The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you scale HUMAN style sales?

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
Hi,

Over the months I have noticed "Human" style of selling does MUCH better in terms of sales.

Let me explain what I mean..

Robot = Cold call style, very robotic. "Hey would you be interested in XYZ service? It's $397." "Sorry no thanks"

Human = Becomes your friend, talks to you like friend, sometimes charms you (Of course should be genuine interaction). Then asks you about your problems issues, and how he can help resolve them. "Hey maybe I can help you with this XYZ" "Yes OMG sure please I'm interested" "Okay!"

So Human is good. But issue I see is with scaling it. For going big, it's not so possible to talk to 1000 people at once lol.

You can say do webinar, hire staff, do facebook ads. Yes that will bring in sales, but human to human interaction from the person your actually buying from seems very powerful. Especially for anything high ticket. Seems like untapped opportunity, esp if you are authority in specific niche.

To give example scenerio. Let's say you are offering some sort of monthly social media service. Finding clients would be talking to many at once etc. Once you reach 30k a month, recurring revenue, just via person to person talking to each. Then should you just continue as you are, or try and find a way to scale with systems such as webinars, fb ads etc.?

Whats your guys thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Apr 13, 2015
Create a training video program, hire more people and make them go through it.

Amon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Jun 29, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Hi,

To give example scenerio. Let's say you are offering some sort of monthly social media service. Finding clients would be talking to many at once etc. Once you reach 30k a month, recurring revenue, just via person to person talking to each. Then should you just continue as you are, or try and find a way to scale with systems such as webinars, fb ads etc.?

Whats your guys thoughts?

I don't think it's necessary to go "human" unless the product you're selling is worth a high ticket value. (4/5/6+ figure price tag)

You can still be very personal and reach out to thousands of people at once (with high conversions) using facebook ads and direct mail. these routes don't make you robotic. They are very effective. Especially Facebook. The cost of ads right now is extremely undervalued.

In fact, I'd argue to put more focus into those platfroms. Technology is very much becoming "us". The internet is changing everything. Look around at the amount of people on their cell phones, constantly using technology.

As for your question/example scenario -- it's really not one or the other. It's both.

If you're grinding, business hours are from 7-5. Spend that time on the phone and 5-12 on the internet. when you don't have money, you've got time. Both of these strategies are scalable after realizing this

amon

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
You can still be very personal and reach out to thousands of people at once (with high conversions) using facebook ads and direct mail.
Thank you nice post.

What about face 2 face messaging? No direct mail or facebook ads.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
This is how normal companies do things and basically how all sales forces work.

You hire a sales guy on commission, plus usually some kind of base compensation: $30k per year + 10% commission on sales (for example).

You see that they bring in 500k worth of business in a year. You've paid them 30k + $50k = $80k expense to your sales person. You now have $420k of revenue. Presumably 20-50% of that is profit.

Now keep hiring sales people until they are operating "at capacity" (usually enough to handle each region without much downtime).

Ta-da. Scaled sales force.

(this was a super basic example)

Lord Business

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Feb 24, 2018
finland
all becomes down to the formula:
Results = Conversion rate * working hours used
Those 2 factors are negatively correlated.
It doesn't matter if the conversion rate is better, if the hours used is relatively larger amount.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.