- Joined
- Jun 23, 2014
- Messages
- 95
Rep Bank
$540
$540
User Power: 152%
I hate to make this kind of post, but I'd love to get some insight. I've searched online, and of course there are generic solutions and advice, but I know everyone here is really putting themselves on the line. I know your input means something. I promise I won't be that guy who asks for advice and ignores it. (https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-advice-if-you-aint-doing-shit-with-it.41826/)
I'm too angry. Mildly annoying things disgust me. Frustrating things infuriate me. My anger is like a leaky oil canister next to a box of matches. It's so easy to make me explode.
I'm too sad. I have $20 in my bank account. I'm broke. But today I found over 100 books in my grandma's closet that she wasn't using, so I threw some in my backpack and tried to go door to door selling them. I figured 1 hour of trying could be worth it. Of course I failed. I knew I'd probably fail. But afterward I felt so drained. I got in bed and didn't think I'd ever get up. I started watching "Success Porn," which is the catch-all term I use for shows like Shark Tank and MTV Cribs, or books like Steve Jobs's biography--stuff that lets you win vicariously by watching other people win.
How do you guys mitigate the impact of negative emotion on your ability to focus? How do you prepare for negative events that might make you feel bad? How do you prevent panicking? How do you stop yourself once you've started to panic?
I feel like I have a very tiny chance of ever succeeding. But that chance goes to 0 every time I lose it. Someone else here must know what that's like.
I'm too angry. Mildly annoying things disgust me. Frustrating things infuriate me. My anger is like a leaky oil canister next to a box of matches. It's so easy to make me explode.
I'm too sad. I have $20 in my bank account. I'm broke. But today I found over 100 books in my grandma's closet that she wasn't using, so I threw some in my backpack and tried to go door to door selling them. I figured 1 hour of trying could be worth it. Of course I failed. I knew I'd probably fail. But afterward I felt so drained. I got in bed and didn't think I'd ever get up. I started watching "Success Porn," which is the catch-all term I use for shows like Shark Tank and MTV Cribs, or books like Steve Jobs's biography--stuff that lets you win vicariously by watching other people win.
How do you guys mitigate the impact of negative emotion on your ability to focus? How do you prepare for negative events that might make you feel bad? How do you prevent panicking? How do you stop yourself once you've started to panic?
I feel like I have a very tiny chance of ever succeeding. But that chance goes to 0 every time I lose it. Someone else here must know what that's like.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
