The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I used SEO to create (and eventually sell) in a tough niche

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
i am also starting a niche website right now :D great and motivating read. i try to target low/medium keywords in my niche and write write write till my fingers fall of the first months.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
- would you recommend writing articles yourself or outsourcing? does it matter?
- any design recommendations? I'm launching a new blog and can't decide on the theme. How important is this? any critical high level recommendations?
- how important is more technical SEO?

- Either way is fine, as long as it's a quality article that is actually valuable.
- One that isn't resource (code/image) heavy and optimized for mobile.
- It's pretty important!

buildpath

Next.js /React dev building in programmatic SEO
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Apr 10, 2019
TN
To anyone wanting to jump in with outsourced writers from the start and hoping to achieve similar success: I'd just like to suggest that these guys who sell their sites for mid 7 figures all say the same thing for a reason. One of my students also did the same thing (sold for mid seven figures, way way more more than I have ever done!!) and her focus was on content. She was prolific in reviewing the products/services and really providing more detail than any competitors. Got links from manufacturers of new products because she reviewed them quickly, and much more... Her ahrefs organic keywords curve is just consistently going up over the years and.... big co bought out.

I am saying this stuff because I'm in a world of pain after years of hanging on to what had been working for me (focus more on links).

Listen to lludwig and jason when they say it's about content and UX these days more than anything... and of course the better the UX is maybe the more natural links you'll get?

If you don't agree, I appreciate your side of the discussion to. I'm also saying this to remind myself of where I should focus efforts going forward.

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
content is king and your mailinglist is the queen?

i always remember the "old" times with link pyramides, linkbuilding with web 2.0s, online directorys... it is realy great that "Content" is now worth more than 80% seo magic und 20% spinned articles.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Wow awesome story! Thanks for sharing.

I never really saw the value in SEO until this year when I finally had to get up to speed for my current company. I found out that I'm pretty good at it. We're cranking out about 4-6 posts per week and ranking on page 1 very fast. No backlinks either. We tripled traffic in under 6 months just with crazy SEO optimized content production. I think our content pace is too high though, it's very stressful trying to produce good content at this rate.

I built my own SaaS tool and I've been thinking about a similar approach. My biggest hold up is that my domain is starting from nothing. I have 1 blog post with like no domain reputation. Plus, it's really had for me to find time to write content.

Anyway, how often did you produce content early on?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.