The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Should I Plan To Get CBUMs Physique? + several questions for you!!!

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Maybe Joe was a bad example, perhaps I should have used Rich Pianna, or the guy (whose name I forget) who can't even walk without crutches.

There is no such thing as safe usage by the way, that is a myth that I think if Joe were alive today, he'd help dispel.

Here's a list of 28 bodybuilders who passed away between 2017 and 2020, I'm sure they all felt they were being safe.

There is a massive spectrum of anabolic dosages and polypharmacy.

For example with Rich, he was on opiates and amphetamines as well as ridiculous compounds and dosages.

The other example I believe you are referring to is Ronnie Coleman (8 Mr Olympias and decades of drug abuse and destroying his body with training).

As an alternate example, take a look at Jay Cutler, same era, same drug abuse, but did it smart and looked after his body, totally different outcomes.

RE: safe use
A 50-year-old guy taking 150mg/wk TRT will often be 'healthier' than his natural counterpart with 300ng/dl test levels.

Guys on stage, or even at your local gym can use 1000-5000mg/wk of anabolics (the health risk is exponential but the gains are not). These guys are making a terrible tradeoff imo.

Then you have the lower middle ground of 150-250mg/wk, using bioidentical hormones, not much is going to go wrong but mainstream lumps this group in with anabolic abuse.

Drinking semi-regularly would put you at a larger health risk...

It's a completely different ballgame all along the spectrum of dose and drugs but the warnings get lumped into one.

All in all its a complex topic, ha. It ranges from little to no risk to extreme risk depending on compounds and dosages.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
Damn dude is jackdd with gigantic lats . Been doin classic japanese martial arts, bujutsu for probably 6 years now. Been working out for a decade plus, but I was in the felonius camp of if I work out then I can eat whatever I want lol. Started maximizing my results after implementing the proper diet lol. Keep up the hardwork and I hope you get your CBUM bod. Do you do any martial arts?
I don't do martial arts. But was super keen in it, but you probably know the deal in western countries it's more cardio than understanding the true art; it's old, fat uncles tryna make some money on the weekends basically.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
Glad you're starting to understand.

The next step is to clarify what you mean by being the "best you" without the use of a picture.

What does being the "best you" look like to you? Describe it in words, not images.

Is it a certain bodyfat percentage? Certain weight? Certain level of strength? Do you just want to have abs? Are you trying to impress girls?

Be clear in what your goal is here. Don't send me an image.

Define your goal in words and maybe I can give you a sense of direction.
Best Me:
  • low fat - as I hate the rigid side and belly fat I have - especially the fat I used to have around the face
  • great amount of muscle around shoulders, arms, legs, calves, chest, forearms, abs - pretty much everywhere + neck muscle for sure - to appear big + to increase strength
  • great stamina - hence I've been swimming at least twice a week
  • no more breakouts on skin + best skin condition - I know I am in the teen part, so it's expected to have breakouts - but you know what I mean + with both swimming sessions I go in the steam room for a total of 30mins per day (10 mins in, then 3 mins break X 3) - I don't go in the sauna room as much - but should I? Apparently steam room is more better.
  • lol, defo not to impress girls. I want to have great strength.
  • actually look good in clothes - for myself so I wake up to something I'm proud of.
  • I'm not too sure of a certain weight - but overall - low fat, big muscles, great strength, great stamina, best skin, look good

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Best Me:
  • low fat - as I hate the rigid side and belly fat I have - especially the fat I used to have around the face
  • great amount of muscle around shoulders, arms, legs, calves, chest, forearms, abs - pretty much everywhere + neck muscle for sure - to appear big + to increase strength
  • great stamina - hence I've been swimming at least twice a week
  • no more breakouts on skin + best skin condition - I know I am in the teen part, so it's expected to have breakouts - but you know what I mean + with both swimming sessions I go in the steam room for a total of 30mins per day (10 mins in, then 3 mins break X 3) - I don't go in the sauna room as much - but should I? Apparently steam room is more better.
  • lol, defo not to impress girls. I want to have great strength.
  • actually look good in clothes - for myself so I wake up to something I'm proud of.
  • I'm not too sure of a certain weight - but overall - low fat, big muscles, great strength, great stamina, best skin, look good

That's perfect. Now we actually have tangible goals for you.

Let's start with your diet and workout routine. I'll try to make this process easy for you.

What are you presently eating on a daily/weekly basis?

And...

What are you presently doing for weight-training/cardio?

And most importantly...

How willing are you to make changes to your lifestyle to achieve this "best" version of you?

