The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I grow my business?

Idea threads

Dannyb

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 14, 2023
For context:
My name is Danny. I've spent years consulting with Fortune 500 companies such as Meta, Disney, & Fox News before I realized I can use these processes working on 8-9 figure projects in local businesses.
Now I have a digital agency that's grown from 0 leads a month to 3600 leads a month.
I saw this question multiple times so I wanted to answer it here. How do I grow my business?

There are 4 ways to generate leads for your business:
  1. Content Creation
  2. Cold Outreach
  3. Warm Outreach
  4. Paid Ads

I built a funnel for my business that automatically does this for me 24/7 so that I have the ability to scale. Generating leads transitions to sales. Sales is the lifeblood to your business.

The sales lifecycle should look like:
Generate leads > Nurture leads > Sell (Convert) > Deliver > Resell & Retain

Depending on where you are and what your budget is, you can choose to outsource what is low ROI tasks vs. high ROI tasks.

Generate leads:
How do you make known what is unknown to strangers? Create content about your product or service. Call or email strangers. Reach out to friends & family. Run ads to pay for those eyeballs to come to you.
For example, you can spend 100 minutes day creating content to promote your business then use software and automation like Manychat to capture lead contact information OR you can hire a virtual assistant from Upwork/Fiverr for like $3-$10 an hour to reply to messages and set up meetings for you.

Nurture leads:
Once you have the lead's contact information, the first 5 days are the MOST IMPORTANT. You have to build trust and authority within this time frame or any longer and they're not interested. Send text, mail, and calls to show your results and how it will help them. The goal is to get them on a call/meeting so you can start selling. You can use software like Apollo to send follow up emails.

Sell (Convert):
I use a 2-step sales framework. The first call is just to get information about them. Break the ice, learn about their current situation, their goals, and their problems. The more information you get, the better.
It's like you and the prospect have two bowls of candy. Every time they ask a question, you give a piece of candy away, but every time you ask a question, they give you a piece of candy. The goal is to get as much candy as possible while giving away a small amount of important pieces of candy.
The second call is to recap the previous conversation and share your process backed with market data and the price.
After you say the price, DON'T SAY ANYTHING. Whoever talk's first loses. Let them think about what you said and digest it in their heads. This is will help them analyze the information to make a decision. If a prospect feels rushed or confused, they will not make a decision.
Record your sales calls and iterate. This is about becoming 1% better, not being the best off the bat.

Deliver:
The FIRST 90 days determines your relationship. Make the onboarding process as easy as possible once they pay. Send them a quick win, like a hand-written letter or a "lead magnet" (more on this later). Keep in contact at least twice a week through text to build the relationship. The goal is to make the whole process as positive as possible so they have a great experience.
Use a project management tool like Notion to record tasks and Slack for communication with your client.

Resell/Retain:
After you delivered your product or service, collect a testimonial. Share the results to the world and figure out how you can sell to your existing client base. Is it to offer a service/product that is the next step? For example, if I sell web design services, the next step would be to sell paid ads services to generate traffic to the website. It's easier to sell to someone you already have a good relationship with rather than finding another prospect and building the relationship again.

I've used this exact funnel to grow my business from under $1,000/month to over $10,000 a month. I've also used this to help other businesses increase their traffic by 132% and 2-4x their revenue.

There's much more I want to write, but I don't have time. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message or reply in the comments.
cheers,
danny

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BrightAhead

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Dec 22, 2023
So your business makes a whole 120k per year in gross revenue? My Lord, that is a huge chunk of change! Nobody here makes that much. I can see why you would want to sneak an ad here, a place known for not allowing it.

How can we hire your services, so we can invest in reaching those astronomical numbers?

Last edited:

Dannyb

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 14, 2023
So your business makes a whole 120k per year in gross revenue? My Lord, that is a huge chunk of change! Nobody here makes that much. I can see why you would want to sneak an ad here, a place known for not allowing it.

