The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I begin developing the entrepreneurial mindset to get started

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ranjit Cherian

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 7, 2018
India
Hi all, I've just finished reading the millionaire fastlane . I understand the concept of adding value to the market to become a successful entrepreneur.

I want to elaborate two incidents:
1) I live in Mumbai and use suburban trains commute to a job. One day as I was sitting on the train which was about to departure I realised that my monthly pass had just passed its expiry date and would have to renew it. As I still had the time I got off the train and went to the ticketing queue to get it renewed.
As I was standing in a queue I started to think about why haven't the railways introduced an app to book tickets and monthly passes online.it would surely benefit the passengers and save time instead of waiting in queues.
So I searched online and found that the railways had already created an app 3 years ago and I assumed that since the commuters were not aware-they were not using it.
A couple of days later i saw an article in the local news paper The Mumbai Mirror 30Jan 2018
IMG_20180218_123702.jpg
that there were glitctwitht the app so I decided to work on that problem.
Then I read MJ's commandments CENTS. Control, Entry, Need Time and Scale

Sure the resolving of the issues would definitely meet the markets (commuters) need. And scale means that as the article noted that only 19000 out of 80 lakh daily local train commuters were using this app. Imagine if the app would have worked as intended it would have served its purpose to a wide range of consumers.

The cons were that the entry is easy. I mean there are thousands of app builders who can rectify this issue and solve this problem easily so entry is diluted. Next is the commandment of Control. The government controls the railways anise in control of what must be implemented and what not. Even if the appus successful; the govt can revert to its old methods of manual ticket booking when it's faced with opposition from the railway unions.

2) A few days later I was commuting to work and I was watching a downloaded video. Usually people watch videos placing their smartphones on lap andsit in poor posture. So I thought why not create a devicein which the smartphone can be enclosed and the viewer can watch whatever they want without any distractions as they will wear this device like a Virtual Reality gear but cheaper and which will accommodate any smartphone build.

Upon reaching office I searched about this and Google alreadyselling it's stuff online

I felt really stupid and foolish about myself. Now Its been quite some time I wanted to talk about the same feeling MJ felt sitting in the limo in the blizzard. I feel stuck in the slowlane and feel wheather I can escape this?

Can someone help me change my depressing mindset by guiding me exactly what I need to do to expand my vision and learn to identity/spot opportunities.

It would be of immense help if someone who was exactly in my situation who got out of the rut and escaped the slowlane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome.

Yes, I understand your feelings. It is crushing to stay in a gloomy environment.

Continue looking and thinking. You haven't really seen much yet!

Places to look for ideas to improve on:
- Your workplace, what tools or services are not working well?
- The company you work for-are there tons of customer complaints that the management pays no attention to?
- Your home- are there household wares that don't work properly?

And much more!

Continue to explore and read around this place. Read the GOLD and NOTABLE threads... they should give you some insights.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.