The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much would you pay ?

lkn2bfd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 22, 2007
Birmingham,Al
1.How much would you pay for a good custom hand car wash at your home ?
2.Would you rather have this done at home or would you rather take your car somewhere ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
1.How much would you pay for a good custom hand car wash at your home ?
2.Would you rather have this done at home or would you rather take your car somewhere ?

1. depends on what your doing, i.e clay, polish, etc....
2. rather have it done at home

a better place to entertain this question would be on car forums. If you are looking to market this idea, post in the regional forums. I know a couple of members that are making substantial income from appointments stemming from a posting like this.

lkn2bfd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 22, 2007
Birmingham,Al
I was thinking just a wash,vacuum,armor-all the interior and tires and clean the windows you know just a car wash not a detail. I think detail should come later that takes up a lot of time on one car.

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
I was thinking just a wash,vacuum,armor-all the interior and tires and clean the windows you know just a car wash not a detail. I think detail should come later that takes up a lot of time on one car.

If you mention "armor all" to a fanatical car community, you will be frowned upon.

Use only the best, and invest in a good porter cable. When dealing with exotics, that's another story, I would research the types of paint and clearcoats on these cars before any buffing goes down.

lkn2bfd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 22, 2007
Birmingham,Al
If you mention "armor all" to a fanatical car community, you will be frowned upon.

Use only the best, and invest in a good porter cable. When dealing with exotics, that's another story, I would research the types of paint and clearcoats on these cars before any buffing goes down.
I was thinking about this place for supplies www.chemicalguys.com

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
When I lived in Myrtle Beach my room mate and I made our extra cash doing this. We had a beauty salon that we worked for. We had all of the stylists cars, 5 maybe 6 cars a week. We would wash, vacuum and armor all for 25.00. this was probably 15 years ago. Made beer money for the weekend.

I see mobile washes all the time in my area. The guy down the street has a company come by to wash his Hummer.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I pay $70 for a total detailing of my car, including a wash and wax- when I get it done. Hasn't happened since I developed a plan! :)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
wow. 70bucks to get your car washed!

I can say honestly I have never had my car washed by someone else. as a matter of fact Ive owned 7 cars so far and not one of them have ever had a bath lol.

they live outside its supposed to get dirty lol.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
so far and not one of them have ever had a bath lol.
Tsk! They need love.
I had my car painted about a year ago, and to this day nothing has touched the paint. No fingers, no brushes... Only soapy water, wax, and love. :love1:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I probably would feel differently about it if I ever owned a car worthy of being washed lol. or if I ever paid for a paint job...

all my cars were used old beaters. 2 I bought myself but most of them were given to us for free... one of them my dh paid 10bucks for and the stereo system was worth about 200bucks... (hes an automechanic so when the bill is too high for an old beater alot of people will sign them over and get a new one lol) all of them had terrible paint jobs when I got them.

if I ever had a pretty car with nice paint Id probably show it some love lol...maybe one day!

lkn2bfd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 22, 2007
Birmingham,Al
I was thinking $35 and start doing this on the weekend sat,sun 10 a day 20X35=700 a weekend. Then hire someone to do those 20 pay them per hour and start adding accounts. Say 10 a day six days a week thats 2100 minus say 400 to pay your worker thats 1700 a week 6800 a month and you don't have to do much right ?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
sounds like a plan to me! good luck with it!

White8

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 6, 2007
Salem, OR
If you have a general aviation airport near by you may be able to wash airplanes. A small single engine wash/vacuum would probably run around $50-75 as would degreasing the belly. The corporate jet crowd typically like to have the aircraft washed, vacuumed, lav cleaned, and snack bin restocked after each flight and they will pay much more.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Yveskleinsky said:
I pay $70 for a total detailing of my car, including a wash and wax- when I get it done.

. . . but I haven't gotten it detailed since I developed a PLAN!

No detail for you! :cuss:

(but rep speed + + + for LIVING your PLAN!) :banana::banana::banana:

-Russ H.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
:smilielol: That's it in a nutshell!

CorsePerVita

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 24, 2008
Back in my highschool days I did auto detail. $100 for a full wax, spray wax, vacuum and using the spray shampoo in a can with a quick brush. vinyl/leather cleaner to make it nice and shiny. Clean the windows... Believe it or not, lots of people paid for it! Did it a few times a week to a couple cars.

Took about an hour or two to do it right. $50 an hour back in high school... well... it sure worked! Materials don't cost that much and I didn't use much so the profit was nice.

Right now I wouldn't probably pay to have it done, I'd rather do it myself! Lets say I was too lazy to do it myself and had the money to pay I'd probably pay $30-100 for a good wash and decent quick detail.

PurEnergy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 4, 2008
I know a detailer with about four or five shops. I think he gives his "preferred" customers a price of like $30 or $35. I think he sets something up with them where he'll do their car on some sort of regular basis for that price. I guess a walk in is more. He also does car dealerships and probably gets about .10 cents a piece...lol. In addition he offers paintless dent repair and interior work which he subs out. I think he just added window tinting. He's got a lot of employees and doesn't do any of the work himself. I think he does ok.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.