The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi there!

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Hello! I'm really, really glad I've found this forum. Its the materialization of something I've wanted for a long time, a place to share questions and answers with people that think alike me. I have been reading the forum for about a month, and now I'm sure this is the place for me.

First, please excuse if my english is not very good, my main language is spanish since I'm from Argentina.

I currently work as an employee for the gov in Immigrations at the tech area as a Sys. Admin. Its not the best paid job, but is really above average. I earn about $45.000 (Argentine Pesos) a year. That's about $15.000 dollars a year, being the average salary about $20.000 (Arg. Pesos)
I also develop web sites as a side business and am about to setup offices in order to hire people to help me out since I'm having really a lot of work.

I'm 25 years old, single and living with my parents (its pretty usual to don't leave home until 30's in here due to financial related issues)

I've been really into tech related stuff since I can remember. Electronics was my hobby when I was a child. At 12 I got my first computer and began programming.

In the year 2000 I got into college to pursue a Computer Engineering degree (5 ys career here). That same year my best friend died from cancer.

Suddenly, everything I had dreamed went to hell since we where moving to the capital of my country (buenos aires) to study. I spent a year there,alone and not going to college and thinking about what to do with my life since I learned more and more about programming.

After a year I came back to my city and signed up for the same career in a local college. 2 years passed by and I had enough. That wasn't for me. The courses were really really outdated and I didn't see myself as a full-time engineer in any big corp.

I got into a gov job as I cited above and started developing websites part time. A few months after someone recommended me the RDPD book and that thing changed my life. I'm not a really RK "fan", a lot of the things about RE and Taxes that he writes about doesn't apply to my country at all and I don't fully agree with some of his statements.
BUT, I always knew deep inside of me some of the things that I understood and organized in my head once I read his books:

-The most valuable asset I have is my time
-I never wanted money for the sakes of money. I wanted freedom
-Being an employee would never make my financial life "secure"
-The more I earned, the more I owed

From then on I have been trying to figure a way out of the rat race without success. Anyways I will never give up, never.
I don't really have much friends that think like me, being the main goal for all of them a high paid job at some big corp. (The american dream is really present here too)

So that's me. I hope you didn't fall asleep reading this, but thats my story :p

Look forward to share anything that may be of help to anyone as well as making a few questions since I have a lot of doubts at this time in my life.

Kind rewards,
Jorge

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Welcome aboard! ...You are the 300th member. There is no prize for that, however you do get a smiley face party in your honor.:party:

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Cool! Now we are like the movie lol

Lets unite and fight against the middle class masses hahah

Ps: I had a hard time login in from my blackberry! Anyone using one?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Welcome aboard!

lucas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 7, 2007
Bienvenidos, Jorge! This forum is great, I'm sure you will learn a lot from the huge amount of valuable information here as I have!

lobster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Oct 23, 2007
hi, nice to meet you. you do have the right mind set. hope we can learn from each other. welcome to the board.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Hey! Thanks for your responses :)

I've been busy and with work travels so I could be in touch with the board.

Thanks again!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...