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
That's perfect. Now we actually have tangible goals for you.

Let's start with your diet and workout routine. I'll try to make this process easy for you.

And...

And most importantly...

How willing are you to make changes to your lifestyle to achieve this "best" version of you?
Awesome.

• protein shakes - 5 times a week - after workouts only
  • Magnesium (375mg - 1 tablet) and potassium (396mg - split into 4 tablets) per day after meals
  • mostly eat home food - so Pakistani dishes - so a lot of meats - but we do have lentils at least once per week with meat
  • Meats - only chicken and lamb - nothing else
  • Vegetables - salad before eating - for fibre so my blood glucose doesn't drop rapidly - really does avoid tiredness - so fibre first
  • No junk food - after learning about all the processed foods and all the rapeseed oil - totally hate it now
  • lots of nuts - MOSTLY almonds & cashews
  • have honey like 3-5 times a week
  • fruits - mostly bananas
  • Before this, I was pretty much doing the similar routine, but this gives structure and is more harder indeed 0 GYM routine - 5 times a week (each session lasts for an hour)- currently doing KONG: savage size in 12 weeks by Alex Bromley (click to open programme link) or copy/paste this --> KONG: Savage Size in 12 Weeks | Workout Programs | Boostcamp App | 12-week-hypertrophy
    • Mon, Wed, Thur, Sat, Sun - I start the shown workout on Saturday being day 1
    • NEW STARTED 2 WEEKS AGO NOW --- Sat + Sun = Day 1 + Day 2. After Day 1 + Day 2 (then rest, with protein shake for 40mins) I do swimming (30mins) then steam room (30mins)
  • Cardio - swimming for 60mins per week - but I cycle towards gym which is roughly 12mins (120mins cycle) = 180mins cycling per week - 3hrs per week
Super willing to. But, as this is a long-term thing, in fact a life-long thing I want it to be sustainable. Of course I don't mean super slow, as our muscle growth decreases after 28yrs of age I believe.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Awesome.

• protein shakes - 5 times a week - after workouts only
  • Magnesium (375mg - 1 tablet) and potassium (396mg - split into 4 tablets) per day after meals
  • mostly eat home food - so Pakistani dishes - so a lot of meats - but we do have lentils at least once per week with meat
  • Meats - only chicken and lamb - nothing else
  • Vegetables - salad before eating - for fibre so my blood glucose doesn't drop rapidly - really does avoid tiredness - so fibre first
  • No junk food - after learning about all the processed foods and all the rapeseed oil - totally hate it now
  • lots of nuts - MOSTLY almonds & cashews
  • have honey like 3-5 times a week
  • fruits - mostly bananas
  • Before this, I was pretty much doing the similar routine, but this gives structure and is more harder indeed 0 GYM routine - 5 times a week (each session lasts for an hour)- currently doing KONG: savage size in 12 weeks by Alex Bromley (click to open programme link) or copy/paste this --> KONG: Savage Size in 12 Weeks | Workout Programs | Boostcamp App | 12-week-hypertrophy
    • Mon, Wed, Thur, Sat, Sun - I start the shown workout on Saturday being day 1
    • NEW STARTED 2 WEEKS AGO NOW --- Sat + Sun = Day 1 + Day 2. After Day 1 + Day 2 (then rest, with protein shake for 40mins) I do swimming (30mins) then steam room (30mins)
  • Cardio - swimming for 60mins per week - but I cycle towards gym which is roughly 12mins (120mins cycle) = 180mins cycling per week - 3hrs per week
Super willing to. But, as this is a long-term thing, in fact a life-long thing I want it to be sustainable. Of course I don't mean super slow, as our muscle growth decreases after 28yrs of age I believe.

If those truly are the only foods you eat from, then you're off to a good start.

Since you said you're super willing to make a change but want it to be sustainable I'm going to make a guess that your willingness is around a 7 or 8 out of 10, with 10 being absolutely willing to do anything.

I don't have pictures of your present build, and they completely would influence my input on how you should go about anything with regards to this, but based on your height and weight and assumed bodyfat level, I'm gonna make the inference that you're overweight.

So my first suggestion is for you to cut.

----------------

Let's start your cut by bringing some more structure to your diet. This can be done by using the foods you're already consuming, as they're not the worst selection you could have.

You're going to need to purchase a food scale if you don't already have one.

