The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I Learned What I Needed To Know For My Online Business

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Almost everything that you need to know to start an online business is available online via surfing and doing extensive research. Being that I was one who hated to spend money on anything that I thought that I could do myself, I fell into that category of those who take the time and energy needed to find the information that I did need to build my own online Business.

This forum was a great place to do research, find tips and clues of where to go to look for information. But it was not the only resource that I needed to attain the intricate information that I needed for building my actual website and fully understanding internet marketing. Don't get me wrong, The Fastlane Forum was and remains to be an excellent place for business and entrepreneurial educational beginnings, networking and continued brainstorming resource. But I was also in need of something more. I needed more specific details and how to's to do specifically what I wanted to do.

About a year and half ago, I found a great resource that I did take advantage of and it, like the Fastlane has proven to be a priceless resource for me and an excellent education tool. The program is a paid membership for Web Design. It deals with building WordPress websites and learning web site development for your own or for building other people's websites. I thought that some of you here may also find it to be useful.

You can go to check out the program directly at WebDesign.com (this is NOT an affiliate Link) and/or you can read more about and pick up discount coupons for it on my site The Ultimate Solution. I talk about it quite a bit on my website.

Although this may come across as a pitch, please know that this really IS one the resources that I have used this last year and half to extend my knowledge and understanding of what I do and I am as avid a supporter to this program as I am to The Fastlane... it is that good. But also please do your own research and due diligence - be sure it is what YOU want and need.

To Your Success!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I needed more specific details and how to's to do specifically what I wanted to do.

I pretty much learned how to do everything in this manner.

When approached with something I didn't know how to do, I would Google it or search. The answer would come, I'd solve the problem, and then move on to the next.

So instead of trying to learn an entire language, I'd grab specifics ...

For example ...

How do I learn PHP? <--- Might take weeks or months

VS

How do I insert a record into a DB using PHP? <-- Takes minutes.

When you solve problems task-specifically and as they come, the end result is you learn the language.

I think the same can be said for learning a new language -- go to the country and immerse yourself in the culture is what I heard is the best manner.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Same exact way i am learning programming and i learned/am still learning unix/linux admin to deal with the server side of the stuff. Everytime you can't figure it out, google it. it also helps to have friends on IM that can explain a problem or something in a more understandable format. So network is another big learning help.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
It also helps to have friends on IM that can explain a problem or something in a more understandable format. So network is another big learning help.

This is one of many integral parts to my business. I make myself available on SKYPE (Add Contact: KerryCarron - let me know how you found me) and answer quick questions. If a question cannot be answered quickly and needs farther explanation, then I schedule 1-on-1 training. The 1-on-1 training is a job and provides me an immediate income (time traded fro money). My network gets answers real time and I can build up my clientele for those who want individual instruction. It is win-win for all.

Feel free to add me to your network.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 16, 2009
New Jersey
Thanks for this Kerry. Everything I've been learning has just been one thing at a time, one day at a time. If I can't figure something out on my own I Google it. If I can't find something that seems valuable I'll search within this forum and WF. If I can't find the answer there I'll ask Lighthouse or Joneleehacker (as I have in the past but it's been awhile). The point is...everything IS out there.

One tip I would add to this thread for anyone who is new to online business is to make sure the pages you're reading for research are up to date. Things on the internet change so much, so quickly that if you're reading something out of date you could waste A LOT of time.

For instance, when I first started researching SEO I came to a page that was very high on the first page of a Google search. The tips included things like hidden text, keyword stuffing, etc. This didn't seem right to me because it seemed too easy so after doing more research I found that these methods were highly illegal and would get your site banned from Google permanently. I went back to the site and realized it had been written about 7 or 8 years ago.

That goes to show you what worked yesterday could hurt you today so make sure you are UP TO DATE on the ever changing internet landscape.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.