- Joined
- May 1, 2019
- Messages
- 3
Rep Bank
$100
$100
User Power: 33%
@MJ DeMarco thank you so much for writing the Millionaire Fastlane ! I always knew something was wrong with the traditional message about money. Every time I felt, “I made it!”, reality kicked in and put me back in the slow lane. I became an RN in the ‘90s, then a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) in 2012 following slowlane advice to boost my wages to a six-figure income. Racked with student debt, I came up with a solution - borrow money and become a landlord, use rent money to pay back real estate debt AND the student loans. It’s working, so I wrote a book about it. Landlording was the first feeling I had of fastlane possibilities (the rush is amazing!). Then self publishing a book put that sensation into overdrive. But it fizzled. I realized halfway through your book why mine just putters along. The title, Landlord Away Your Student Loan Debt, is a little clunky, but it explains my solution succinctly. However, sales are not what I’d hoped because of BARRIERS TO ENTRY. I never had a problem borrowing money for something I was passionate about. I didn’t see the obstacles of repairing homes, finding tenants, dealing with evictions, pest control, and all the other “work” of being a landlord as a put off. It often perplexed me how often people would say, “Man, I should do that.” I would encourage them, hell, I offered them every resource at my disposal... but no one ever committed. Normal people don’t want to do this stuff, just make excuses. I’ve had a couple minor hits, and I make a lot more money than most others stuck in the slow lane (just found out about a $30,000/year raise today...meh). But it’s not enough. I’m going to keep trying. My eyes are open! Your book really put a bunch of concepts that I’ve seen fragments of together. Again, thank you!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
