- Joined
- Apr 29, 2019
- Messages
- 263
Rep Bank
$965
$965
User Power: 92%
Tl;dr at bottom
As long as i remember I have been lacking energy in the afternoon and would get an irresistible urge to sleep.
It started out my last 2 years at school, where I would fall asleep in class, and got worse as i got a job and would sometimes collapse on the bed as I got home and sleep untill the next morning.
Finally after many years of "dealing with it", or just not trying to figure out the problem I'm confident I found the solution to my problems.
I started out going to my doctor, asking about my energy problems. I was an unusual case. Most people dont sleep too much, they have insomnia (or a non-clinical version caused by light/caffeine etc)
Got redirected to a local specialist at the hospital for a chat, and i asked about solutions.
The only solution on the table was medication.
I politely said F*ck that and left.
Fast forward some months, and i started workout due to a small back injury. I did short sessions of heavy lifting, mostly to strengthen my back and legs.
My back got better after about a month. My energy levels didnt budge.
Well, maybe ONE of these supplements will help?
I tried lion's mane, multi-vitamins, magnesium, calcium, PQQ, MCT oil, and probably some more.
Never really noticed a significant difference after a month.
Recently i tried Keto for a while. I quickly noticed I dont live in a keto friendly country, but the basics are easy enough. Just couldnt go pick up any fancy stuff in the stores. I felt my body go through a bunch of changes, sugar cravings, and what i assume is the keto flu.
In the end i didn't feel that much of a difference. I'll admit I felt slightly more energized, but my sleeping issue remained.
So far its all been failures and misery, collapsing on the couch way too early, and ruining a good nights sleep or sleeping around the clock.
Turns out sleep was the key!
I've been taught that sleeping 5-6 hours is fine, and thats what I did, and tried to adapt to.
What i now notice is that the people saying this are living on caffeine and taking naps. I was sleep deprived beyond imagination, but the body gets used to it, and it feels normal. After just a few nights of 9 hours of sleep (which i plan to reduce to 7 or 8) I felt energized and really awake. I didn't get any urges to sleep in the afternoon!
Now I've felt really great for several days. And i blame it all on a consistent wake-up schedule.
Tl;dr:
Was immensely sleep deprived from 5-6 hours of sleep, doing 9 hours now and feel reborn.
As long as i remember I have been lacking energy in the afternoon and would get an irresistible urge to sleep.
It started out my last 2 years at school, where I would fall asleep in class, and got worse as i got a job and would sometimes collapse on the bed as I got home and sleep untill the next morning.
Finally after many years of "dealing with it", or just not trying to figure out the problem I'm confident I found the solution to my problems.
I started out going to my doctor, asking about my energy problems. I was an unusual case. Most people dont sleep too much, they have insomnia (or a non-clinical version caused by light/caffeine etc)
Got redirected to a local specialist at the hospital for a chat, and i asked about solutions.
The only solution on the table was medication.
I politely said F*ck that and left.
Fast forward some months, and i started workout due to a small back injury. I did short sessions of heavy lifting, mostly to strengthen my back and legs.
My back got better after about a month. My energy levels didnt budge.
Well, maybe ONE of these supplements will help?
I tried lion's mane, multi-vitamins, magnesium, calcium, PQQ, MCT oil, and probably some more.
Never really noticed a significant difference after a month.
Recently i tried Keto for a while. I quickly noticed I dont live in a keto friendly country, but the basics are easy enough. Just couldnt go pick up any fancy stuff in the stores. I felt my body go through a bunch of changes, sugar cravings, and what i assume is the keto flu.
In the end i didn't feel that much of a difference. I'll admit I felt slightly more energized, but my sleeping issue remained.
So far its all been failures and misery, collapsing on the couch way too early, and ruining a good nights sleep or sleeping around the clock.
Turns out sleep was the key!
I've been taught that sleeping 5-6 hours is fine, and thats what I did, and tried to adapt to.
What i now notice is that the people saying this are living on caffeine and taking naps. I was sleep deprived beyond imagination, but the body gets used to it, and it feels normal. After just a few nights of 9 hours of sleep (which i plan to reduce to 7 or 8) I felt energized and really awake. I didn't get any urges to sleep in the afternoon!
Now I've felt really great for several days. And i blame it all on a consistent wake-up schedule.
Tl;dr:
Was immensely sleep deprived from 5-6 hours of sleep, doing 9 hours now and feel reborn.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
