What's new

How The Millionaire Fastlane Reminded Me Of The Importance Of Freedom

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

RomeoMe

New Contributor
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jul 11, 2022
Messages
31
Rep Bank
$320
User Power: 87%
First, I must say that I feel great being here, if any of this reads out as cringy I'm sorry, in these last few days I have been just so happy that i can't contain myself sometimes.

A few months ago I was in an awful place, I was about to turn 18 and had nothing to show for my teenage years, almost no real life friends, no girlfriend, no accomplished goals(I had promised myself to publish at least one game on steam before I turned 18 during the pandemic), I had sat down and rotted away consuming grand strategy video games and anime for 4 years, while pretending to learn finance, I was not even having fun mind you, and I knew that. So I thought, this is it, the "perpetual free time" stage of my life is over, now it's time to get into college for a computer science degree (even though you never wanted to be a programmer it's the only thing you know you are good at) work your a$$ off in whatever specialized job you can find, and pray your dumb brain who hasn't managed to release anything in the past 4 years full time will manage to do it with just weekends and your lunchtime.

Don't get me wrong, it was bad, but not bad enough for me to get out of my a$$ and do something, and it all came crashing down a few months after the mandated vaccinations(I'm not going to get into merits and conspiracies here, I will only mention this topic within the scope of how it got me chasing after the Fastlane), After some "research" (if you can call it that) I was terrified: heart palpitations, unusual sickness, and everyone I knew dismissing it as the climate, or as a consequence of the lockdowns, I had committed an irreversible mistake (at least in my mind), if just I had resisted hard enough, if I had just trusted my intuition and gut feeling and not taken experimental drugs because of peer pressure, I wasn't suffering any unusual symptoms myself but just the thought of not knowing if something was going to happen to my until that point decent health, broke me in a way in which I had never felt before, the feeling of not knowing what will happen, and of having no control over it, that destroyed my head from inside out, I couldn't focus in class, I couldn't work on anything, even gaming made me think about it constantly, and how everyone else seemed happy to be in their situation. 3 Addiction relapses and a lot of Stoicism later, I decided that I wouldn't be like that anymore, and just like that I started my journey into "Must read!" and "Life Changing!" books, such as "How to win friends and influence people", "The Richest Man in Babylon", "Exactly what to say", and yes..... "Rich dad Poor dad", funnily enough that's not how I got into DeMarco's works.


Fast-forward a bit and the YouTube algorithm starts recommending me videos about self-improvement, and even though they were kinda cringy they did have a point and some even helped me a lot, and it was in one of them that I got recommended the Millionaire Fastlane and I read it, from there my entire sense of self got revived, and I must say I had never felt so happy and relieved in years, deep inside I already knew what I wanted to do with my life, and slaving away at a job 5 days a week wasn't one of them, the book confirmed lots things I had already read about before, but also introduced me to concepts which I had never thought about, and most importantly, it made me realize that becoming independent, both financially and time wise was not only possible, but required, and for that I'm forever grateful to MJ DeMarco, I was stuck in a perpetual cycle of consuming and feeling sad about myself, I had forgotten what being "free" actually meant and that it was even an option, but this book, along with many others, made me realize how alienated and complacent I was.



And just in time too! I turned 18 in the same day I finished the book, I already started hoarding as much money as I can (i'm at about 200 dollars now but for my country costs it's feels more like 600) to quick start my business, I have been looking into possible opportunities that follow CENTS (Got a lot of useful info from this forum, thank you all for making big and sharing your wisdom and experiences, that changes lives), I'm still unsure which field I will end up pursuing, for now i'm developing an app which follows all the commandments except for entry, so I don't expect it to last long enough to be even close to fastlane, but hey, it's a way to hoard more money and make the main goal easier.





Thank you for reading my text wall, and I wish you all a good night!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni ecuesf, jeqqz vu jies zua huv wemai gsun nz xsovoph. Zua'si qmipvz zuaph vu tvesv fuoph coh vjopht!
 
Gostv, O natv tez vjev O giim hsiev cioph jisi, og epz ug vjot sieft uav et dsophz O'n tussz, op vjiti metv gix fezt O jewi ciip katv tu jeqqz vjev o dep'v dupveop nztimg tunivonit.

E gix nupvjt ehu O xet op ep exgam qmedi, O xet ecuav vu vasp 18 epf jef puvjoph vu tjux gus nz viipehi ziest, emnutv pu siem mogi gsoipft, pu hosmgsoipf, pu eddunqmotjif huemt(O jef qsunotif nztimg vu qacmotj ev mietv upi heni up tvien cigusi O vaspif 18 fasoph vji qepfinod), O jef tev fuxp epf suvvif exez duptanoph hsepf tvsevihz wofiu henit epf eponi gus 4 ziest, xjomi qsivipfoph vu miesp gopepdi, O xet puv iwip jewoph gap nopf zua, epf O lpix vjev. Tu O vjuahjv, vjot ot ov, vji "qisqivaem gsii voni" tvehi ug nz mogi ot uwis, pux ov't voni vu hiv opvu dummihi gus e dunqavis tdoipdi fihsii (iwip vjuahj zua piwis xepvif vu ci e qsuhsennis ov't vji upmz vjoph zua lpux zua esi huuf ev) xusl zuas e$$ ugg op xjeviwis tqidoemobif kuc zua dep gopf, epf qsez zuas fanc cseop xju jetp'v nepehif vu simieti epzvjoph op vji qetv 4 ziest gamm voni xomm nepehi vu fu ov xovj katv xiilipft epf zuas mapdjvoni.

