The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you keep healthy?

G

GuestUser8117

I am making progress toward getting a better health:

I sleep approximately 8 hours.
I take walks.
I eat less junk food and more vegetables and seafoods. I love seafoods.
I try to see my best friend each weekend.
I drink tea and limit my coffee consumption to 1 cup each day.
I try to stay busy despite living with chronic fatigue...Everything seems really hard to accomplish when you are always tired. The meds may not help for that kind of problem.

Anyway thank you very much for your time and responses.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
ive been eating way to many chips... surest way to not be healthy :(

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Started eating a strictly paleo diet. Gaining muscle and losing body fat quickly.

Last edited:

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
Eating I try to keep my food ratio 30%Protein 30%fats and 40%carbs those are the macros so insulin levels don't spike and you crash. The carbs I try to eat slow digesting ones like whole grains.

Do some type of working out, be it running, walking, weights. As long that you get your heart rate up your body will start to be like holy shit alright time for some action wake up! Ha
if not at lease do some Restorative Yoga.

I actuality have a free pdf you can download at my site for food to help you out if you Would like, is under downloads. Ulysambrano.com

Or last option try cocain jk jk lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bono

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 15, 2015
It's a lifestyle thing.

Eat good wholesome foods, and not processed foods.
Exercise regularly/strength training
Cut back on caffeine and alcohol
Good supplementation - fish oils, 1g per % of body fat, so if you are 15% bf, 15g of fish oils
Vit C - I'm on 6g per day

Zinc
Magnesium
Vit D3 if you don't live somewhere sunny
Fry food it coconut oil
Eat low GI carbs like sweet potatoes
Loads of greens such as spinach and green beans
Try a powdered greens drink as supplementation

I have just started buying grass fed meats and I'm amazed at how much better I feel than just buying the stuff from the supermarket where the animals have been pumped with hormones and fed on grains etc.

For me, it's now just a way of life.

A lot has been written on here about the Paleo diet, and I'm considering following this as I'm almost there already.

Consistency, as with everything, is key and forming the right habits.

Get decent sleep - 6-8 hours as without this no diet or exercise regime in the world will sort your energy levels.

Don't listen to this, it's dangerous
The upper limit for Vitamin C is 2g's a day, if you take more you can develop a copper deficiency

&

The Dark Side of Over-doing Fish Oil Supplementation

Yes, Luke, there is always a dark side. In the world of unchecked marketing hype, fish oil has definitely gotten the “more is better” stamp. The problem is, EPA and DHA have a well-documented ability to suppress the body’s immune response. Although not as consistent as the immune effects, data also exist on the ability of EPA and DHA to increase bleeding time and oxidation. Let’s take a look at a couple of the published peer-reviewed research that no one in the fitness industry talks about.

Thies and colleagues examined the 12-week effect of various fatty acid supplement mixes on healthy subjects [19]. Various blends of placebo oil and oils rich in ALA, GLA, AA, DHA, or EPA (720mg) + DHA (280mg) were compared. Total fat intake from the 9-capsule dose was 4 g/d. The EPA/DHA treatment was the only one that had a negative effect on immunity, significantly decreasing natural killer cell activity by 48%. This effect was reversed after 4 weeks of ceasing intake of the supplement.

Rees and colleagues investigated the effects of various amounts of EPA on immune markers in young and older men [20]. In a 12-week study, EPA was incorporated into plasma and mononuclear cell phospholipids. Supplemental EPA in amounts of 1.35, 2.7, and 4.05g/day caused a dose-dependent decrease in neutrophil respiratory burst, indicating the suppression of a cellular defense against immunity threats. This effect was seen in the older, but not the younger men. Based on these and the previous data, if you’re not a spring chicken, and immunity is an issue, you might not want to go hog-wild on the fish oil dosing.

The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends at least two servings of fish per week for the general population. Think of a palm-sized piece as a serving. For those with high triacylglycerol levels, a supplemental 2-4g of combined EPA/DHA is their suggested therapeutic dose. However, note that caution is advised against supplementing more than 3g combined EPA/DHA outside of a physician’s care, since some individuals may risk excessive bleeding [21]. 3 g combined EPA/DHA typically is contained within 10 one-gram capsules. I recommend maxing out your whole food options first before going the supplemental route. There’s always more complete and synergistic nutrition contained within whole foods. Having 3-6 oz fatty fish a minimum of 4 times a week would exempt most healthy folks from needing fish oil supplementation. For those who can’t or won’t eat fish, there’s always fish oil capsules, which thankfully are inexpensive, and more convenient than getting your omega-3’s through fish.

http://alanaragon.com/fish-oil.html

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.