The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hire Others to do the Work

Anything related to matters of the mind

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia
I can't stop myself from thinking this way.
Why would I need the knowledge of sales, design, copy and other
Why not just hire the people that are experienced in the type of work where you need help?
  • Do you need sales? Hire a salesperson
  • Do you need starting capital? Hire someone that will help you get it.
  • Do you need a product to sell? Hire a product development guy/team.
A lot of people want to create something, they are just scared of the risk that comes with it.
So what do you have to do? Give them a goal, a place to work and have a vision on what the company could be...
Or just hire a CEO?
Anything else?

I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.
What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

daftypunk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 29, 2020
Asia
Why not just hire the people that are experienced in the type of work where you need help?
A lot of people want to create something, they are just scared of the risk that comes with it.
So what do you have to do? Give them a goal, a place to work and have a vision on what the company could be...
Or just hire a CEO?
Anything else?

What do you think?

You need money to hire the person who gets you the capital.

But with this mindset you won't go anywhere anyways. If you aren't willing to put it in the hard work to achieve your goals you are useless to yourself and the world.

That isn't to say outsourcing is bad. Its smart to do but only when you have established a solid foundation.

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia
You need money to hire the person who gets you the capital.

But with this mindset you won't go anywhere anyways. If you aren't willing to put it in the hard work to achieve your goals you are useless to yourself and the world.

That isn't to say outsourcing is bad. Its smart to do but only when you have established a solid foundation.

I agree. You have to be ready to do the work yourself.
I was just thinking out loud.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 11, 2019
Or just hire a CEO?
Anything else?

What do you think?

I'm definitely not among the most experienced on the forum, but let me ask you a couple of counter questions:
How has this worked for you?
Have you hired people for any of the mentioned (or other areas)? What was the outcome?

Outsourcing is a viable business model. Just think of all the 'marketing agencies' that rely only on freelancers. An analogy would be - dropshipping services.

Though, you definitely need a great skillset to build and manage such teams. You will also struggle if you don't have at least a decent general understanding of the service provided.

Also, do you know how much it costs to hire a sales person? Or a development team?
And the vetting process? How to generate a positive return, and actually, hire a decent person?

Overall, sure, hiring is essential for scaling, but I think you have simplified it a little too much.

I'm now in the process of hiring few people. Now, if I had unlimited budget, it would be quite easy, but with a set budget I need to stick to, the whole process of getting a great balance between - affordable and skilled is quite tricky.

Of course, theoretically, you could hire a development team, a marketing team, sales people, a ceo and outsource all financial & accounting services. Now, when you think of it practically..

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Do you have any experiencing hiring and managing people. A great part of the time you just created massive amount of work for yourself.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Uh, yeh I mean. If you have the money why not just buy a company? or wait, shares in an already existing company! lifehax!

Seriously though, obviously if its some specific activity with a huge learning curve like you need software built from scratch then yeh maybe hire out (unless thats your entire business idea, in which case partner with a software dev) , what are you bringing to the table though?

surely a self made millionaire should have some skill or talent? close the deal no one else could? real affable so easy to get investors? visionary insight into the market of tommorow?

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia
I'm definitely not among the most experienced on the forum, but let me ask you a couple of counter questions:
How has this worked for you?
Have you hired people for any of the mentioned (or other areas)? What was the outcome?

Outsourcing is a viable business model. Just think of all the 'marketing agencies' that rely only on freelancers. An analogy would be - dropshipping services.

Though, you definitely need a great skillset to build and manage such teams. You will also struggle if you don't have at least a decent general understanding of the service provided.

Also, do you know how much it costs to hire a sales person? Or a development team?
And the vetting process? How to generate a positive return, and actually, hire a decent person?

Overall, sure, hiring is essential for scaling, but I think you have simplified it a little too much.

I'm now in the process of hiring few people. Now, if I had unlimited budget, it would be quite easy, but with a set budget I need to stick to, the whole process of getting a great balance between - affordable and skilled is quite tricky.

Of course, theoretically, you could hire a development team, a marketing team, sales people, a ceo and outsource all financial & accounting services. Now, when you think of it practically..

More or less I was thinking out loud. I got myself curious if you could ride the system so hard to only use your leverage.
So I wanted to get some feedback on how you guys think about that
Do you have any experiencing hiring and managing people. A great part of the time you just created massive amount of work for yourself.

Yes of course I'm not saying there won't be work for you. But that your only focus would be on hiring the right people...
Uh, yeh I mean. If you have the money why not just buy a company? or wait, shares in an already existing company! lifehax!

Seriously though, obviously if its some specific activity with a huge learning curve like you need software built from scratch then yeh maybe hire out (unless thats your entire business idea, in which case partner with a software dev) , what are you bringing to the table though?

surely a self made millionaire should have some skill or talent? close the deal no one else could? real affable so easy to get investors? visionary insight into the market of tommorow?

Yes, my focus would be on marketing, sales and production.

Wil22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jun 8, 2020
Philadelphia,Pa
Or just hire a CEO?
Anything else?

What do you think?

I outsource specific functions. So far its worked well b/c I have great contractors working form me. If you have the money I'd say go ahead hire. But BEFORE you do conduct a behavioral assessment to uncover the personality and traits you are getting. Some may be a good fit for you and the biz culture. But others (lazy, unmotivated, not willing to learn, no integrity etc) may not fit with you or your biz. Find out before you make the offer. You'll never find these traits, character, personality from a resume, interview or background check.

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia
I outsource specific functions. So far its worked well b/c I have great contractors working form me. If you have the money I'd say go ahead hire. But BEFORE you do conduct a behavioral assessment to uncover the personality and traits you are getting. Some may be a good fit for you and the biz culture. But others (lazy, unmotivated, not willing to learn, no integrity etc) may not fit with you or your biz. Find out before you make the offer. You'll never find these traits, character, personality from a resume, interview or background check.

Or maybe imagine like this I like learning by getting myself in the game first and doing it my way the way I understand it should be done. After I do my part if it doesn't work and I don't know what to do to make it better I would hire the person that is specialized for this I would follow their process of cleaning my shit up and learning at the same time.

This approach isn't meant for every task but for some I think is pretty useful.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
You do have the right thinking, delegation is a big part of business, and at the end of the day as entrepreneurs the goal is to completely disconnect our time from income.

That being said, it's NOT an excuse to avoid learning these skills, you don't exactly need to be the best person out there in XX skill, although having a base knowledge of it is necessary when hiring someone to do the task, Mark Cuban talked about this somewhere on a podcast.

I'm not at this stage in my entrepreneur career, but I know for a fact that there are people that are smarter than me out there or better at certain skills, and hiring people that are better than you is one of those golden nuggets of success. Imagine the value of hiring MJ to design websites for you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.