches it brings. Troubles with business partners. Account getting banned. Being in credit card debts to the neck trying to "hang in there", PayPal getting shut down because too much money got deposited at once. Copyright issues. Freelancers not showing up. Disappointments after months of preparation, etc. etc.
And just like a normal guy, there were times I thought about quitting.
But then I read a quote from Jim Straw.
He’s a millionaire business owner with over 700,000 customers worldwide and over $500,000,000 worth of products sold by mail.
He said: “I learned that nothing is as fast or easy as it should be. It only gets easier and faster when you know how to really do it. And learning how to do it means doing it over and over...until you find out how it works."
Of course, if you give up after the first (second, third, or fourth) try, you'll never get better.
If you want to get good at something...keep doing it. That’s it.
I believe if we want to get good something, we must keep doing it...regularly.
Don’t quit at the first sign of trouble.
Don't quit when odds are stacked against you.
Don’t quit when everything goes belly up.
The more you do it. The better you become.
Everybody is practicing their "kicks" today. You're not alone. Keep on practicing until you, become a living, breathing weapon. A total badass entrepeneur.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
