The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I Start?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
In my classes, I have learned about management, finances, and other aspects of business, but the one thing I have not learned is how to actually bring a product into the market place.

is how do I go from an idea to an actual product I can sell?

First, I'd find out what you want to sell.

But it has to be based on a NEED, DEMAND, or a SOLUTION with value skew.

The reverse engineer from there.

That is the learning process. Google for answers. Buy books. Listen to similar minded podcasts. Trial and error. Get on the damn phone and call people.

IMO, everything depends on the solution you seek to architect.

That lights the way.

Welcome to the forum.

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
.... how do I go from an idea to an actual product I can sell?....
Well that greatly depends now doesn't it. Is it a tangible product or a software product? If you are a developer with a software idea, it will not take long for you to whip up a prototype at home to have family and friends try out and get feedback from. But if it is a tangible product with various parts to it, you have to start making an inventory of all the parts to see what you can easily acquire and what has to be fabricated. You have to get some type of prototype built and tested. An item you feel is going to change the world may not do so once tested in the real world. And don't let your idea be just that. An idea. You will never know what needs to be tweaked on it until its tested.

airwalk111

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 22, 2017
Missouri, United States
Hello everyone, I am currently in my second year of college, and I'm here studying Information Science and Technology. It has always been a dream of mine since early high school to start my own business (which is why I am taking the business classes I am), but as I am taking these classes I have learned there is a lot that I have no real understanding on.

I have several ideas for businesses that I have been told by many people they would love to see become a reality. What I do not understand, and what I'm hoping for some guidance on, is how do I go from an idea to an actual product I can sell?

In my classes, I have learned about management, finances, and other aspects of business, but the one thing I have not learned is how to actually bring a product into the market place. I do not have any mentors around me in my environment that I can go to for help, so I really do hope that I can find some guidance from people who have actual experience in doing this.

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.