avilux
New Contributor
- Joined
- Apr 8, 2016
- Messages
- 15
Rep Bank
$135
$135
User Power: 80%
Hello everyone. I've been in social media for the past few years, and have created and managed and eventually sold many viral accounts on a wide variety of platforms. I never got to keep my progress though. I'd either lose the accounts (disabled/banned) or I'd sell too early and blow the money. I've had YT channels with millions of viewers daily, large IG's in a plethora of niches, highly profitable Twitter accounts, etc. There was just many, many points I could've milked the cow completely. And yet I never fully did, and here I am, with a few dollars in the bank. I used to have days where within 24 hours I'd go from zero to a few thousand dollars on the monitor before my eyes. But it was risky. There'd be lots of days where nothing would be made. So, when I got offered a wonderful job at the end of last year in an industry I'm passionate in, I gladly accepted. Provides some safety. My social media skills were able to get the company a couple hundred thousand targeted followers. A few large accounts were taken down, however I have hopes that some will still be recovered (as there's been some success with that in the past). As of right now, my job's been put on hold however. As when the company's products went live, and my job shifted from just growing accounts to focusing on conversions and sales solely, things didn't go too well. Zero sales. Hundreds of thousands of eyeballs viewing a product, and yet zero sales. And now see, it's not like I'm inexperienced. I've also had a site that dabbled with affiliate marketing. I've had plenty of good weeks with that. And I personally believe I am able to close some sales, it's just I'm doing something wrong as of late. I've got plenty of ideas, but I don't have any more time to test out which one works, and which one's a failure. And my company wouldn't be willing to give any more funding, unless I know for a fact something will work. The product and the company are great. The accounts could be better, they've been slacking as of the past few weeks (just got into a slump after the whole big fat ZERO popped up), however they're still very valuable. The accounts definitely have plenty of clients hidden within them, it's just.. do I have the power to unlock them? Or will that job have to go to someone else who has more skills than I do. I know you don't lose, until you give up.. but I'm just not sure about my sense of direction anymore. It's not a straight, burning arrow. I feel like I've lost my burning flame within me for social media somehow, although I know deep down, somewhere it's still lit.
And so to wrap this up, and being a new member to the forum (finally decided to join after the other forums I was part of grew old), I have to ask: Would you burn the bridges and walk away from opportunities presented right before you, to pursue something else? I'm not sure how I'll be able to pay for rent and the bills, along with the fact that school's still in session. I'm just rather stunned at the lack of sales, as I know it's a direct result of my lack of something. Somewhere I screwed up. But I've looked at so many avenues and still cannot pinpoint where.
And so to wrap this up, and being a new member to the forum (finally decided to join after the other forums I was part of grew old), I have to ask: Would you burn the bridges and walk away from opportunities presented right before you, to pursue something else? I'm not sure how I'll be able to pay for rent and the bills, along with the fact that school's still in session. I'm just rather stunned at the lack of sales, as I know it's a direct result of my lack of something. Somewhere I screwed up. But I've looked at so many avenues and still cannot pinpoint where.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