MEAL 1:
- 300g Salad/Mixed Vegetables
- 300g Chicken Breast (raw weight)
- 30g Cashews
- 20g Almonds
- 100g Banana

Meal 2:
- 300g Lamb (raw weight)
- 100g Rice/Pasta (dry weight)
- 30g Cashews
- 20g Almonds
- 100g Banana
- 25g Honey

Meal 3:
- 60g of protein from Whey (not the same as 60g of Whey protein powder)

This is just an example. You don't have to follow this diet, but realistically it could be a start for you.

The idea here is for you to follow this plan every day for a week and to see how you metabolize it.

I would want you to weigh yourself every morning from a fasted state (meaning after a piss and before drinking or consuming anything).

----------------

About your workout routine, I'm admittedly not familiar with it. Looks like any other routine ever. It works. What really matters is that you're consistent with it.

For your cardio however, I'd want to see daily output rather than an estimated weekly output.

So if you swim, or cycle, I'd want either of those done for a start of 30 minutes every day. It doesn't matter if you're not going to the gym that day, you'd need to get in the 30 minutes regardless. Cardio duration would increase over time depending on how you respond to it.

Realistically I don't wish to flesh out an entire routine for you, and this is already more than enough to start with.

The idea is to be a lot more precise in your tracking.

You eat relatively healthily but clearly it's still too much as your bodyfat is too high for your goal physique.

This should be a good beginning. If you need further help I do offer online coaching.

Absar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jan 9, 2023
Hi. I have got an question.

I'm 15yo, going to gym from about 3 months.
Seeing all hatred towards bro-split which is the usual split everyone follows in every gym I've been to, I started doing push-pull-legs weeks ago. But going to the gym 6 days a week does not leave me enough time to focus on other things...

I think a split of 4 days a week would suit me the best. But I have become overwhelmed seeing all these fitness videos on youtube that at this point I just can't decide.

Can you all fitness pros please guide me

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
If those truly are the only foods you eat from, then you're off to a good start.

Since you said you're super willing to make a change but want it to be sustainable I'm going to make a guess that your willingness is around a 7 or 8 out of 10, with 10 being absolutely willing to do anything.

I don't have pictures of your present build, and they completely would influence my input on how you should go about anything with regards to this, but based on your height and weight and assumed bodyfat level, I'm gonna make the inference that you're overweight.

So my first suggestion is for you to cut.

----------------

Let's start your cut by bringing some more structure to your diet. This can be done by using the foods you're already consuming, as they're not the worst selection you could have.

You're going to need to purchase a food scale if you don't already have one.

MEAL 1:
- 300g Chicken Breast (raw weight)
- 30g Cashews
- 20g Almonds
- 100g Banana

Meal 2:
- 300g Lamb (raw weight)
- 100g Rice/Pasta (dry weight)
- 30g Cashews
- 20g Almonds
- 100g Banana
- 25g Honey

Meal 3:
- 60g of protein from Whey (not the same as 60g of Whey protein powder)

This is just an example. You don't have to follow this diet, but realistically it could be a start for you.

The idea here is for you to follow this plan every day for a week and to see how you metabolize it.

I would want you to weigh yourself every morning from a fasted state (meaning after a piss and before drinking or consuming anything).

----------------

About your workout routine, I'm admittedly not familiar with it. Looks like any other routine ever. It works. What really matters is that you're consistent with it.

For your cardio however, I'd want to see daily output rather than an estimated weekly output.

So if you swim, or cycle, I'd want either of those done for a start of 30 minutes every day. It doesn't matter if you're not going to the gym that day, you'd need to get in the 30 minutes regardless. Cardio duration would increase over time depending on how you respond to it.

Realistically I don't wish to flesh out an entire routine for you, and this is already more than enough to start with.

The idea is to be a lot more precise in your tracking.

You eat relatively healthily but clearly it's still too much as your bodyfat is too high for your goal physique.

This should be a good beginning. If you need further help I do offer online coaching.
I've shared some pics of myself, but on a message to you. Let me know if that changes things, probably not.
EDIT - when you mention cardio, for swimming on Saturday and Sunday, should I do it first? or after gym?

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
Hi. I have got an question.

I'm 15yo, going to gym from about 3 months.
Seeing all hatred towards bro-split which is the usual split everyone follows in every gym I've been to, I started doing push-pull-legs weeks ago. But going to the gym 6 days a week does not leave me enough time to focus on other things...

I think a split of 4 days a week would suit me the best. But I have become overwhelmed seeing all these fitness videos on youtube that at this point I just can't decide.

Can you all fitness pros please guide me
alright bro. First, what is your actual goal. Honestly, the big change from this entire talk is the GOAL. What is yours???