How can we hire your services, so we can invest in reaching those astronomical numbers?
Thanks for the support! It may not be much to you, but I'm glad I managed to get this growth in under a year :) Hope you have a great day.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
632%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
My name is Danny. I've spent years consulting with Fortune 500 companies such as Meta, Disney, & Fox News before I realized I can use these processes working on 8-9 figure projects in local businesses.
Now I have a digital agency that's grown from 0 leads a month to 3600 leads a month.
Only an absolute sociopath could take a tiny little lead gen agency, summarize an Alex Hormozi book, and then dress it up with these metrics and descriptions in such a fancy BS way.

Being the janitor at Apple headquarters doesn’t mean you “worked in the c-suite of apple” because you went into the corner offices to clean the floors at night.

You sound like real estate agents that say they’ve sold thousands and thousands of square feet (1 home in the last 4 years) when talking about their experience.

Oh yes, tell me about the last 10 million dollar project you “worked on” for a local business. Was it being a construction worker on a freeway expansion project, flipping signs?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Nov 21, 2016
Laughable attempt at making up a BS story to self-advertise. So you average $2.78 per lead working on 8-9 figure projects?

Either put in the work on a real business you don't have to lie about or stick to a job.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Look, man...

This forum is different than Facebook or social media world... there are real entrepreneurs here who have real businesses.

You made a major mistake coming in trying to position yourself as superior. Nobody here does that (no matter how much money they've made).

I must be in a mood tonight, so I'm sorry for what I'm about to do...

I hope after this you can reintroduce yourself and we can be friends.

For context:

1. Ok cool, you worked at KPMG and Deloitte. Most people on this forum don't even know what those firms are, let alone be able to call you out on you were 1 of 475,000 people there. It's cool to be a part of the big 4 but nobody here even knows there IS a big 4...

So yes, creative writing skills make you sound important "working for Fortune 500 companies."

I have also worked with over 1,000 of the Fortune 5000... meaning, I walked into their office and did a free training and seminars to sell them even more training and seminar tickets. Let's be honest.

In fact, I've done that to over 5,000 different companies... MULTIPLE times... (does that count as ongoing training and consulting?)

In the past 16 years now, I can say I've been hired DIRECTLY by clients as a consultant and/or marketing director by 70ish companies... as a fulltime gig... as one of the self-proclaimed best marketers on the planet... that's like 4-5 a year.

2. I love how the new thing to say is "8 and 9 figure companies" and how it very quickly went from I help 5-6 figure companies... to 6-7 figure companies... to 7-8 figure companies... and now people honestly think they've even SEEN a 9 figure company let alone done work for one.

Best I've ever done was work DIRECTLY IN executive marketing positions for 2 big gurus who did 168 million and 202 million for the year... I can can only honestly say I directly contributed to less than 8% of the first one and 5% of the second one... and I was in charge... Again, let's be honest.

P.S. according to google there's only approximately 60,000 businesses on the PLANET that do $100MM or more annually... or are we doing the ClickFunnels math of "I've made a billion dollars! ... if I add up every single person I've ever seen on the internet and take credit for their work!"

I saw this question multiple times so I wanted to answer it here. How do I grow my business?

There are 4 ways to generate leads for your business:
  1. Content Creation

I've hired a lot of content creation coaches lately just trying to understand organic reach -- because if you look at my stuff, I sure as hell DON'T get organic...

But this 9 followers on IG...

1706235072426.png

1,100 purchased on Facebook...

1706236284355.png
0 interaction on either except for some guy named Baron Lai on all your posts...

Then I thought, well he's a corporate guy, must be big on LinkedIn:
1706236471157.png

1 post from a year ago. 1 from 3 years ago.

To give you credit you DO comment on a lot of stuff.

I'm still learning linkedin so I just don't get it.

1. Cold Outreach

The 3,600 leads per month HAVE to be coming from somewhere... maybe here?

1. Warm Outreach

... or here?

Because they aren't coming from ads...

1706235104995.png

... and your calendar has only 1 slot booked for the next 7 days:

1706236065871.png

I built a funnel for my business that automatically does this for me 24/7 so that I have the ability to scale. Generating leads transitions to sales. Sales is the lifeblood to your business.

The sales lifecycle should look like:
Generate leads > Nurture leads > Sell (Convert) > Deliver > Resell & Retain

THIS funnel/website is producing 3,600 leads per month? Even if you weere booking 10% of those people on calls that would mean you're doing 360 calls a month -- and since it's just you on the calendar... shouldn't this calendar be completely blocked? Granted, that's only eighteen 15 minute calls per day... 4.5 hours a day of calls. that's not so many...

