The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Do You Spend Your Freedom Coupons?

10Fold

Custom titles are a dope idea
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
I myself am still on the journey to financial freedom. My freedom coupons are being invested. Invested in growing my knowledge. Invested in hustling on the side in the meantime.

Oh course it isn’t all serious.
I can always count on a drive to set my mind free. Freedom coupons certainly come in handy there.

How do you spend yours?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I myself am still on the journey to financial freedom. My freedom coupons are being invested. Invested in growing my knowledge. Invested in hustling on the side in the meantime.

Oh course it isn’t all serious.
I can always count on a drive to set my mind free. Freedom coupons certainly come in handy there.

How do you spend yours?
How do you define "freedom tickets"? I just commented on your other post. You sound a lot more hopeful. I assume you are asking about the privilege of being financially independent. I'll answer based upon that assumption.

I invest in my personal education every day by listening to books and podcasts. And I've officially been retired for more than 20 years -- but I admit -- I'm not very good at this retirement stuff. I guess I should start figuring out what I'm gonna be when I grow up...

I invest time and concern in other people every day. Things don't trip my trigger, so I'm not a good consumer. Helping people does it for me. And extending that helping hand is one of the intended results of my business life. I like to fly under the radar with my contributions of time and resources. I try to stay in the background and let others shine in the spotlight. I'd rather they get the attention and the credit for any accomplishments. This passion has always been my quiet secret life.

I try to leave every place I go and everything I touch better than when I got there. I spend a lot of time and resources to make that happen. Sometimes it is as simple as picking up a piece of trash or making someone smile. Other times my input is more extensive.

The best freedom coupon I ever spent was going back and getting my mom out of her abusive marriage. I took care of her for the last 10 years of her life. Giving her freedom completely changed her life and my life. She went from being beaten down to being sunny and happy. The changes in her were amazing! Those 10 years were worth every struggle I ever encountered in my business journey. Since she died, I've remarried and built a new life with a wonderful man, my best friend.

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
How do you define "freedom tickets"?
I’d define it as any universal method of trading. Currency for the most part :)
I just commented on your other post. You sound a lot more hopeful. I assume you are asking about the privilege of being financially independent.
Thank you for taking the time to engage on my posts! Means a lot coming from someone in your position. Freedom coupons really do become freedom coupons when one is financially independent. Either way, everyone spends freedom coupons. Most to the point where they ultimately lose freedom instead of creating it.
I'll answer based upon that assumption.I invest in my personal education every day by listening to books and podcasts.
Love it. Definitely something I’ve come to realise. The importance of not only investing for profit but investing in oneself to better take on the world!
And I've officially been retired for more than 20 years -- but I admit -- I'm not very good at this retirement stuff. I guess I should start figuring out what I'm gonna be when I grow up...
That’s fair enough. I have a rough idea of what I want todo when I get to that stage. It’s hard. There are so many options when the world is your oyster! Age is just a number haha, we’re all growing up. Learning and growing. Unless there happens to be an all seeing and all knowing immortal in our midst.
I invest time and concern in other people every day. Things don't trip my trigger, so I'm not a good consumer. Helping people does it for me. And extending that helping hand is one of the intended results of my business life. I like to fly under the radar with my contributions of time and resources. I try to stay in the background and let others shine in the spotlight. I'd rather they get the attention and the credit for any accomplishments. This passion has always been my quiet secret life.

I try to leave every place I go and everything I touch better than when I got there. I spend a lot of time and resources to make that happen. Sometimes it is as simple as picking up a piece of trash or making someone smile. Other times my input is more extensive.
Amazing! That’s one thing I’ve been trying todo. Keeping good people close, making sure they are thriving. Yeah, easy to spend money on materialistic things for purpose. Easy to lose sight of stuff like that. I hope to one day be able to afford a Koenigsegg. But I also want to make sure I help those in need to give myself purpose and happiness when I’ve made it.

I completely get that. I myself am an introvert and much prefer fortune over fame.

The best freedom coupon I ever spent was going back and getting my mom out of her abusive marriage. I took care of her for the last 10 years of her life. Giving her freedom completely changed her life and my life. She went from being beaten down to being sunny and happy. The changes in her were amazing! Those 10 years were worth every struggle I ever encountered in my business journey. Since she died, I've remarried and built a new life with a wonderful man, my best friend.

That’s wonderful to hear. Being able to retire my parents is one of my goals. So many problems in the world. But so many solutions. One thing I’ve learned is that problems are a constant. It’s all a matter of how one deals with it :)

Thanks again for your time

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
To help more people. Wym?

Edit: I mean, I use my money to help more people. As in "Help people, get paid, help more people". You know what I'm talking about.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

10Fold

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 15, 2020
Wellington, New Zealand
To help more people. Wym?
Once I am at a point where I have financial freedom, I would like to still have purpose. To have goals to strive for. Sure as hell beats moping around in a mansion all day.
I would like to create a charity aimed at solving dire societal problems etc. Lots of charities only provide short term solutions like food and water shipments. I would really like to create long term solutions. For example creating infrastructure so that those dealing with starvation have a supply of food and water at their disposal. That is just one example though.

Robert Kiyosaki (author of Rich Dad Poor Dad) preaches giving to those in need, regardless of whether you are financially independent or not. Could be as simple as donating to a charity or even going out in the world and helping someone else. Getting a meal for someone who is homeless.

Hope that answers your question

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I’d define it as any universal method of trading. Currency for the most part :)

Thank you for taking the time to engage on my posts! Means a lot coming from someone in your position. Freedom coupons really do become freedom coupons when one is financially independent. Either way, everyone spends freedom coupons. Most to the point where they ultimately lose freedom instead of creating it.

Love it. Definitely something I’ve come to realise. The importance of not only investing for profit but investing in oneself to better take on the world!

That’s fair enough. I have a rough idea of what I want todo when I get to that stage. It’s hard. There are so many options when the world is your oyster! Age is just a number haha, we’re all growing up. Learning and growing. Unless there happens to be an all seeing and all knowing immortal in our midst.

Amazing! That’s one thing I’ve been trying todo. Keeping good people close, making sure they are thriving. Yeah, easy to spend money on materialistic things for purpose. Easy to lose sight of stuff like that. I hope to one day be able to afford a Koenigsegg. But I also want to make sure I help those in need to give myself purpose and happiness when I’ve made it.

I completely get that. I myself am an introvert and much prefer fortune over fame.

That’s wonderful to hear. Being able to retire my parents is one of my goals. So many problems in the world. But so many solutions. One thing I’ve learned is that problems are a constant. It’s all a matter of how one deals with it :)

Thanks again for your time
What's most important in my life is the people. I have a whole bunch that I mentor or who I have helped. I provide the only group of affordable housing in my community and the only self-service Laundromat. At times it's very stressful. There is a balance between helping enough to make a difference and helping too much. I know this. If you help a person who doesn't feel that they deserve it, they will hate the giver. Also, you must allow that person to keep their dignity and do something to pay you back for your generosity. You must also be a very grateful receiver. It's a balancing act.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.