The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

how much money is a good amount to have in the market?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

lobster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Oct 23, 2007
i was wondering what lump sum of money do others have in the stock market? what is a fair amount to invest in todays market? from my expierences even with 300k im still only earn little change in todays market. i getting an average of 300.00 to 10k spikes each day or so. if im lucky a few rare 2 to 25k a day. im wondering is it worth it? should i look into real estate instead? :tdown:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Historical returns are about 12%? When I am making more than that, I feel like I got a good result.

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
I am not a market expert by any means but it seems to me how much you have in the market depends on many things.
1. What is your overall net worth. If your total net worth is 300K and that's what you have in the market, thats too much. On the other hand if your total net worth is 3mil and you have 300k in the market, maybe not enough?
2. What is your expertise? What do you know and love? What do you feel comfortable investing in?
We have tried to diversify our net worth but because we are not very versed in the market we have only a small investment % of our net worth in that area.
BTW I think a 20% return is outstanding, if you were not activly chasing trades.
Janet

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
A professional trader (day trader) needs at least (absolute minimum) $100k to start. It helps to have buying power to leverage your $100k. The more the better. It also helps to have other income streams to offset the stress to support yourself with fulltime trading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lobster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Oct 23, 2007
A professional trader (day trader) needs at least (absolute minimum) $100k to start. It helps to have buying power to leverage your $100k. The more the better. It also helps to have other income streams to offset the stress to support yourself with fulltime trading.

yes you are all correct, thanks for the helpful info. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.