The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hit a Rough Bump w/ Instagram Sales

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

avilux

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 8, 2016
Hello everyone. I've been in social media for the past few years, and have created and managed and eventually sold many viral accounts on a wide variety of platforms. I never got to keep my progress though. I'd either lose the accounts (disabled/banned) or I'd sell too early and blow the money. I've had YT channels with millions of viewers daily, large IG's in a plethora of niches, highly profitable Twitter accounts, etc. There was just many, many points I could've milked the cow completely. And yet I never fully did, and here I am, with a few dollars in the bank. I used to have days where within 24 hours I'd go from zero to a few thousand dollars on the monitor before my eyes. But it was risky. There'd be lots of days where nothing would be made. So, when I got offered a wonderful job at the end of last year in an industry I'm passionate in, I gladly accepted. Provides some safety. My social media skills were able to get the company a couple hundred thousand targeted followers. A few large accounts were taken down, however I have hopes that some will still be recovered (as there's been some success with that in the past). As of right now, my job's been put on hold however. As when the company's products went live, and my job shifted from just growing accounts to focusing on conversions and sales solely, things didn't go too well. Zero sales. Hundreds of thousands of eyeballs viewing a product, and yet zero sales. And now see, it's not like I'm inexperienced. I've also had a site that dabbled with affiliate marketing. I've had plenty of good weeks with that. And I personally believe I am able to close some sales, it's just I'm doing something wrong as of late. I've got plenty of ideas, but I don't have any more time to test out which one works, and which one's a failure. And my company wouldn't be willing to give any more funding, unless I know for a fact something will work. The product and the company are great. The accounts could be better, they've been slacking as of the past few weeks (just got into a slump after the whole big fat ZERO popped up), however they're still very valuable. The accounts definitely have plenty of clients hidden within them, it's just.. do I have the power to unlock them? Or will that job have to go to someone else who has more skills than I do. I know you don't lose, until you give up.. but I'm just not sure about my sense of direction anymore. It's not a straight, burning arrow. I feel like I've lost my burning flame within me for social media somehow, although I know deep down, somewhere it's still lit.

And so to wrap this up, and being a new member to the forum (finally decided to join after the other forums I was part of grew old), I have to ask: Would you burn the bridges and walk away from opportunities presented right before you, to pursue something else? I'm not sure how I'll be able to pay for rent and the bills, along with the fact that school's still in session. I'm just rather stunned at the lack of sales, as I know it's a direct result of my lack of something. Somewhere I screwed up. But I've looked at so many avenues and still cannot pinpoint where.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.