Absar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jan 9, 2023
alright bro. First, what is your actual goal. Honestly, the big change from this entire talk is the GOAL. What is yours???
I want to get bigger, build muscles and strength, and stay lean.
Simply put, A aesthetic body with abs and muscles.

I currently weigh 64kgs.
I dont have much muscles so dont know if 64kgs is alright for my body.

And my height is something b/w 5"9 and 5"8

G

Guest931Xfjyx

I've shared some pics of myself, but on a message to you. Let me know if that changes things, probably not.
EDIT - when you mention cardio, for swimming on Saturday and Sunday, should I do it first? or after gym?

Hey, I've responded to your private message. I definitely still recommend a cut.

For the daily cardio I always suggest you either do it first thing in the morning (hours apart from your gym routine) or immediately after having lifted in the gym.

Simple reason being, is that you don't want the physical exertion from cardiovascular exercise to hinder your ability for maximum output whilst lifting weights.

I personally recommend first thing in the morning though. Right when you wake up. Get up and get it out of the way. Starts your day off right as it is...

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
There is a massive spectrum of anabolic dosages and polypharmacy.

For example with Rich, he was on opiates and amphetamines as well as ridiculous compounds and dosages.

The other example I believe you are referring to is Ronnie Coleman (8 Mr Olympias and decades of drug abuse and destroying his body with training).

As an alternate example, take a look at Jay Cutler, same era, same drug abuse, but did it smart and looked after his body, totally different outcomes.

RE: safe use
A 50-year-old guy taking 150mg/wk TRT will often be 'healthier' than his natural counterpart with 300ng/dl test levels.

Guys on stage, or even at your local gym can use 1000-5000mg/wk of anabolics (the health risk is exponential but the gains are not). These guys are making a terrible tradeoff imo.

Then you have the lower middle ground of 150-250mg/wk, using bioidentical hormones, not much is going to go wrong but mainstream lumps this group in with anabolic abuse.

Drinking semi-regularly would put you at a larger health risk...

It's a completely different ballgame all along the spectrum of dose and drugs but the warnings get lumped into one.

All in all its a complex topic, ha. It ranges from little to no risk to extreme risk depending on compounds and dosages.

My advice is still solid, taking any kind of PED at 17 is insanity because at that age you are nowhere near your maximum potential. If you are going to take drugs, at least hit your maximum potential and then use the drugs to go beyond that.

Which in my mind is stupid, because that way you are taking the 'health' out of health and fitness.

By the way, your justifications remind me of a friend of mine around 30 years ago. He started taking heroin and I warned him about getting addicted, I said, "Everyone gets addicted sooner or later." The examples he gave me of supposed junkies who were fine and managing their heroin intake, sounded remarkably like the ones you use above for steroid users.

Anyway, I'm sure you can guess the outcome with my friend, he, like everyone else, became addicted. Luckily for him, he comes from a nice family who can afford the best rehab. He cleaned up and moved away from London.

But hey-ho, each to their own, personally, I'm not injecting anything in me that I don't medically need.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The one thing that I think most younger people don’t know about bodybuilding is the amount of time it takes to build mass. To go from skinny to huge is 5+ years minimum.

Take a look at the current YouTubers in the fitness space and go back to their early videos. Someone have been around 8-10 years so you can see their transformation and get an idea of how long it takes.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
My advice is still solid, taking any kind of PED at 17 is insanity because at that age you are nowhere near your maximum potential. If you are going to take drugs, at least hit your maximum potential and then use the drugs to go beyond that.

Which in my mind is stupid, because that way you are taking the 'health' out of health and fitness.

By the way, your justifications remind me of a friend of mine around 30 years ago. He started taking heroin and I warned him about getting addicted, I said, "Everyone gets addicted sooner or later." The examples he gave me of supposed junkies who were fine and managing their heroin intake, sounded remarkably like the ones you use above for steroid users.

Anyway, I'm sure you can guess the outcome with my friend, he, like everyone else, became addicted. Luckily for him, he comes from a nice family who can afford the best rehab. He cleaned up and moved away from London.

But hey-ho, each to their own, personally, I'm not injecting anything in me that I don't medically need.

100% agree on being 17 with PEDs, it's absolutely nonsensical.

Prerequisites are thrown but at least age 25, plus 5+years of training well and eating great is a nice buffer to stop any idiocy.

I agree its almost always a bad idea for most people, that being said, my point was that with safe usage it isn't as detrimental as we are led to believe and in some cases, you are left better off than you would've been 'natural' (40+ y/o guys)

Your heroin example is a great case of anabolics being compared to something completely unrealistic. There is no good or safe level of heroin, there is no upside. With testosterone, there is plenty of upside and ways to use it in such a way that it adds to your quality of life substantially (again, not the case with heroin).

