The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you guys come up with a viable business idea ?

Idea threads

Dieriba

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys,

I've been here for 1 months and after some action-faking and questionning about myself on what I've done so far, and what I've been doing wrong this whole time.
I noticed that I have a problem finding a business idea, and I think I'm not the only one I mean as a newbies my mind is being clouded by all thos digital agencies the thinking that I can only make money online.
Where does these thoughts come from ? What do you recommend to do me to see these business opportunities ? I know that I have to focus on people's problems, but I just don't know where to look. ("I've even try " I hate when, I am piss of") but i didn't find what I was looking for.
So how do I pick a niche, what question are you asking yourself, do you use special ressources ? Where do you look ? Is there a thing we're missing ?

I'm sorry if there's words mistakes

Thanks for reading.

PS: Being in this situation has made me thinking that I should start with something like web design to get my hands dirt and start doing something, but if I do that would I not miss business opportunities ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
Do you have something you want to improve for yourself? Maybe you know what was hard on of the industries you had experience with and that can be made simple. Or your friends struggle with something.
You can just pick up any niche you know a bit and ask people what they struggling with.

PS: Being in this situation has made me thinking that I should start with something like web design to get my hands dirt and start doing something, but if I do that would I not miss business opportunities ?
If you have the skills already then definitely do it. You would get things going and open yourself more opportunities from your clients. If already good with another skill, learning web design might not be the best option.

hyster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Apr 30, 2019
Once me and my friends started a challenge to generate 3 business ideas per day for a couple of weeks. This could be anything - ie. once I was trying to plug in a phone charger during night and couldn't reach the outlet, so I wrote down "SmartPlugs - plugs that you can easily plug in even in darkness" :D Some of them were stupid, some of them were infeasible, but eventually you will come up with something unusual. The important thing of that technique is that you are tuning yourself to noticing problems in world around you.

However, these are just ideas, the most important part is actual work, I guess.

poepe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 19, 2019
Follow your instincts and start with anything.
Remember you cant steer a ship that is not moving!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hyperion

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
May 28, 2019
The thing that has helped me to think of ideas is to change my thinking from 'business ideas' to just helping others. When I look around and see the things people struggle with while not thinking about it as a way to make money or build a sustainable business, ideas flow more easily. You can just start there and once you begin to pick up patterns, then switch your mindset to making a business out of it.

I've also noticed that when I try really hard to force my brain to be creative, my creativity turns off. It helps me to relax, stop taking it so seriously, and just observe the world.

I have yet to start a business and so I'm preaching to myself as well in this post, but at work, in regards to innovation, they emphasize to 'fail fast'. Just pick something reasonable that won't set you back too much financially and time, with the acceptance that it may fail. I think the learning experience is goal here. I know it's easier said than done, but hopefully some of these ideas were helpful.

To other, more experienced people, please either confirm, deny, or add to these ideas.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.