The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi!

TeflonDon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Jan 9, 2013
England
Hi there everyone :) Thought it's about time I introduced myself, as I've been lurking and learning for a while and hope to get a bit more serious about this in the not too distant future. I'm unsure what to put here really, other than that I look forward to learning from many of you and hope I can give something of value in return at some point.

I'm 27 years old, from the West Midlands, UK, and have four children. My past experience is pretty limited although I have dabbled in a few online ventures of my own. At those times, I didn't have the vision or desire to push very far with them and they eventually came to an end. Having said that, I did manage to get a little experience in hard work and even a little in salesmanship if you want to call it that.

I'm not entirely decided on what I want to do at the moment, but I do hope to eventually be doing information products.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Default Hi!

Hi there everyone Thought it's about time I introduced myself, as I've been lurking and learning for a while and hope to get a bit more serious about this in the not too distant future. I'm unsure what to put here really, other than that I look forward to learning from many of you and hope I can give something of value in return at some point.

I'm 27 years old, from the West Midlands, UK, and have four children. My past experience is pretty limited although I have dabbled in a few online ventures of my own. At those times, I didn't have the vision or desire to push very far with them and they eventually came to an end. Having said that, I did manage to get a little experience in hard work and even a little in salesmanship if you want to call it that.

I'm not entirely decided on what I want to do at the moment, but I do hope to eventually be doing information products.

Welcome

Right now you don't have much experience but it's good you're interested in doing more. Experience is the easiest thing to get. You don't need permission, you don't need a plan or a mentor, you just go out and try something. whether it works or not... BOOM! Instant experience.

I personally think Infopublishing is leaving the golden age and is now collapsing. It was the 'obvious' thing to do (high profit margins, easy, etc) but when something's easy... it just means there's a lot of crap products out there that ruins it for everybody that used to make a killing with decent products.

TeflonDon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Jan 9, 2013
England
To be honest the answer to why would be a selfish one, if I assess it from a Fastlane point of view. The act of researching things deeply is something that I find interesting, so it would of course be nice to do that as a full time thing - and make some cash too. The other reason for it is that when researching things for my own interest, I often find holes in the answers if you know what I mean? As in, I'm still left with unanswered questions. This leads me to believe that other people would also have the same questions, perhaps I could provide a product which answers all the questions? Who knows lol, for now I think I'd be better served starting off with something smaller as I don't have much to invest financially, though I do have a fair bit to invest time-wise.

I've been reading a lot about affiliate marketing and the like recently, perhaps this is a good place to start learning a little more about selling products? I haven't used my own site to sell anything before, usually using ebay type sites and relying on my own customer service to create repeat custom. This was all on a much smaller scale than I see people talking about on here though, as I say, my mindset was nowhere near fastlane at the time :)

Dennis, I hear you on it perhaps being a downhill market, and I do need to think a lot more about what I actually want to do long-term. In all honesty, at this point, the first step is just so much more important to me. Once I can figure a way to get a start earning for myself, then I'll focus a lot more on step two. This is a mindset I like to apply to many areas of my life too haha

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TeflonDon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Jan 9, 2013
England
snowbank, if the why was aimed more at why I'm not sure, rather than the information products? To be honest, I'm just looking for somewhere to start right now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...