I think we both mostly agree, my point is that extreme anabolic abuse gets lumped in with TRT as the same thing, with the same risks, when it is radically different. A dude could run 200/wk for a lifetime with no detrimental effects. It's a bioidentical hormone and your body knows exactly how to deal with it. 500+/wk IS substantially detrimental to your health when used for long periods. It's like putting a Ferrari engine in a Civic. 200/wk is like tuning the civic.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 11, 2019
Someone needs to say this - you are delusional (but it's normal). Most guys who start going to the gym notice the first results and consider making it a career - become a coach, or fitness influencer, build a clothing/supplement brand, or go pro.

You are one of hundreds of thousands if not millions, who just started working out and are at 22% body fat asking "How do I become objectively the best in the world?"

It's like someone ran a mile for the first time ever and asked "How do I run a marathon in 2 hours like Kipchoge?"

Keep training, try different programs and diets, hire different coaches, and try different gyms for at least 3 years longer and then you might have a better idea of what it would take to become 10% of what the pros are.

The "natural" you posted... has been blasting tren for years leading up to that look.

Edit: Similarly, it would be delusional for someone broke to ask how to be as wealthy and successful as Elon Musk. Figure out how to make a dollar, then figure out how to make 10, then 100, find a pattern that works, replicate it, scale it, make a 1000, make 10k, and so on. Statistically, your chance is close to 0, but you'll get better in the process anyway which makes it worth doing.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Does anyone here have capped/cannonball delts and who is also a natural?
Are such delts possible without any drugs?

12087020_10153016168230755_204122826_n.jpg

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands

I would say this is possible with 3-5 years of training and a good diet. And then take a picture with a pump and really good lightning. Also don't forget you have to have pretty good genetics to look like this dude. He has a really good physique but his traps seem normal to me, also no crazy vascularity. So yes, this is possible in my opinion.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 11, 2019

Even with pump, lightning, "perfect" diet & training, still very unlikely to be natty. Definitely not in 3 years as @freek said. This guy makes a lot of money (I've worked with him) selling programs and coaching, it would be stupid for him not to take gear and become an unrealistic ideal to make even more money.

I know someone will say: "he's not even that big/jacked/shredded", well yeah, just because he's not Mr Olympia size (who take grams of gear weekly), doesn't me he's not cruising on a conservative dose of test year round, throwing in a few extras every now and then.

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
it would be stupid for him not to take gear
pro tip: never listen to someone who says it would be stupid for someone to not take gear. Only listen to this person if he is your doctor. Funnily enough most of these gear users will get a doctor telling them to take some form of test after they stop using because their own production has shut down.
Even with pump, lightning, "perfect" diet & training, still very unlikely to be natty. Definitely not in 3 years as @freek said.
aha you took out good genetics, but sure it might take more than 3-5 years but still definately possible natty.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 11, 2019
pro tip: never listen to someone who says it would be stupid for someone to not take gear. Only listen to this person if he is your doctor. Funnily enough most of these gear users will get a doctor telling them to take some form of test after they stop using because their own production has shut down.

aha you took out good genetics, but sure it might take more than 3-5 years but still definately possible natty.
I worked in an agency that worked directly with the guy in the photo. Now, he never told me directly: "I take gear", but let's be realistic when you're aiming for millions by selling fitness coaching, it's a requirement to look incredibly good.

Sure, he might not be blasting tren but popular fitness coaches as a minimum are on TRT to maintain a great physique and leaness year round. Are there some genetic freaks? Sure, but genetics are way overrated.

They couldn't sell nearly as much if they admitted to taking steroids as they would no longer have a unique training program, diet, whatever. It's the exact same case with 20-year-old tiktokers getting absolutely huge in 2 years and claiming natty (as their sponsors - mainly supplement companies want to sell just another generic pre-workout and test booster).

Steroid use is incredibly common in the social media space and perception is completely twisted (e.g. kids saying Alex Eubank is small while he's objectively better looking and stronger than 99% of the global population). Comparing Alex to the top guys in the social media fitness space, he really is "smaller" yet he's already a top example of natural potential (if he even is natural).

Back to my point, if you want to be an incredibly famous and successful fitness influencer, you will be outcompeted by those on TRT or above, unless you bring serious niche knowledge to the table, e.g. knees over toes guy. Not a medical advice, use your brain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.