The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, I'm just another Simon

Anothersimon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 3, 2018
Johannesburg
Thanks for having me here and greetings from South Africa.

I am almost through with reading Unscripted . Haven't read the Fastlane yet.

So, why am I here.

I am working on a content business to help others navigate the corporate jungle without losing their wits. Given all the struggles (emotional and external) I've had in the corporate world, what better way to leave them behind than by passing on all the wisdom I didn't have when I needed it.

And of course, by doing this I want to create my way out of the corporate world.

I joined this forum to help me stick with the process and learn from others. I have a fair share of experience in strategic marketing and I enjoy passing that on to others here. I enjoy brainstorming ideas with others.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I am working on a content business to help others navigate the corporate jungle without losing their wits.

Hi Simon, welcome to the forum. I'm a Gen-X'er with many years of corporate jobs, and was recently in some business networking groups that had a lot of Millennials. They were always very interested to talk with me about their struggles navigating office politics, etc., with someone who'd been there. I think there's tremendous opportunity to provide exactly this kind of insight, some with what you can teach, some as a mutual self-help forum for the participants.

I've read Fastlane but not yet Unscripted .

I've known a couple of South Africans who emigrated. Your Water Crisis is in the news here. It looks like government is overwhelmed about how to respond, after many years of pushing off the problems?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Simon, great to have you!

Anothersimon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 3, 2018
Johannesburg
Hi Simon, welcome to the forum. I'm a Gen-X'er with many years of corporate jobs, and was recently in some business networking groups that had a lot of Millennials. They were always very interested to talk with me about their struggles navigating office politics, etc., with someone who'd been there. I think there's tremendous opportunity to provide exactly this kind of insight, some with what you can teach, some as a mutual self-help forum for the participants.

I've read Fastlane but not yet Unscripted .

I've known a couple of South Africans who emigrated. Your Water Crisis is in the news here. It looks like government is overwhelmed about how to respond, after many years of pushing off the problems?

Hi Late Bloomer. Thank you so much for your response. Feedback like this motivates me to push on. I'd love to hear about the most common question a veteran like you gets asked. I am putting together a content calendar to give myself a bit of structure. Funny enough, I just wrote an article on office politics.

if you interested, I will send you the link. Not sure if self-promotion is allowed on this forum.

The water situation is pretty dire. More so in the Cape. I live in Johannesburg. The thought of running out of water is probably so unsettling that most people pretend its not happening.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
if you interested, I will send you the link. Not sure if self-promotion is allowed on this forum.

You could send a note to one of the administrators asking if it's okay to put on the public forum. You can also use the private message feature to let me know directly.

I'd love to hear about the most common question a veteran like you gets asked.

"My boss didn't appreciate the work I did, overlooked my contribution to a big project, was unfair in my performance review. I like the company but is it worthwhile to put up with this for another few years?" That kind of thing.

Anothersimon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 3, 2018
Johannesburg
Ahh brilliant. I actually wrote something about the 'appreciation' issue. That was one that plagued me the most. Really like the performance review and 'is it worth it to stay' topic. I will definitely reflect, research and write on that. I am learning that very very razor targeted content is the best.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Ahh brilliant. I actually wrote something about the 'appreciation' issue. That was one that plagued me the most. Really like the performance review and 'is it worth it to stay' topic. I will definitely reflect, research and write on that. I am learning that very very razor targeted content is the best.

If you can get some readers or followers, and you have a comments area or a way for people to email you, pretty soon you'll get enough questions to fill your editorial calendar.

I read the memoirs of a software entrepreneur, who said that the only part they had to come up was Version 1.0. As soon as they had some customers, from then on the development wish list was always totally full with suggestions and demands from customers, about what features they wanted to buy next! The company's only challenge was how to realistically break the features into an achievable release schedule... not what to dream up that they could add.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...