The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi. I'm Beni. My experience so far.

Beni

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 14, 2008
Hello,

My name is Beni, and I'm a 27 years old male Spaniard.

I've been interested in online business for the last 3 years. On 2006 I developed a training log keeping website. Which attracted the attention of a famed coach. We tried to profit from it as a subscription service but we never made a significant amount of money (not even to cover a dedicated server cost). Now we are offering it for free (it's an abandoned project, at least now).

What I learnt from that experience:
a) Never ever again invest my time in something without a clear business model.
b) Focus on solutions, not on fancy technology (I'm a computer scientist and I fell victim of that).
c) Don't reinvent the wheel.
d) Creating something on your own is hard, no one to talk to (at least no one than really cares)

My near future plans are:

- Get a job

- Creating a dating website using preexisting software (c). Using ad publising as the primary income source (a) and maybe micropayments for some services.

I know there plenty of services like that (not so many in Spain), but I't shouldn't take me too long and I have a big mailing list of people interested in a service like that.

Beni.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Glad to have you! Welcome Beni. Dating sites are a dime a dozen here in the US. Is it impossible to start one up now here in the US and profit? No. Nothing is easy I guess. Good luck with your venture in Spain! And you have someone to bounce idea's off of now.... :)

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Bienvenido, Beni.

Great experience and very good lessons learned. Thanks for sharing.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
Hola Beni

Where in Spain are you? My son is going to the University of Salamanca this summer and my husband and I are going to vacation in Barcelona. It's our first visit to Spain for all of us.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Hi Beni! My aunt live's in Madrid and I'm from Argentina ;)

BTW, Diane, my dad went to Salamanca Univ. a few years ago to make a Postgraduate Education (don't know how to say it. Maybe a "Master" would be correct)

Beni

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 14, 2008
Hola Beni

Where in Spain are you? My son is going to the University of Salamanca this summer and my husband and I are going to vacation in Barcelona. It's our first visit to Spain for all of us.

I live in Gijón (Asturias), north of Spain. Our motto is "natural paradise" but there aren't too many interesting things here in the north.

Your son is going to have a great summer. Salamanca is one of the most beautiful cities of Spain, full of students and nice buildings to visit.
Near it (2 hours driving) is Segovia a nice place to visit, if he goes there tell him to eat "cochinillo" and visit La Granja palace and the Alcazar.

Barcelona is a beautiful city too. Although I don't know Cataluña, very well. But I'll probably end up living there or in Madrid next year.

Hope, you enjoy your vacation here.

Beni

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 14, 2008
Hi Beni! My aunt live's in Madrid and I'm from Argentina ;)

BTW, Diane, my dad went to Salamanca Univ. a few years ago to make a Postgraduate Education (don't know how to say it. Maybe a "Master" would be correct)

Hello Jorge,

I'm glad I'm not the only Spanish talker here. At least, you'll understand my faulty English. ;)

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Diane and andviv also speak spanish, we are not alone! :p

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Beni and thanks for the background on yourself!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...