But man you must be cranking on these.

18 calls a day... what are you closing? 10%? I've seen worse, I guess. But I would expect 10-15% at a minimum.

So you're closing 1-2 per day... that's 30-60 sales per month... and you're making $10k per month... so you're charing $166-$333 per project?

MAYBE you are doing lead gen for them.

You've got 3-4 of these realtors in the city and you're selling leads. Maybe that's how you're doing it.

Maybe that's what you're talking about -- you're generating 3,600 leads who clicked on a real estate ad for a realtor and you're claiming them as your own?

Still confused but that sounds more accurate.

Depending on where you are and what your budget is, you can choose to outsource what is low ROI tasks vs. high ROI tasks.

I'll ignore the regugitated advice from every business book printed in the last 50 years. Too easy of a talking point, too ubiquitous. "outsource stuff" - sounds smart. show me someone who does it well, long term.

Generate leads:
How do you make known what is unknown to strangers? Create content about your product or service. Call or email strangers. Reach out to friends & family. Run ads to pay for those eyeballs to come to you.

I don't see your ads... are you just cold emailing/calling?

Are they booking on a separate calendar?

For example, you can spend 100 minutes day creating content to promote your business then use software and automation like Manychat to capture lead contact information OR you can hire a virtual assistant from Upwork/Fiverr for like $3-$10 an hour to reply to messages and set up meetings for you.

I read Alex's books, too. Yes, 100 outreaches, 100 minutes, 100 things... and then just automate magically and hire a $3/hour Filipino to set up high-end meetings with New York brokers...

Nurture leads:
Once you have the lead's contact information, the first 5 days are the MOST IMPORTANT. You have to build trust and authority within this time frame or any longer and they're not interested. Send text, mail, and calls to show your results and how it will help them. The goal is to get them on a call/meeting so you can start selling. You can use software like Apollo to send follow up emails.

I went back to find your nuture sequences but there's no email sign up... maybe I'm on the wrong page....

Sell (Convert):
I use a 2-step sales framework. The first call is just to get information about them. Break the ice, learn about their current situation, their goals, and their problems. The more information you get, the better.
It's like you and the prospect have two bowls of candy. Every time they ask a question, you give a piece of candy away, but every time you ask a question, they give you a piece of candy. The goal is to get as much candy as possible while giving away a small amount of important pieces of candy.

If this is your sales process... I see why you're making $10k/month... I don't know how you're surviving in the city on that income, my friend. Time to up your sales game. You're in a city of killers.

The second call is to recap the previous conversation and share your process backed with market data and the price.
After you say the price, DON'T SAY ANYTHING. Whoever talk's first loses. Let them think about what you said and digest it in their heads. This is will help them analyze the information to make a decision. If a prospect feels rushed or confused, they will not make a decision.

Oh Jesus, man... now I KNOW you can't sell.

Deliver:
The FIRST 90 days determines your relationship.

You're absolutely right.

Make the onboarding process as easy as possible once they pay. Send them a quick win, like a hand-written letter or a "lead magnet" (more on this later). Keep in contact at least twice a week through text to build the relationship. The goal is to make the whole process as positive as possible so they have a great experience.
Use a project management tool like Notion to record tasks and Slack for communication with your client.

Why would you send someone a lead magnet if they just paid you??? How is that making onboarding easy?

"Now if you'll just read my 52 page report on the mating habits of moles and how it relates to marketing your real estate business..."

I've used this exact funnel to grow my business from under $1,000/month to over $10,000 a month. I've also used this to help other businesses increase their traffic by 132% and 2-4x their revenue.

I don't see your exact funnel anywhere?

There's much more I want to write, but I don't have time.

If only we had it...

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message or reply in the comments.
cheers,
danny

I have so many questions...

Sorry to break your heart, my man... but nobody cares how cool you are here. These are normal people building normal businesses. The posturing doesn't help you at all.

If you want to start over, I'm sure there's plenty of people here who would give you some tips and/or brainstorm with you about how to clean up all of this...

... or you can decide I am a complete idiot and just some troll on the internet (totally possible).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.