The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

High school student: I'm quitting my job tomorrow!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

odai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 4, 2013
Kansas City
It appears you're implying that people who say Skrillex isn't dubstep are people that are against innovation. That's not true. He just simply doesn't play it. As far as I'm concerned, the only ones who do say he plays it are the ones who jumped into the fake MTV "dubstep" hype and listen to other mainstream music like Drake (fake hip-hop by the way; just pop with rapping). Anyway if you didn't know, dubstep is short for (Jamaican) dub + (UK) 2-step garage. That's what it is -- a fusion between those two. I hardly hear it in Skrillex.

Fair enough, I thought you were making a different point. I actually used to rap and produce electronic music (gave it up to devote more time to getting rich), so I understand the technical distinction between what Kode 9 makes and what Datsik makes. But the English language is a democracy, so if the majority of people start saying "Orange" to refer to apples, doesn't the meaning of the word orange change? (If you want to be an apple salesman, yes.)

I guess more what I'm asking is: Whenever I mention liking Skrillex at a party or somewhere, inevitably someone has to look down their nose at me and say, "You know, he doesn't really make Dubstep". And what I want to know is, why do they care? Is it just about feeling superior to me, or does it really bug them that much? (It bugs me, I'll admit, but I'm the one being condescended at.)

To address the topic of college in this thread, I agree that college doesn't guarantee a career, and I agree that student loan debt is toxic and should be avoided like the plague (remember, that debt can never be forgiven, even through bankruptcy).

But if you have a local community college, you should at least check it out and see if it's any good. The one I'm attending is high-quality and cheap enough that I can pay for classes in cash, and while I could have learned all of this stuff researching online or at the library, it would have taken me dozens of hours to find it all (not to mention the utility of being able to ask the teacher questions and getting a direct answer, rather than having to piece together the answer from various books).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

em1L

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 19, 2013
Sweden
Hej Bits!
I read your thread, and I follow your wish to quit your job. I quit my job in August 2012, and that was when things started to take off.I think what most people here don't realise is the safety net we have in Denmark, you will never end up without any money, there is always the support of the financial system where the minimum is about 1000USD pr. month. So we aren't really in any risk of never being able to have a roof over our heads and a place to stay.We are more spoiled, and to kickstart things one sometimes just need to take the first step, and see where it leads. You cannot always see the end goal before you, but if you take the first step, the next step will show really fast. I also felt that my job working 37 hours at a desk, with a huge pay check, was limiting me from doing what I wanted. Even though it meant saving up a lot of money, it was just to dreadful and energy consuming for me to be able to focus on anything but that.

I look forward to following your progress. I have been living in Denmark most of my life. I live in Sweden at the moment, but I might come back to Copenhagen anytime again.

I wish you good luck with your endeavours :)

G

GuestUser156

I'm busy with school these days. Too many assignments to focus on other stuff ... I have only had time to work for two hours with SEO, since I quit my other job.
I have contacted a few suppliers of a product of high demand, which is not yet introduced to the market in Scandinavia. Interesting if I can get a sample here within a few weeks.

G

GuestUser156

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I have no more assignments for the next week.

- Just had coffee yesterday with a 23-year-old friend who's a self-made millionaire. Got a lot of ideas for what I should do with my education and new business ideas.
- My best friend's dad (betting company multi-millionaire, owner of multiple cafés) has agreed on mentoring me. He offered his help in 2013, but I declined because I was too confused and stressed out about my future to take in any outside help. Should have said yes.
- One of my dad's friends agreed to talk on Tuesday. He's been importing from China for around four years, so he should be able to help me out with logistics.

Have a nice weekend everyone. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:
G

GuestUser156

I have been consulting business plans and marketing strategies with a big company for the last month or so. Even though my experience in business is limited, I have discovered, that I am great at finding and solving problems for other businesses, when it comes to their online presence and general marketing. I see stuff they don't and somehow come up with great solutions to their problems.

More SEO clients are coming in, but it's all project-based consulting and not monthly payments. Right now I'm working on getting new customers, who will pay for my service monthly. Lastly, I am trying to find talented people, I can outsource the work to. I have got a few referrals and can get new $50+ per hour projects in fairly easily, but I don't have the time for it myself right now because of high school.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.