Hello, I hope you're having a nice day.
The title question stems from me recently having developed an MVP after learning the skills needed for it. Basically, I employed MJ's suggestion in "Unscripted ," which is learning the stuff you actually need while working on a project (I probably butchered the phrasing in some way, but that's the idea I got from it).
These skills ranged from graphic design all the way to full-stack development (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, etc.), which were what I needed to develop the MVP. It's also a long-term investment since I want to focus on tech products. But now that I have the MVP, while it does what it's intended to, I can't help but feel as if it's not good enough, especially in terms of UI design and coding. I feel as if I were to get judged at the moment of releasing it, maybe there are vulnerabilities in the user authentication part, or maybe I could optimize the code further.
That's the problem I face and would like to ask you about: how good is good enough when releasing an MVP? And how do you deal with never feeling satisfied with it? Or is not being satisfied actually something good?
Thank you for reading.
The title question stems from me recently having developed an MVP after learning the skills needed for it. Basically, I employed MJ's suggestion in "Unscripted ," which is learning the stuff you actually need while working on a project (I probably butchered the phrasing in some way, but that's the idea I got from it).
These skills ranged from graphic design all the way to full-stack development (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, etc.), which were what I needed to develop the MVP. It's also a long-term investment since I want to focus on tech products. But now that I have the MVP, while it does what it's intended to, I can't help but feel as if it's not good enough, especially in terms of UI design and coding. I feel as if I were to get judged at the moment of releasing it, maybe there are vulnerabilities in the user authentication part, or maybe I could optimize the code further.
That's the problem I face and would like to ask you about: how good is good enough when releasing an MVP? And how do you deal with never feeling satisfied with it? Or is not being satisfied actually something good?
Thank you for reading.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