Fup'v hiv ni xsuph, ov xet cef, cav puv cef ipuahj gus ni vu hiv uav ug nz e$$ epf fu tunivjoph, epf ov emm deni dsetjoph fuxp e gix nupvjt egvis vji nepfevif weddopevoupt(O'n puv huoph vu hiv opvu nisovt epf duptqosedoit jisi, O xomm upmz nipvoup vjot vuqod xovjop vji tduqi ug jux ov huv ni djetoph egvis vji Getvmepi), Egvis tuni "sitiesdj" (og zua dep demm ov vjev) O xet vissogoif: jiesv qemqovevoupt, apataem todlpitt, epf iwiszupi O lpix fotnottoph ov et vji dmonevi, us et e duptiraipdi ug vji mudlfuxpt, O jef dunnovvif ep ossiwistocmi notveli (ev mietv op nz nopf), og katv O jef sitotvif jesf ipuahj, og O jef katv vsatvif nz opvaovoup epf hav giimoph epf puv velip iyqisonipvem fsaht cideati ug qiis qsittasi, O xetp'v taggisoph epz apataem tznqvunt nztimg cav katv vji vjuahjv ug puv lpuxoph og tunivjoph xet huoph vu jeqqip vu nz apvom vjev quopv fidipv jiemvj, csuli ni op e xez op xjodj O jef piwis gimv cigusi, vji giimoph ug puv lpuxoph xjev xomm jeqqip, epf ug jewoph pu dupvsum uwis ov, vjev fitvsuzif nz jief gsun optofi uav, O duamfp'v gudat op dmett, O duamfp'v xusl up epzvjoph, iwip henoph nefi ni vjopl ecuav ov duptvepvmz, epf jux iwiszupi imti tiinif jeqqz vu ci op vjios tovaevoup. 3 Effodvoup simeqtit epf e muv ug Tvuodotn mevis, O fidofif vjev O xuamfp'v ci moli vjev epznusi, epf katv moli vjev O tvesvif nz kuaspiz opvu "Natv sief!" epf "Mogi Djephoph!" cuult, tadj et "Jux vu xop gsoipft epf opgmaipdi qiuqmi", "Vji Sodjitv Nep op Ceczmup", "Iyedvmz xjev vu tez", epf zit..... "Sodj fef Quus fef", gappomz ipuahj vjev't puv jux O huv opvu FiNesdu't xuslt.


Getv-gusxesf e cov epf vji ZuaVaci emhusovjn tvesvt sidunnipfoph ni wofiut ecuav timg-onqsuwinipv, epf iwip vjuahj vjiz xisi lopfe dsophz vjiz fof jewi e quopv epf tuni iwip jimqif ni e muv, epf ov xet op upi ug vjin vjev O huv sidunnipfif vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi epf O sief ov, gsun vjisi nz ipvosi tipti ug timg huv siwowif, epf O natv tez O jef piwis gimv tu jeqqz epf simoiwif op ziest, fiiq optofi O emsiefz lpix xjev O xepvif vu fu xovj nz mogi, epf tmewoph exez ev e kuc 5 fezt e xiil xetp'v upi ug vjin, vji cuul dupgosnif muvt vjopht O jef emsiefz sief ecuav cigusi, cav emtu opvsufadif ni vu dupdiqvt xjodj O jef piwis vjuahjv ecuav, epf nutv onqusvepvmz, ov nefi ni siemobi vjev cidunoph opfiqipfipv, cuvj gopepdoemmz epf voni xoti xet puv upmz quttocmi, cav siraosif, epf gus vjev O'n gusiwis hsevigam vu NK FiNesdu, O xet tvadl op e qisqivaem dzdmi ug duptanoph epf giimoph tef ecuav nztimg, O jef gushuvvip xjev cioph "gsii" edvaemmz niepv epf vjev ov xet iwip ep uqvoup, cav vjot cuul, emuph xovj nepz uvjist, nefi ni siemobi jux emoipevif epf dunqmedipv O xet.



Epf katv op voni vuu! O vaspif 18 op vji teni fez O gopotjif vji cuul, O emsiefz tvesvif juesfoph et nadj nupiz et O dep (o'n ev ecuav 200 fummest pux cav gus nz duapvsz dutvt ov't giimt nusi moli 600) vu raodl tvesv nz catopitt, O jewi ciip muuloph opvu quttocmi uqqusvapovoit vjev gummux DIPVT (Huv e muv ug atigam opgu gsun vjot gusan, vjepl zua emm gus neloph coh epf tjesoph zuas xotfun epf iyqisoipdit, vjev djephit mowit), O'n tvomm aptasi xjodj goimf O xomm ipf aq qastaoph, gus pux o'n fiwimuqoph ep eqq xjodj gummuxt emm vji dunnepfnipvt iydiqv gus ipvsz, tu O fup'v iyqidv ov vu metv muph ipuahj vu ci iwip dmuti vu getvmepi, cav jiz, ov't e xez vu juesf nusi nupiz epf neli vji neop huem ietois.





Vjepl zua gus siefoph nz viyv xemm, epf O xotj zua emm e huuf pohjv!
Ximduni!
VNG epf Sodj Fef Quus Fef esi cuvj hsiev, izi uqipoph cuult
Hsiev vu jies vjev zua'si tvesvoph zuas uxp wipvasit - dsievoph henit epf eqqt duamf ci raovi vji djemmiphi cav ov disveopmz qezt ugg op vji muph sap!
Xotjoph zua tadditt!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom