Hello All!
First my intro: 25, Software Engineer in Florida, USA. I've dabbled with entrepreneurship since I was 15 - first go at it was trying to start a flyer distribution business. Most recent attempt was selling phone cases. Many things in between. None of which I'd considered good businesses but I do consider good learning lessons. I graduated college a few years back with a degree in Business Admin/Marketing. Did sales for a year then followed my passion into a software position where I am working now.
Now that I've been in the career workforce 3 years or so and actually have ample finances (even after saving at a high rate) the concept of 'golden handcuffs' has become clearer. This has ignited my passion to get going again.
One Year Plan:
Optional: If I have time between those three things I will dabble with an seo site. I would use a concept someone brought to my attention renting out high ranking pages to businesses.
First Step Progress:
Reselling Business: Ordered 3 samples from Alibaba ($20). Have custom packaging samples being sent to me ($0). Next: Look for more samples, being branding process by coming up with a name that targets my market.
Video Game: Making progress, I have the core of the engine up now. So far I can move my little character on the screen by clicking the mouse and he is animated. Initial map generation up and the first portion of server -> client communication up so I am now displaying current players on the server to the player.
Rental Property: Began very preliminary research into my local market.
I will target bi-weekly updates here.
First my intro: 25, Software Engineer in Florida, USA. I've dabbled with entrepreneurship since I was 15 - first go at it was trying to start a flyer distribution business. Most recent attempt was selling phone cases. Many things in between. None of which I'd considered good businesses but I do consider good learning lessons. I graduated college a few years back with a degree in Business Admin/Marketing. Did sales for a year then followed my passion into a software position where I am working now.
Now that I've been in the career workforce 3 years or so and actually have ample finances (even after saving at a high rate) the concept of 'golden handcuffs' has become clearer. This has ignited my passion to get going again.
One Year Plan:
- I am going to start a successful an Amazon Reselling/Shopify business.
- I am going to launch a multiplayer video game.
- I am going to purchase a house to serve as rental property.
Optional: If I have time between those three things I will dabble with an seo site. I would use a concept someone brought to my attention renting out high ranking pages to businesses.
First Step Progress:
Reselling Business: Ordered 3 samples from Alibaba ($20). Have custom packaging samples being sent to me ($0). Next: Look for more samples, being branding process by coming up with a name that targets my market.
Video Game: Making progress, I have the core of the engine up now. So far I can move my little character on the screen by clicking the mouse and he is animated. Initial map generation up and the first portion of server -> client communication up so I am now displaying current players on the server to the player.
Rental Property: Began very preliminary research into my local market.
I will target bi-weekly updates here.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
