The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Do You Get Your News

D

DeletedUser394

Hola,

Well it's taken me a while, but I no longer watch TV. This brings up an interesting point for me. How do you guys and gals get your news (if at all)?

In this day and age, I would argue that TV News is the least efficient because;

a) you have no choice over content
b) you are subjected to advertisements every ten minutes or so (wasting your time and sanity)
c) the news is largerly used to create a fear culture, thereby ensuring an audience day after day.

Next least efficient would be the newspaper. At least you are able to better select your content (from a limited pool of information).

Finally, there is online news. This brings up a problem. How can you easily find the news topics you are interested in?

For example;

Pretend that I want to find news that only deals with Real Estate. Is there a way to link/subscribe to a feed of some kind that would send only Real Estate related content to my email inbox?

So ladies and gents, what kind of news do you listen/read/watch or do you not follow any at all?

Chao :cool:

Ryan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
I go to web sites like Politico.com for political news, CNN.com for general news and my local newspaper for local news. This saves me on newspaper subscriptions. I have magazine subscriptions however to some of my interests plus some business magazines. I don't really know of any real estate magazines, but Inc. and Success are very entrepreneurial.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Google news, Yahoo finance, Bloomberg, IBD, Financial Times

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Bloomberg, WSJ (Wall Street Journal) , Fox News , and Google News.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I have an MSN feed on the right side of my screen and click on headlines that interest me.

But the WSJ is great for business news, CNN, BBC, and Al Jazeera are the best networks.

I don't want all my information to be US centric, I like to know what the rest of the world is thinking.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I only read headline on CNN and some detail on News.com (technology).

People throw their finding about breaking news on Twitter. So I don't have to look for it.

Of course, when there is something new on this forum, I will read. That's all.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
What is this "news" you speak of? :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.