Hello, my name is Shailesh and I live in Michigan, just outside of Detroit. I just joined the forum after lurking here for couple of days.
MJ followed me on twitter, I checked him out, got really intrigued, bought his book for kindle, just finished reading it, and here I am.
I have had corporate jobs, an MBA and a great consulting job after my MBA. Still, something was lacking. For one, the amount of work I was putting in on my job could be leveraged to significantly higher returns if I had my own company. I also craved the control and the adrenaline of being an entrepreneur.
About 2 years ago, the first of my two sons were born. That was the wake up call for me. I knew if I did not step out then, I would eventually "settle in". I couldn't let that happen. So I quit.
I ran a manufacturing business for 2 years and that was a great learning experience. The business did not survive, and true the economy played a part, but it was primarily my fault for not planning an adequate working capital and selling to the customers that were a high credit risk. I probably learned more about business in these 2 years than through my MBA and my business consulting years combined.
For the past two years I have been working on growing a website that I had started when my manufacturing business was being wound down. With this site, we have already touched many lives and we are just getting started. I have a lot of exciting ideas for this site. Reading MJ's book I realized that this actually fits MJ's criteria for a fastlane business well, except that "entry" is quite easy in this area, and therefore I have to offer exceptional value to our users and focus on building a brand. This has been my main focus for last few months.
Reading MJ's book was a little strange. The concepts he talks about immediately resonated with me because I have thought about these topics a lot in the last 10 years and have come to similar conclusions. MJ just makes them all fit together in a way that I was not able to do. I have never felt this oneness of mind talking to other people or reading other works.
My purpose for joining this forum is simple: to learn from you, and to share what I know. All of us here have chosen a path that is not "normal" in our immediate circles, so it will be great to be able to come here and interact in a community where it is not only "normal" but also highly encouraged.
MJ followed me on twitter, I checked him out, got really intrigued, bought his book for kindle, just finished reading it, and here I am.
I have had corporate jobs, an MBA and a great consulting job after my MBA. Still, something was lacking. For one, the amount of work I was putting in on my job could be leveraged to significantly higher returns if I had my own company. I also craved the control and the adrenaline of being an entrepreneur.
About 2 years ago, the first of my two sons were born. That was the wake up call for me. I knew if I did not step out then, I would eventually "settle in". I couldn't let that happen. So I quit.
I ran a manufacturing business for 2 years and that was a great learning experience. The business did not survive, and true the economy played a part, but it was primarily my fault for not planning an adequate working capital and selling to the customers that were a high credit risk. I probably learned more about business in these 2 years than through my MBA and my business consulting years combined.
For the past two years I have been working on growing a website that I had started when my manufacturing business was being wound down. With this site, we have already touched many lives and we are just getting started. I have a lot of exciting ideas for this site. Reading MJ's book I realized that this actually fits MJ's criteria for a fastlane business well, except that "entry" is quite easy in this area, and therefore I have to offer exceptional value to our users and focus on building a brand. This has been my main focus for last few months.
Reading MJ's book was a little strange. The concepts he talks about immediately resonated with me because I have thought about these topics a lot in the last 10 years and have come to similar conclusions. MJ just makes them all fit together in a way that I was not able to do. I have never felt this oneness of mind talking to other people or reading other works.
My purpose for joining this forum is simple: to learn from you, and to share what I know. All of us here have chosen a path that is not "normal" in our immediate circles, so it will be great to be able to come here and interact in a community where it is not only "normal" but also highly encouraged.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
