The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I (didn't) become a millionaire at 19

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Funny how this story now is checking out to be possibly fiction and when it was originally posted, I was skeptical. Close to 200 likes and I was not one of them because such a gregarious story should have gregarious details. There was few.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Thank you for editing the title and adding a warning in the first post. It's going to save some people from reading every post in those 5 pages.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I was too really inspired but he is a admitted liar...

My Biggest Lies - Chris Kelsey | The World's Greatest Entrepreneur

I don't think you should trust his words...

Holy smokes the insanity in that post is off the charts. I'm not a shrink, but dude appears to suffer from some paranoid delusions (CIA is after him), obvious narcissism, and inflated sense of self worth. He named a crypto after himself, for crying out loud.

Lied about deals with the government of the UAE, on top of the lies he used to get their attention in the first place.

Dude is destined for jail or worse.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sounds like another victim of "fake it until you make it" taken to an unhealthy and unethical extreme.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018

After reading some of those medium entries I regret even reading this thread...

This dude is a troll, check his YouTube channel Chris Kelsey funny as hell

So this was all fake?

I don’t know, maybe it is to attract people and promote his new cryptocurrency business but no idea.

Honestly, looking through the YouTube channel, I don't know what this guy's goal is.
Whatever it is, most of those videos are a bad attempt at shock value attention.

I was too really inspired but he is a admitted liar...

My Biggest Lies - Chris Kelsey | The World's Greatest Entrepreneur

I don't think you should trust his words...

Oh well that’s disappointing to get to the end of the thread just to find out he’s a liar. Unbookmarked!

Funny how people keep on posting on this thread and praising this guy for his success.

Shows that a lot of people only read the initial post and not the whole thread.

Dude has major issues

So this whole thing was a lie?

more smoke and mirrors fake it till you make it b.s.

I had encountered this thread a while back and liked a number of the posts. Then I got to the end and discovered it was probably a lie.

But I forgot to go back and remove my likes at the beginning.

So I just went through and removed my likes. No need for his rep to be unfairly boosted by people who were taken in at the beginning.

Side note: this post would make a great case study for the thread, "How to detect deceitful people."

What characteristics can we observe from this post that would tip us off if future posts followed a similar pattern?

MJ has already gotten us started...

Funny how this story now is checking out to be possibly fiction and when it was originally posted, I was skeptical. Close to 200 likes and I was not one of them because such a gregarious story should have gregarious details. There was few.

Last edited:

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Reading this and finding out it wasn't true brings me back to all the "anyone read/write fiction" threads here on the forum.

Good little fiction break for me.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Special mention and honorary credit goes to @GuestUser450. He was the first guy to detect the BS after reading the first post (which was extremely convincing) while none of us could. A true legend of our times. Maybe it's Mark Cuban in disguise....

EDIT: But then again, I googled him and checked out his website (Appsitude.com), and it's true that he's the founder, so maybe he really did make big bucks and it's legit? Unless the whole site is fake, with fake photos and fake profiles and fake apps which didn't exist.

Last edited:

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
upload_2019-4-26_16-5-41.png

My photo is used how is this possible LOL

Funny that it actually didn't happen, did got some motivational fuel from this one.

I remember very clearly that he said "it was from a group of old people that pooled money together for an app idea they had, the funny thing was that they chose the price, I never gave them a quote..", found that very weird already...

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
This guy is on drugs.

I could tell even before I saw his vids where he openly advocates doing hard drugs.

I've (unfortunately) known many people who got addicted to hard drugs so the signs are obvious to me. They become batshit insane. They believe the CIA and FBI is watching them, they think they're encountered aliens and demons, and other supernatural shit. You can't follow anything they say, their brain is literally fried beyond repair.

His old posts here were very articulate and convincing. But if you see his recent stuff, he sounds like a nutcase. Years of meth or something else will do that to you.

You can also see how much he's aged in a few years despite being only 21-22 now. He looks nothing like his profile pic here.

So yeah, don't do drugs kids.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Whatever happened to TeveTorbes? Can't believe he's not here to enjoy his victory lap.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Its funny. I remember reading this post when i was first on this site. It got me depressed. I do custom development just like this guy does and wasn't (and still dont) having the success that came so easy to him. I wondered about how truthful it was, but also thought, 'well, there are 19 year old self-made millionaires out there, so this is possible.' Funny that its a lie.

Diamonds4her

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 10, 2019
For everyone who are thinking about copying his success -> Its not going to work for you.
Stick with what you are doing and don't dabble. Once you learn the discipline required to try new things then do it.
Its never the idea, its the execution.

No worries there...I don't even understand it. I wasn't one of the internet kids born with a mouse in my hand. I'll stick with dividend stocks.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
EDIT: But then again, I googled him and checked out his website (Appsitude.com), and it's true that he's the founder, so maybe he really did make big bucks and it's legit? Unless the whole site is fake, with fake photos and fake profiles and fake apps which didn't exist.
Exactly. I'm confused here...

A lot of stuff about his story checks out, he provided links, people verified those details

He made a post confessing his sins about all the things he lied about, but provided tax receipts from his company and specifically said 'i lied about a lot, but my company wasn't one of them.'

I made posts online saying that Appsitude had made me a millionaire at 19, and at that time I still wasn’t sure I’d become a millionaire by 19. Funnily enough, I did end up becoming a millionaire at 19, just six months after starting Cazza. With Appsitude, I had some months where I made around $50,000 in profit, but I didn’t feel successful as I only cared about becoming a millionaire so that I could fund my dreams.

The one thing I did that did make me feel bad was that I often told clients (not all of them) that we could help them find investors and raise funding. I did this with the knowledge that it’d likely be hard to help them raise funding, even if I did know some investors. To me, Appsitude felt like a company that helped people build crappy ideas. This is one of the reasons why I didn’t enjoy it so much, I felt that I wasn’t building anything world-changing.

Am I missing something here? I mean I just skimmed but it looks like he did dev that app. He was lying about the sale?

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Exactly. I'm confused here...

A lot of stuff about his story checks out, he provided links, people verified those details

He made a post confessing his sins about all the things he lied about, but provided tax receipts from his company and specifically said 'i lied about a lot, but my company wasn't one of them.'

I made posts online saying that Appsitude had made me a millionaire at 19, and at that time I still wasn’t sure I’d become a millionaire by 19. Funnily enough, I did end up becoming a millionaire at 19, just six months after starting Cazza. With Appsitude, I had some months where I made around $50,000 in profit, but I didn’t feel successful as I only cared about becoming a millionaire so that I could fund my dreams.

The one thing I did that did make me feel bad was that I often told clients (not all of them) that we could help them find investors and raise funding. I did this with the knowledge that it’d likely be hard to help them raise funding, even if I did know some investors. To me, Appsitude felt like a company that helped people build crappy ideas. This is one of the reasons why I didn’t enjoy it so much, I felt that I wasn’t building anything world-changing.

Am I missing something here? I mean I just skimmed but it looks like he did dev that app. He was lying about the sale?
Just look at this and tell me how confident you are in anything this guy says

Pay special attention to him badly photoshopping his face over Trump's.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.