The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I change my mindset to go from old to new business venture

bonkers123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I have been selling cases for about 1-2 years now and although my profit is good it takes FOREVER for me to get some sales in and I feel like it is taking a lot of time out of me...I sell variety of cases for laptops such as apple, iphone, black berry cases, etc...All these cases make me good profit but the amount of time I am spending on it and the amount of sales I get each month makes me feel that it is not worth doing any more and maybe I should start another business? I feel that the business is not going any where and that the more I focus on it and the amount of effort I am putting into it, it is not going any where...I feel that I should start spending more of my time on another business venture that doesn't just focus on CASES alone...I feel that just selling cases there is no room for creativity and brand where I can expand my own line of products and that I am stuck selling items for another company such as Apple...Should I focus my mindset on another venture or continue with the cases and try to expand it further? I feel the market is soo crowded with all these cases it is hard to compete and make enough sales to go FASTLANE!........I guess my real question is how do I CHANGE MY MINDSET and get out of thinking of cases cases cases " this is the only thing you can do" mentality and start thinking that I can do another business that can be successful as well? Please help...thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Re: How do I change my mindset to go from old to new business ven

well, on matters of the mind, you gotta really empower yourself. people can tell you a million things to do, but at the end of the day. you are going to have to do it yourself. i remember replying to your older post. how do you stand up? your mind makes yourself stand. so use your mind and tell yourself that it's time to shift. you just do it. perhaps the reason you haven't changed your mind is because you are unsure of what to do next.

well, start exploring things on the side, and find something you can do. then get into it, and once you see results, you can leave the case business along. an example, and only an example. i'm not a fan of blogging, but many people here are into it. so let's say you come up with idea of a hot topic to blog about which you believe might draw a lot of people. spend $20 and register a site and get hosting. you spend a day, and download and install wordpress. you spend maybe 30minutes each day writing your blogs. after say 20 solid articles, 20 days later, you start promoting em on the web, doing SEO, etc. by the time it's in the 2 months mark. you may have 50+ blog entries, and even a bunch of users. you can look at the result and say, "Hey, this thing is actually taking off!" it will give you a stronger incentive to do something else, start something else small.

Not having an idea of what to do is not good, because "something is better than nothing" and while you may not like the idea of selling cases, right now, your mind is telling you that it is worth something and better than nothing, cuz you have nothing else to do. This is why people have a hard time quitting their jobs to start a business, because they don't have any solid ideas in their mind. It's not smart to quit your job to start a business when you have no idea of what you are going to do next. however, it's smart to quit if you have come up with an idea that you can do yourself.

So the question then comes down to, "how do I find a good business idea?" there are plenty thread on this forum. But the simply way to put it, is to solve existing problems better, to provide value to others.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.