• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    How to Get Rich by Felix Denis

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: How to Get Rich, Felix Denis (Review | Discuss)

how much money is a good amount to have in the market?

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by lobster, Oct 26, 2007.

1. lobster

lobster New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    i was wondering what lump sum of money do others have in the stock market? what is a fair amount to invest in todays market? from my expierences even with 300k im still only earn little change in todays market. i getting an average of 300.00 to 10k spikes each day or so. if im lucky a few rare 2 to 25k a day. im wondering is it worth it? should i look into real estate instead? :tdown:

2. JScott

JScott Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $44,572
    If you're averaging $300/day in the market, that's about $60,000/year. On an investment of $300,000, that's an annual return of about 20%.

Not bad in the market, especially if you're not devoting a whole lot of time to it.

As for whether you should invest it differently, the question you need to answer is whether you believe you can earn greater than 20% on your money via a different investment vehicle. If so, go for it. If not, stick with the market.

3. Rawr

Rawr Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,523
    Historical returns are about 12%? When I am making more than that, I feel like I got a good result.

4. nomadjanet

nomadjanet Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $187
    I am not a market expert by any means but it seems to me how much you have in the market depends on many things.
    1. What is your overall net worth. If your total net worth is 300K and that's what you have in the market, thats too much. On the other hand if your total net worth is 3mil and you have 300k in the market, maybe not enough?
    2. What is your expertise? What do you know and love? What do you feel comfortable investing in?
    We have tried to diversify our net worth but because we are not very versed in the market we have only a small investment % of our net worth in that area.
    BTW I think a 20% return is outstanding, if you were not activly chasing trades.
    Janet

5. piranha526

piranha526 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $48
    A professional trader (day trader) needs at least (absolute minimum) $100k to start. It helps to have buying power to leverage your $100k. The more the better. It also helps to have other income streams to offset the stress to support yourself with fulltime trading.

6. lobster

lobster New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    yes you are all correct, thanks for the helpful info. :)

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.