The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you plan?

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
Right the law of attraction brigade says write your goal down and keep look it in and have faith in it.
i.e.
http://www.scienceofgettingrich.net/itworks.pdf

Cool story bro.

So now I know what I want. But the trouble is I have no idea how to get there. So my question is how do you plan. Do you have big goals, monthly goals, daily goals? What is the system behind your goals that make them happen?

How did you learn to make plans that propel you towards your goals?

What has not worked for you and what has been ridiculously effective?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mike4424

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2014
Good question. I may not have the answer, but I believe slow, cautious thinking through of a realistic goal and how exactly the best way to attain said goal is the general outline for most people.

I like Frank Underwood from House of Cards' "I know how to take whatever I want" mentality.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
I write down all the things I want. I describe them in detail, how it will sound, taste, the colors I'll see.

Then, I break each one in macro steps. Each of these steps must be something that stays well alone.
Each steps gets the same description as above. I will sometimes draw the results, using different colors depending on the type of goal.

At this point, I can take each step and break it further in a todo list of simple actions to take. Each one I describe, I see myself going through the motion, intensely feeling the motivation of someone who know what he wants.

I decide what steps I can do concurrently. So I divide the work in days, alternating a todo task from each of the concurrent steps, so that I don't burn out doing the same thing all the time.
I fit these tasks in the days I decided to dedicate to the project.

Now I summon my inner mentor, who I call Gulash. I explain everything to Gulash, in minute details, task by task, day by day. I see myself do them, getting tired but sticking to it, powered from the confidence in the goal and my desire to get there.

At this point a month is passed and I'm already behind the deadline.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
I write down all the things I want. I describe them in detail, how it will sound, taste, the colors I'll see.

Then, I break each one in macro steps. Each of these steps must be something that stays well alone.
Each steps gets the same description as above. I will sometimes draw the results, using different colors depending on the type of goal.

At this point, I can take each step and break it further in a todo list of simple actions to take. Each one I describe, I see myself going through the motion, intensely feeling the motivation of someone who know what he wants.

I decide what steps I can do concurrently. So I divide the work in days, alternating a todo task from each of the concurrent steps, so that I don't burn out doing the same thing all the time.
I fit these tasks in the days I decided to dedicate to the project.

Now I summon my inner mentor, who I call Gulash. I explain everything to Gulash, in minute details, task by task, day by day. I see myself do them, getting tired but sticking to it, powered from the confidence in the goal and my desire to get there.

At this point a month is passed and I'm already behind the deadline.

Was sounding pretty legit till you 'Gulash'!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hooked

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 11, 2013
I created my own set of docs based on Stephen Covey's First Thing First, TMF , 4HWW, Miracle Morning, Russ H's thread, Matt Todd's blog (set yourself sundays!!), Ryan Allis' powerpoint, and probably a few other random sources.

Once I made my 'why' and life goals, I broke them down backwards from 10 year to a few months. Then I make a list of major actionable steps. Prioritize them based on above resource methods, turn them into micro steps, plan my week.

Then it's just about keeping my a$$ in gear.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014

Neil Mayfield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jul 28, 2014
A lot of it might have to do with my work training, but i'm big on putting things into "projects" and then creating smaller tasks for each item.

the big thing for me is to set a deadline that i think is reasonable and then stick to it. If you dont set deadlines, nothing will get done.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.