The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you get partnership with brands/businesses when you're not even started yet?

robruf

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 28, 2022
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place.

Let's pretend that a startup has a great and valid idea for a service. Thing is, in order to make this possibile, it needs to close parterships with other existing businesses. How do you get to those businesses and get those partnerships?

I'll use a real company as an example in order to explain myself better and try to avoid any misunderstanding:

let's take a company named Scalapay as an example. Scalapay is an italian startup who recently became the second ever italian unicorn. Their service allows people to buy stuff and pay in installments, with no interests at all. Even small amounts like 50 dollars can be divided into a few chunks and pay them monthly with no added interests.

Now, in order to offer their services, Scalapay had to reach out to ecommerces and make deals with them in order to be able to have their service listed as a payment option.

This is the part I am missing: how do you exactly reach out to big, estabilished brands/businesses when you're basically a nobody and get them to parter up with you?

I have an idea for a startup which I believe is really good, but in order to get started I would need to partner up with brands. How do you get to do something like that? Can investors help you with this as they surely would have a bigger and more valuable network then yours?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place.

Let's pretend that a startup has a great and valid idea for a service. Thing is, in order to make this possibile, it needs to close parterships with other existing businesses. How do you get to those businesses and get those partnerships?

I'll use a real company as an example in order to explain myself better and try to avoid any misunderstanding:

let's take a company named Scalapay as an example. Scalapay is an italian startup who recently became the second ever italian unicorn. Their service allows people to buy stuff and pay in installments, with no interests at all. Even small amounts like 50 dollars can be divided into a few chunks and pay them monthly with no added interests.

Now, in order to offer their services, Scalapay had to reach out to ecommerces and make deals with them in order to be able to have their service listed as a payment option.

This is the part I am missing: how do you exactly reach out to big, estabilished brands/businesses when you're basically a nobody and get them to parter up with you?

I have an idea for a startup which I believe is really good, but in order to get started I would need to partner up with brands. How do you get to do something like that? Can investors help you with this as they surely would have a bigger and more valuable network then yours?
It is always about what can you do for the companies that you want to partner with.

Frame it with their value in mind. "Companies in America are seeing conversion rates sky rocket 25% by offering installment payments through Quadpay and Klarna, now you can see the same results by partnering with Scalapay to offer interest free installments to your customers! Click here to schedule a meeting to see how we can help you grow your business 25% this year"

There is no reason you have to explain to them that they are the first business you are going to work with. Show them your strengths, not your weaknesses. Our team is strong because of ________, we have the backing of ________ investors, etc.

robruf

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 28, 2022
It is always about what can you do for the companies that you want to partner with.

Frame it with their value in mind. "Companies in America are seeing conversion rates sky rocket 25% by offering installment payments through Quadpay and Klarna, now you can see the same results by partnering with Scalapay to offer interest free installments to your customers! Click here to schedule a meeting to see how we can help you grow your business 25% this year"

There is no reason you have to explain to them that they are the first business you are going to work with. Show them your strengths, not your weaknesses. Our team is strong because of ________, we have the backing of ________ investors, etc.
I get your point, thanks. But how do you actually reach out to them? We're talking big brands here, you can't just send them an email I guess

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
I get your point, thanks. But how do you actually reach out to them? We're talking big brands here, you can't just send them an email I guess
You absolutely can email them. The size of the company doesn't matter, every company just consists of people. Get in contact with the right person.

The bigger the company the easier it is to find out who works for them. Check linkedin for employee names and positions, try to figure out the companies email structure (firstinitiallastname@google.com, firstnamelastime@google.com, etc) and send them an email. Run it through an email verification website to check if it is actually an email address first.

Write a few sentences only, people won't read paragraphs on why they should email you back. Make your point, and ask for a quick call

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FlyingDutchman

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 17, 2020
Haarlem, The Netherlands

You definitely can and should - have no fear!
LinkedIn DM's are a strong tool, as is email. As long as you make the intro very personal and in a style you'd reply to yourself. People like talking to people (not to a prospecting robot) and are always looking for ways how to improve life.

"Hi Luigi,

After exploring Scalapay and its value online I simply couldn't resist reaching out to you. Given the fact we're both aiming at (audience) in (region), I feel we can be of great value to our clients and each other.
You seem to be the right person to discuss with, is that right?

Are you available for a quick call this (day) at (time) to assess whether we truly are a perfect match?

Thank you and have a happy day!
Steven"

You can add things like "we already work with your neighbor and love it", "we have Jim as our common friend(s) and he loves what you do", or "we recently received an investment by ABC who mentioned you".

You absolutely can email them. The size of the company doesn't matter, every company just consists of people. Get in contact with the right person.

The bigger the company the easier it is to find out who works for them. Check linkedin for employee names and positions, try to figure out the companies email structure (firstinitiallastname@google.com, firstnamelastime@google.com, etc) and send them an email. Run it through an email verification website to check if it is actually an email address first.

Write a few sentences only, people won't read paragraphs on why they should email you back. Make your point, and ask for a quick call

This. And using a tool like Hunter.io gets you the right email address swiftly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.